whats the best cat food

nern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
badhabit,
Sorry, I didnt realize your were talking about rapid switching. I do agree with you. I switch over a period of three weeks and I think that makes a huge difference in decreasing any digestive upsets in mine.

megh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whew!!

I am more confused than ever!!!

I did a lot of research last year, and I think I will stick with Eukanuba. My older cat has a beautiful coat & frankly, his poop is not too stinky. This is such a confusing topic -- now I remember why I decided to pick Eukanuba & stick with it!

patsy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 54 pet cats and I feed 150 feral cats around the city where I live every night. I feed my spoiled pet cats, Science Diet senior for my toothless girl (this is all she likes), Pro Plan hairball or turkey and barley, Royal canin senior, adult and kitten. I feed my ferals Friskies, Meow Mix, Chef's Blend or other Friskies or Purina Brands. I never feed any cats store or generic brands. I think they are too full of junk and garbage (literally) and besides not even the ferals will eat them. In short all my cats, pets and ferals are healthy and beautiful. If you put one of my ferals next to one of my pets and asked which one is being fed the premium food based on their appearance, you couldn't tell the difference. My pet cats have the usual illnesses. I'm blessed though, no one with bladder stones, but have had a couple with kidney infections. I mix their dry with canned twice a day. So overall I don't really know if Pro Plan is actually better for my cats than Purina Cat Chow. Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you. Good Luck