What's The Best Compliment You've Recieved?

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. You brought a smile to my face. When people say nice things to me I just ignore it as I figured they don't mean it.
I’m so glad! And I understand, I also have that (bad) habit.:ruminating: Yet, I suppose we both need to try to think of it this way, when you compliment people, you mean it, right? Try to remember that good feeling feeling you are trying to pass to another deserving person, and take it back in! I will try to take my own advise, lol! :salam:
You deserve it! :cheerleader:
And knowing you smiled makes me happy too, thanks for making me smile right back! :p

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really remember compliments. I think people have told me that I'm patient and knowledgeable. But I can't remember the best compliment. I usually only remember the bad things people say about me. I remember more negative things than I do positive.
Ok, you can join our
I’m so glad! And I understand, I also have that (bad) habit.:ruminating: Yet, I suppose we both need to try to think of it this way, when you compliment people, you mean it, right? Try to remember that good feeling feeling you are trying to pass to another deserving person, and take it back in! I will try to take my own advise, lol! :salam:
And knowing you smiled makes me happy too, thanks for making me smile right back! :p
I don't really remember compliments. I think people have told me that I'm patient and knowledgeable. But I can't remember the best compliment. I usually only remember the bad things people say about me. I remember more negative things than I do positive.
Ok @MeganLLB you can join our club too!
Give some compliments and remember that great feeling of making someone smile, and then take it back or when someone compliments you! :bouquet: Tada! You will see you get more than you realize, and people compliment more when they know you receive it well too. Simply by being here I know you love and care for these silly little creatures that (I’m sure) like the rest of us rule your world- and you love them for it. That makes you kinda awesome, just so you know. :goldstar:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I could think of a few in my (long) lifetime but one of the best was about a year ago. I was talking to one of our young interns on her last day. She was asking me about what I did outside of work. She already knew I loved cats. I started talking about fostering kittens and the other things I do at the shelter. She said she envied me for finding the thing that I could be so passionate about. I took that as a compliment.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If it counts as a compliment, people always tell me I look younger than I am. :wink:

But I think the best compliment I received was on my last day of work as a special education teacher. The staff on my team said they called me, "the whisperer." I took it as a huge compliment and almost cried, just thinking about it makes me tear up. Then they asked me if I would promise to come back and substitute teach with them. Of course you know I did! :thumbsup:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit of a geek, and most of the time when people tease me about it, it's not exactly meant as a compliment. :wink:

But a few years ago, I was working on a project with a woman from Germany who saw my geekiness as an asset. "Your thinking is very German," she said. "You're extremely precise and methodical." I think that was the first time that sounded like a good thing. :)

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
This thread reminds me of a rule at a camp. It was "if you say anything bad about someone you have to say two good things about the person." I like it. None of the other campers said anything bad about me.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
The best compliment I ever got was, "You know a lot about football." Many people who watch football in a totally different way and can think about several things at the same time kept telling me I know nothing about football or I am not a real fan of my favorite team. But when I talk to people who don't pretend to be experts in the sport, they appreciate the fact that I do know what I am talking about.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the best compliments that stick out to me are things about which I'm secretly self-conscious.
One time a group of my coworkers was discussing something fairly esoteric, (I can't remember exactly what,) and they asked me to weigh in on it. "I don't know," I said. "Why on earth would you expect me to know that?"
"Because you know a little bit about everything," she replied. "And what you don't know, you'll look up. Saves me the trouble."
We giggled about that, but I really took it as a compliment, because I worry I come off too smart alecky sometimes when I chime in to discussions about which I might know something.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can think of a few things.

My son used to call me at work to ask how to do something in Word, which I could usually give him three ways to do. One time he said, "You know more about Word than anybody!"

Once, when I was about 60, the clerk in the liquor store asked for my ID. I also got carded in a restaurant about the same time.

My mother had a portrait painted of me when I was 20. A recent visitor looked at the portrait and said, "Who's that? She looks like a movie star!" Needless to say, I don't look like that anymore, but it was nice to hear it.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One that really sticks in my mind is when a guy told me I know a lot about baseball. I was watching my team in a bar while I was waiting for a friend to get out of a night class. He tried to change the channel on me and I told him I am actually watching that game. We had a great conversation while I was watching my game and he bought me a couple of beers. He was at the bar waiting for friends to get there. We were both in relationships and it was a fun conversation.