What's That Sound...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier today, I'm in the living room minding my own beezwax when I hear this sound ("Clink Clink") coming from our kitchen. I approach the kitchen and the noise stops, and I thought maybe the pipes are acting off or the fridge is on the fritz, but since it stopped I say "oh well" and go back into the living room. 30 seconds later, I hear it again, and when I approach our kitchen, it stops, so I start poking around the fridge and the freezer thinking somethings come loose and is making a clink noise. (My version of checking for problems is opening the fridge door, staring inside, saying "......huh" then walking away.)
Back in the living room, 90 seconds later, clink clink clink clink so I tip toe and peek around the corner and Ty is crouched in the sink, licking the crap out of a spoon I used to scoop yogurt for one of the dogs.
Next time you think your major appliances are about to be toast, always check your sink for a sheepish cat with a blob of yogurt on his or her nose :flail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Great! I get it. Sometimes I think all this time with the cats is training my ears too. I hear every little noise that is out of place and yeah it's usually a cat doing something mischievous.
It gets very bad when you can tell which cat is taking a bath by the sound their little tongues make.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell my cats apart in the dark by their breathing when they sleep. Yammy always snores, soft or very loud, Dutch breathes much faster then the other two and has a little whistle, and Mollie 'dreams' so much I can hear her little legs going. The sound I have never gotten used to, and it still makes me come and see what is up, is that excited 'chattering' they do when a bird comes close to the window!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:lol::lol::lol: We get the "licking the spoon in the sink sound" constantly.

As I was walking up the stairs on Wednesday, I could hear tinkling. Yep, hubby forgot to close the lid to the toilet, so Mowgli used it instead of his litter box.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When im downstairs and the cats are playing upstairs, it literally sounds as if two small children are running around in the house.

When one of them jumps off the dinning room table or kitchen counter, it sounds like someone dropped a bowling ball.

I love listening to them chase their ping pong balls around the living room on the hardwood. Greg plays "pong tub"............ chases ping pong balls in the bath tub....tthe soisound makem me smile.

At night I can hear him dragging his toy mouse thru the house, as its wand slides across the tiles and hardwood flooring.

Arnold is lying on the table right now, making "acking" sounds at the birds on the bird feeder.

This ones a bit personal.........the boys arent at all shy about using their litter box in front of me....some of our cats were. And so I know that when the boys pee, I amazed by the quanity,
duration and volume of noise they produce. You would think it was a person with a very full bladder. It makes me grateful that crystals in their urinary tract arent likely soon.

I like listening to Arnold sleep. Often he makes a quiet wheezing/snoring sound and then occasionally lets out a massive long winded sigh, like he has the worries of the world on his shoulders.

Greg is thick, solid, brooding and looks always to be angry with an intimidating look, he is the hunter and has the killer instinct......yet he has this tiny little meow like a kitten. At dinner time....all I have to do is look him directly in the eyes and ask "gregy what do you want"and the killer becomes a tiny kitten, walking in circles around my feet, crying plaintively.

I should record these sounds.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
t
When im downstairs and the cats are playing upstairs, it literally sounds as if two small children are running around in the house.

When one of them jumps off the dinning room table or kitchen counter, it sounds like someone dropped a bowling ball.

I love listening to them chase their ping pong balls around the living room on the hardwood. Greg plays "pong tub"............ chases ping pong balls in the bath tub....tthe soisound makem me smile.

At night I can hear him dragging his toy mouse thru the house, as its wand slides across the tiles and hardwood flooring.

Arnold is lying on the table right now, making "acking" sounds at the birds on the bird feeder.

This ones a bit personal.........the boys arent at all shy about using their litter box in front of me....some of our cats were. And so I know that when the boys pee, I amazed by the quanity,
duration and volume of noise they produce. You would think it was a person with a very full bladder. It makes me grateful that crystals in their urinary tract arent likely soon.

I like listening to Arnold sleep. Often he makes a quiet wheezing/snoring sound and then occasionally lets out a massive long winded sigh, like he has the worries of the world on his shoulders.

Greg is thick, solid, brooding and looks always to be angry with an intimidating look, he is the hunter and has the killer instinct......yet he has this tiny little meow like a kitten. At dinner time....all I have to do is look him directly in the eyes and ask "gregy what do you want"and the killer becomes a tiny kitten, walking in circles around my feet, crying plaintively.

I should record these sounds.
Sophie's the one I look for whenever I hear a noise. She's always getting into something.

Purr-fect Purr-fect Those two are absolutely gorgeous!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The TV room (guest room) is behind the kitchen. I heard "in the cabinet" noises behind the wall and went to investigate. I found that two of my three pig-o-lets had opened a cabinet, dragged out an unopened box of Twinkies out, gotten into them and were just polishing off one of the Twinkies.

That's not an isolated instance. They're really getting bad about shopping in the kitchen cabinets!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The TV room (guest room) is behind the kitchen. I heard "in the cabinet" noises behind the wall and went to investigate. I found that two of my three pig-o-lets had opened a cabinet, dragged out an unopened box of Twinkies out, gotten into them and were just polishing off one of the Twinkies.

That's not an isolated instance. They're really getting bad about shopping in the kitchen cabinets!
Twinkies! My current cat is very polite and we’ll behaved UNLESS I happen to have Twinkies. She is just insane about them and would do whatever she had to to get her share.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh; this all sounds so familiar! :lol:
Toffee and Fudge were both rescues from a semi-feral colony, so still have a scavenging survival instinct even though they always, without fail, get three large meals a day and sometimes treats from us. We can often here a clatter of pots and pans and that's a bad sign Toffee has been up on the oven-top or up on the sink!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I hear Bee breathing at night-she whisles/snores...she does a deep sigh every 5 minutes or so-sometimes her eyes are open and she's asleep. Go figure.

Some nights she bats her mice around and can hear her smashing into the cabinets after taking a running leap and jumping on a throw rug to ride it across the floor smashing into the cabinets-Floey taught all my cats how to do this very funny trick...Floey of course has been gone for almost 3 years now but I often smile when hearing the clatter of a cabinet door in the middle of the night.

One night I left something near the sink-she wanted to get into the window over the sink-that's her outtie window she likes to meow at to go out=one day she must have knocked something over=dishes went flying crashing into the sink-cat went flying into the bedroom and shot under the bed=she would NOT come out for almost 30 minutes-even telling her "Bee come get your treats! Bee want a treatie?!" she was hiding and that was that....

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats the reason to wash dishes in time for them to dry and be put up at night.

Of course there are cats who open the cabinet doors.

Recycling plastic food containers. They bounce.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
When I hear the sound of plastic, I know it is my Bourbon licking it.

When I hear a crash or a bang, I know it is my Barley trying to get to the garbage containers, left-over food on the table, anything that he thinks is FOOD.

But when there is an eerie silence I know something graver than being mischievous is being cooked up by my kitties, like invading cabinets they are not allowed to enter into.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy and Spike get an extra wet meal every day and I put them in our bedroom to eat so Keith doesn't steal it. We have one of those spring door stops in there and when they are done you hear "Boing, boing" of them swatting at the door stop letting us know they are ready to come back out.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has gotten to the point where I will hear a noise and think, "that can wait till morning, that's not a "danger" sound" as most of the time the noises I hear from my cats are in the middle of the night. I can tell which room they are in and what it is they have gotten into. I've always had pretty sensitive hearing so it has come in handy with my two new mischievous critters!

(My version of checking for problems is opening the fridge door, staring inside, saying "......huh" then walking away.)
LOL!!!
With your play on words and sense of humor that I've seen with so many of your other posts, I swear you could make a killing writing MEMEs and "funny" greeting/birthday cards.
Or maybe you should write and publish a "bathroom reader". With funny little stories or "it's funny cuz it's true" type "quotes".