What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a chronic pain syndrome called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and it changed my life/ I contracted it during arthoscopic shoulder and biceps tendon surgery in 2000.

I can no longer work and it is very difficult for me to travel even short distances because of the pain.

The good news is yesterday was amazing!! It was warm enough enough for me to sit outside and read! It as lovely!!!!

Mia

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
New books from Thriftbooks, including a copy of Tad William's "Tailchaser's Song!"  I can't wait to start it!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My book came as well. Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica. I read her second book first Pretty Baby. psychological thrillers.

I also ordered Gone with the Wind in paperback...need to read it again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I noticed my Ipod was in my sweatshirt pocket right before throwing it in the washer. That was definitely good!

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
Two of my packages arrived today. One is an anniversary present for my husband, and the other is a Cheshire Cat figurine I bought from Amazon via this site. I may do a review on it later on.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I downloaded a good book from Kindle Unlimited, The Stepmother by Sue Fortin. It is sooo good.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get Willard. The rescue said he's too difficult to handle and he's not fit for a family right now. They want to keep him and work with him. They told me to look for another dog. I was devastated. I cried and didn't sleep a wink that night. That was Tuesday. Last night, a young lady with a little Shih Tzu puppy contact me. She said the remaining puppy was the last one from the litter and that she could give a discount. I told my mom and my mom bought her for me. I named her Daisy. View media item 418170View media item 418171

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my she is soo adorable!!! I could kiss her all over.

I am sorry about the other dog but I think Daisy will be

an amazing girl.

Hugs,

Mia

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful!! looks like a stuffed animal in the second picture! so cute!! just want to hug her up!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My doctor gave me a new prescription for arthritis pain yesterday. It's called Diclofenac-Misoprost and it really seems to help. I still have pain in my knees but it does not hurt as bad when I walk. It even seems to help the pain more than the codeine I've been taking. I was planning on sitting home all next week because I ran out of codeine but with this new stuff I hope to get out and run my errands. I have a lot of things to catch up on.

Muffin 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

My doctor gave me a new prescription for arthritis pain yesterday. It's called Diclofenac-Misoprost and it really seems to help. I still have pain in my knees but it does not hurt as bad when I walk. It even seems to help the pain more than the codeine I've been taking. I was planning on sitting home all next week because I ran out of codeine but with this new stuff I hope to get out and run my errands. I have a lot of things to catch up on.

Muffin 
That is WONDERFUL news!  I have just occasional flare-ups in my hips, knees, and ankles, and I can't fathom living with that 24/7.  The ache in my hands is mild, and I can deal with it.  BEST NEWS EVER for you!

Most of you know this already, but the BOOKCASES ARE ASSEMBLED AND FILLED!!!  This room is beginning to look like an office/library/guest room instead of a storage area!  I have desk, file cabinet, daybed and TWO bookcases (four more to come)!  Now, I just need to settle on colors and get to work on the fine-tuning.  I'm thinking peacocks here...teals and purples and bronzey greens.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is WONDERFUL news!  I have just occasional flare-ups in my hips, knees, and ankles, and I can't fathom living with that 24/7.  The ache in my hands is mild, and I can deal with it.  BEST NEWS EVER for you!

Most of you know this already, but the BOOKCASES ARE ASSEMBLED AND FILLED!!!  This room is beginning to look like an office/library/guest room instead of a storage area!  I have desk, file cabinet, daybed and TWO bookcases (four more to come)!  Now, I just need to settle on colors and get to work on the fine-tuning.  I'm thinking peacocks here...teals and purples and bronzey greens.
Thanks, Mamany

I don't have flare-ups, my knees and back hurt whenever I stand or walk. This new stuff does seem to help with the knee pain. I plan on having surgery the end of this year. My sister will retire and I hope she will be able to help me out after I have the surgery. I really need to loose weight before having the operation.

I was looking at your bookcases earlier and they are really nice. I wish I could do something like that.

Muffy

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@Muffy   I'm paying for it today and will be for the next few days.  Just like when I assembled the daybed.  However, I am totally on my own.  Well, Suzanne comes when I have vertigo, but she is only 4'11" and had a stroke, so all she can do is walk behind me with her hands on my shoulders so I stay balanced, and call 911 if I tumble.  She is NOT able to help with projects like the bookcases!

My dear friend Krys, who lives in Pennsylvania called last night.  She has to be in NC for a conference, and is going to come on the 20th of this month and spend a couple of nights with me!  I'm SO excited!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Muffy   I'm paying for it today and will be for the next few days.  Just like when I assembled the daybed.  However, I am totally on my own.  Well, Suzanne comes when I have vertigo, but she is only 4'11" and had a stroke, so all she can do is walk behind me with her hands on my shoulders so I stay balanced, and call 911 if I tumble.  She is NOT able to help with projects like the bookcases!

My dear friend Krys, who lives in Pennsylvania called last night.  She has to be in NC for a conference, and is going to come on the 20th of this month and spend a couple of nights with me!  I'm SO excited!
You are lucky to have such good friends. My best friend lived in Las Vegas but has now passed away. I used to be pretty handy in my youth but I can't do much of anything now. I have to be sure everything is already put together before I buy it.

Muffy 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to always tackle any 'jobs' as far as putting things together; however, I have lost strength in my hands. It is due to Carpal tunnel issues and some mild arthritis, and stuff. I feel helpless.. I never had much strength in my hands, but now it is even worse...

I commend you for tackling such a project. I still have the bookcase I put together, and varnished, during the 1980's...it is a cherry stain.