What's The Best Compliment You've Recieved?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Time to spread some positivity!!

What's the best compliment you've ever gotten? Share as much as you wish!

Today, I was told by someone I remind them of Leslie Burke. Now, I had no clue who that was, but after some research, oh my stars, I was so flattered. I also look like her, but it's the energy that's the same.

In return, I'd like to compliment everyone here and say that all you catsite members are wonderful people. There's a reason you were graced with your fantastic cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I have never gotten any good compliments.
Well, Muffy, I don't understand why that would be! You seem like a good friend from what I've seen of your posts, and you seem to have a huge love of animals. I think that if I were to include you in a book, you would be a Queen or a wise doctor/healer.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably my favorite compliment I've received was from my old roommate who said that I'm very soothing. I'd always go sit in her room before she fell asleep and we'd just chat and she says my voice would help her fall asleep. I've jokingly considered recording myself reading something and giving it to her for Christmas.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I think you're an amazing person and I always enjoy reading your posts. Sometimes I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You don't realize how much you rock! :hugs:

One summer morning a few years ago, I was walking on my work neighborhood route (when I was walking outside regularly, in the summer, I'd come into work early, walk for an hour, then come back to the office and change clothes). I was walking east and a woman was driving west.

The lady stopped her car, put down the window, and said, "I just have to tell you that your hair looks glorious! It looks like it's on fire! With your color and the way the sun is shining on you, it's beautiful! I'd sell my soul for your hair!"

And that made my month!

The other night, Rick and I were wheeling groceries out to the parking lot. A woman stopped and said, "I love your jacket! Where did you get it?" It was an outlet special at Christopher and Banks that I bought a few months ago. I thanked her and told her where I got it. Rick just looked at me and shook his head.

When you're an old fart like I am, you'll take what you can get!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank Merlin 77 and Winchester. That was sweet of you guys to say that. I honestly don't remember getting any compilments. My neighbor did say I was a nice person last night.

I might as well say what I did yesterday. My neighbor took me to my doctor yesterday. I fell and hurt my tail bone on Saturday and was in a lot of pain. Nothing was broken and I am feeling a lot better.

My neighbor and I went to Chipotle for dinner.

I washed a load of clothes.

I don't do much that's why I don't post in this thread.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Compliments to me don't mean much. But when people compliment my son...
Like when they say "he's such a nice and respectful young man", or when he got an award at school for high morality and integrity. Even when he gets high grades (he made the Deans list last semester).
Being a single mom was hard, but at least I know I did something right.

I've always told him "People can take almost anything from you, but they can never take your integrity". I have overheard him telling his friends the same thing.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the compliments I've had have been online since I have a large photography account on Instagram, and people often leave me really lovely comments on there. Some of the ones that have particularly stuck in my heart are those from other photographers who said that I inspired them to take a photo or even start photography itself - that made me really happy, because photography is a great passion of mine so it's wonderful that I've helped others discover their great passion.
Someone else also told me on Instagram once that they don't understand why I'm not 'internet famous' and that made me smile too, and I also really love the comments that tell me not to give up because of the quality of my work. There have been lots of other lovely things said to me, I can't remember a lot of them but these are the ones that really stuck!

IRL; I'm quite awkward when I receive compliments haha so I haven't as many, but many of my friends and family have complimented me on how well I look after Toffee and Fudge, and how lucky Toffee and Fudge are to have me as their human. Along similar lines my friend also told me that I have a gift for working with people who aren't as fortunate or who need lots of attention and care. That made me smile because it was really nice to hear someone say that they think I could make a difference, because I hope to become a speech therapist eventually so making a difference will kind of be my job!
I was bullied for most of my primary school life and all throughout my secondary school life, so my aunt once told me that the other people in my class were missing out on how worthwhile I was and what a good friend I can be.

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank Merlin 77 and Winchester. That was sweet of you guys to say that. I honestly don't remember getting any compilments. My neighbor did say I was a nice person last night.

I might as well say what I did yesterday. My neighbor took me to my doctor yesterday. I fell and hurt my tail bone on Saturday and was in a lot of pain. Nothing was broken and I am feeling a lot better.

My neighbor and I went to Chipotle for dinner.

I washed a load of clothes.

I don't do much that's why I don't post in this thread.
You’re fantastic! Someone who loves animals and cares like you do has a beautiful spirit and heart, period! :heartshape:
Take the time to really hear and look for compliments, I’m sure they are there for such a great human, sometimes we just brush them off and then don’t feel them. (I’m Guilty!)
People really mean the kind things they say to you, so take all these on this thread and smile today!:cheerleader:
And I’m glad you’re feeling better!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You’re fantastic! Someone who loves animals and cares like you do has a beautiful spirit and heart, period! :heartshape:
Take the time to really hear and look for compliments, I’m sure they are there for such a great human, sometimes we

just brush them off and then don’t feel them. (I’m Guilty!)
People really mean the kind things they say to you, so take all these on this thread and smile today!:cheerleader:
And I’m glad you’re feeling better!
Thank you. You brought a smile to my face. When people say nice things to me I just ignore it as I figured they don't mean it.