What's That Sound...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has gotten to the point where I will hear a noise and think, "that can wait till morning, that's not a "danger" sound" as most of the time the noises I hear from my cats are in the middle of the night. I can tell which room they are in and what it is they have gotten into. I've always had pretty sensitive hearing so it has come in handy with my two new mischievous critters!

LOL!!!
With your play on words and sense of humor that I've seen with so many of your other posts, I swear you could make a killing writing MEMEs and "funny" greeting/birthday cards.
Or maybe you should write and publish a "bathroom reader". With funny little stories or "it's funny cuz it's true" type "quotes".
A few months ago I heard a crash and the sound of scattering and thought they knocked over a stack of books I had on the end table. Nope. It was a recliner that was on it's back.
How the hell did they do that, I can't even more that stupid chair an inch it's so heavy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When the computer loving cat eats too fast and pukes it up, I've caught Queenie saving us the trouble and cleaning it up for us :barfgreen: I think she thinks that's magic :flail:
My dog used to do that. One of the cats would barf and by the time I had grabbed something to clean it up with it was gone and the dog would be sitting there grinning like a fool. She was very thorough too.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will be laying in bed and hear a tink tink sound. I grab a flashlight to see what is making the noise and discover Theodore is dragging his wand toy up the stairs! He brings it up almost every night and if I don't hear it, I step on it when I get up in the morning! He wants to play all the time! LOL

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dog used to do that. One of the cats would barf and by the time I had grabbed something to clean it up with it was gone and the dog would be sitting there grinning like a fool. She was very thorough too.
Got one of those, too, "no need to waste paper towels, I'll do the dirty work. And now I feel the need to try to lick your face for 20 minutes. Hey, where ya going?" as I'll high tail my butt out the back door and pretend to be doing yard work for 2 hours, even though it's 40 degrees below zero and we're in the middle of a blizzard :lol2:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be laying in bed and hear a tink tink sound. I grab a flashlight to see what is making the noise and discover Theodore is dragging his wand toy up the stairs! He brings it up almost every night and if I don't hear it, I step on it when I get up in the morning! He wants to play all the time! LOL
As a kitten one of our big boys made the back porch "his" and would take any toy you gave him and run with it to his room. We gave him a wand and he'd run it down the hallway to his porch so he could inspect it or kill it. Watching him run with that wand was so funny, head was always held high and he moved semi laterally so the stick attached to the string didn't touch his feet. He reminded me of a horse moving his butt away from something only a little spooky :flail:

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
The TV room (guest room) is behind the kitchen. I heard "in the cabinet" noises behind the wall and went to investigate. I found that two of my three pig-o-lets had opened a cabinet, dragged out an unopened box of Twinkies out, gotten into them and were just polishing off one of the Twinkies.

That's not an isolated instance. They're really getting bad about shopping in the kitchen cabinets!
I have bungee cords on my cabinets.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to do something. This morning, I found they'd gotten into the cabinet again overnight and had been playing with a couple of cans of soup they'd knocked onto the floor.

I heard the noise at night and just said to myself, "It will wait until I get up."

Bungee cords had occurred to me, but there's no way I can see to fasten them. How do you do it?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Missy' s meow sounds different with a mouthful of lizard too. I wonder why they feel the need to meow...

View attachment 277924
It's so you can admire their kill.
Our older cats have done this with an injured mouse before (I used to let them go and find them dead about 2 feet from where I let them loose in a pile of brush.)
Then here comes ol' BG with a toy clamped in her jaws, making the same noises, dropping her inanimate kill at my feet and soaking up the glory of bringing me a prize without making me play exterminator.
I think she plots this crap to make herself look good ;)
Well, I should edit that I used to let the injured mice go and find them dead. Never let our cats go and found them dead.
This is why I never got into editing :flail:

Last edited:

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have one of those battery powered light up balls with the twirling tail around here somewhere. I say somewhere because I think the batteries are dying and it periodically goes off on it's own but no one can find it. Bonnie gets her airplane ears going, but by the time I get up, it stops and it's whereabouts remain unknown. lol

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one of those battery powered light up balls with the twirling tail around here somewhere. I say somewhere because I think the batteries are dying and it periodically goes off on it's own but no one can find it. Bonnie gets her airplane ears going, but by the time I get up, it stops and it's whereabouts remain unknown. lol
:flail:
We had this little cheap fuzzy bird toy that would make a computerized chirp noise whenever it was moved, the cats loved it and soaked it in spit. For a cheap toy, it lasted a long time so I thought I'd try to wash it in the washing machine with their bedding to get the spit off.
When I opened the washer, there was the sound of a sick and dying toy bird that wouldn't stop making that sound no matter what I did. I poked at it a little, tapped it on the wall, and threw it on the ground as hard as I could. It wouldn't stop.
I snuck it into my wifes desk drawer, stuck my hands in my pockets, and walked away whistling. Next day, she said "I think something is dying in the desk" and I was caught red handed :(
That stupid thing made sad cheep noises for a week, then finally became silent. Cats still play with it though.