What's the last absent minded thing you did?

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ve been standing in my kitchen waiting for a crumpet to cook. I noticed I hadn't pushed the lever down. Oops! So I did but it still took so long. I looked in the toaster to see how it looked. The toaster was empty. The crumpet was still in the fridge!!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one who does silly things ;)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL....Nope...you are not the only one.  I made myself some coffee and went to put the sugar back into the fridge......whoops....sugar does not belong in fridge. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL....Nope...you are not the only one.  I made myself some coffee and went to put the sugar back into the fridge......whoops....sugar does not belong in fridge. :happy3:  
lol!! Not so long ago I almost put the milk in the pantry!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put a carton of ice cream in the fridge instead of the freezer once.  I found it the next morning luckily it didn't leak.  I felt really bad about that, that was right after I was divorced, the kids were small and money was tight.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left my key in the lock on the outside of the front door. More than once. Thankfully I live in a safe area!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot.  I have done all of the above at one time, left milk on counter, ice cream in fridge, and keys in back door.  Luckily, I ended up noticing in the first half hour, but really it was chalked up to "thinking" about something else at the time or just not paying attention, because of "thinking about other things."

I have driven by the exit ramp on the highway.  Took the long way home then....lol.

Has anyone ever put dog food in cat's bowl or vice versa.?  The look the cat gave me, made me never do it again.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a quart sized plastic tub (like a yogurt carton) sitting in the sink with a bit of water and the silverware soaking in it.

I don't remember why I reached into it; to retrieve something important, I'm sure.

Do you see where this is going?

Yes, there was a paring knife in there.

Yes, I knew it was there.

I couldn't possibly miss the bright neon green handle.

Bright

NEON

G R E E N

Still, it must have been important for me to stick my hand in there.

I can't remember, due to the instant shock of slicing my finger open.   

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, there was a paring knife in there.

Yes, I knew it was there.

I couldn't possibly miss the bright neon green handle.

Bright

NEON

G R E E N

Still, it must have been important for me to stick my hand in there.

I can't remember, due to the instant shock of slicing my finger open.   

OUCH! Absent-minded and somewhat dangerous, not a good combination.  But I am sure you never did it again.  

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am guilty of leaving the keys in the front door and then searching frantically for them in the house!! I took the wrong turn just the other day because I was talking. Do you think we do silly things because we are always trying to do too much at the same time?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is pregnant with my first son I had pregnancy brain and I put my shoes in the freezer one day
And now that I have two kids, both toddlers I've been known to throw garbage in the hamper and dirty laundry in the garbage pail.

karrecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever put dog food in cat's bowl or vice versa.?  The look the cat gave me, made me never do it again.

I've done this by accident a couple times. Luckily, I've always realized right afterwards- if not, Schwanli (my dog) would be in big trouble... 

I took two wrong exits on the highway while making a phone call (and it was using Bluetooth!). Silly me. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is pregnant with my first son I had pregnancy brain and I put my shoes in the freezer one day
And now that I have two kids, both toddlers I've been known to throw garbage in the hamper and dirty laundry in the garbage pail.
In summer my daughter puts her pajamas in the freezer to cool them down. Maybe I should suggest slippers too!!! That's a classic.

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just last week I was waiting for my phone to charge and after two hours I noticed I had the phone plugged into the charger but the charger wasn't plugged into the power strip. Earlier today I was looking for my phone Nd it was in my pocket

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I was on the phone with my mom and I said oh my gosh mom I can't find my phone I got to find it. My mom was silent for 30 seconds and then just died laughing

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

In summer my daughter puts her pajamas in the freezer to cool them down. Maybe I should suggest slippers too!!! That's a classic.
@ Tammat.... Are you saying that your daughter does this on purpose??   Huh.

I think our brains just go "blank" for a split second becasue we are tired or just thinkng, and that is why we get absent minds.  But maybe you are right in that we do try to do to many things at once.  I know that if I walk into a room of the house and see something "new" to do, I lose focus, and forget about the first thing I was doing.  Its a wonder any thing gets done.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on a roll now
When my latest was born He was only a few months old And i poured coffee in his baby bottle and poured formula in my coffee mug

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on a roll now
When my latest was born He was only a few months old And i poured coffee in his baby bottle and poured formula in my coffee mug
@BBDOLL22  ...you are killing me here (with laughter).  Shoes in the Freezer?  Were  the shoes at least in some sort of bag which you mistook for a food item?

@Tammat  wanted to know if you thought it was because you were doing too much at the same time.

In your case,   I am not sure...lol....sounds more like "a mom who needs more sleep".....but what is up with the losing the phone.....silent.....lol.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No my shoes were just in the freezer, no bag.

If you were referring that I was the mom that needs more sleep you are right.im 43 and I have a 4 year old and a 17 month old. I feel old and tired lol

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ Tammat.... Are you saying that your daughter does this on purpose??   Huh.

I think our brains just go "blank" for a split second becasue we are tired or just thinkng, and that is why we get absent minds.  But maybe you are right in that we do try to do to many things at once.  I know that if I walk into a room of the house and see something "new" to do, I lose focus, and forget about the first thing I was doing.  Its a wonder any thing gets done.
Yes my daughter puts her pjamas in the freezer on purpose. To make them cold for hot nights!! I walk into rooms all the time and find something new to do ;) you are not alone on that one. I still love the shoes in the freezer :)

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are so good!

I used to use a single cup coffee maker. The kind where there is no carafe; you just put your mug under it.  You probably see where I'm going; yeah I forgot to put the mug under it.
  I used the mug to fill the water tank and set the mug next to it instead of under it for some reason.  After my son was born we switched to a traditional coffee maker.  I need more than one little cup at a time.

I almost put something in the refrigerator the other day.  I don't remember what anymore.  I've done silly stuff like in the shower I put conditioner in my hand and started to wash my face with it.  Smelled nice....    DH has found my keys in the garage door.  Thankfully; we have a garage!

I've nearly dropped the cap to the milk carton into a sippy cup multiple times.  I don't think I've actually dropped it in though.