What's the difference between kitten and adult dry food?

Kee

High Velocity
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of dry food but we were given quite a bit of dry kitten food for free. It's good quality stuff, no grains or whatever and mostly meat. Cole is 15 months old or so, and I was wondering how different the nutritional needs of an adult cat are from a kitten.

I understand that kitten food has more protein since they're growing and everything, but is that not a good thing for all cats? Higher protein = better is what I've heard.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten food has more fat and is higher in calories, but yes, mostly down to marketing. If you’re not a fan of dry food, you could always give the food to a shelter, they’d be very grateful, given its still kitten season.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kee

High Velocity
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten food has more fat and is higher in calories, but yes, mostly down to marketing. If you’re not a fan of dry food, you could always give the food to a shelter, they’d be very grateful, given its still kitten season.
Good idea! I hadn't thought of that. I'm thinking of maybe getting a kitten at some point soon, so I might hang onto it for a little until my family has decided. Higher fat is something I'd like to avoid for my 15 month since he's a big boy already