What's something you always have in your car?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, yes, things I forgot and have been reminded of: flashlight, blanket, waterproof seat cover for dogs, pretty sure there's a Leatherman tool somewhere, $20 in $5s, umbrella, hand cleaning wipes (not disinfectant; just regular like for cleaning up after eating) and of course a snow scraper/brush.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umbrella, a small clipboard to make it easier to write on, notepad, vehicle registration and insurance I.D. card, and the owner's manual- which I actually read.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
and the owner's manual- which I actually read.
Yes, me too, which is why I mentioned it in my post. There have been several times when a light came on the dashboard that I had never seen before so I pulled over to check what it meant in the car manufacturer's manual. Sometimes I breathe a sigh or relief but other times not. :nervous:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, me too, which is why I mentioned it in my post. There have been several times when a light came on the dashboard that I had never seen before so I pulled over to check what it meant in the car manufacturer's manual. Sometimes I breathe a sigh or relief but other times not. :nervous:
Personally, I always preferred actual gauges, but, for the most part, those are a thing of the past.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reflecting the times, face masks and hand sanitizer.
Also the sturdy shopping bags that I have in the boot (trunk) that I always forget to take out when I get to the shop. I then buy a new one that goes in the boot that I can forget next time.
There's a few in there now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ice scraper, phone charger, reusable grocery bags, a hat from my Halloween costume in 2017 (I honestly just don't know what to do with it, so it's been in the back seat since that Halloween), Tums, a whistle (not mine, it was my mom's when she was a teacher and my car belonged to her at the time), air compressor for my tires.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Masks, usually napkins, a pen, and always a book, just in case ;)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I no longer have a car but when I did I always had

cell phones had just become popular when I stopped driving but I had one
cheese peanut butter crackers
Hershey bars
water
blanket
extra coat
flares