What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And the good things just keep coming.  One of my neighbors gave me a brass and glass shelving unit today.  It is kinda art deco, and very pretty.  The brass is a bit the worse for wear, but I have put a can of bronze metallic spray paint on my shopping list.  Once it's painted, it will look brand new, and be lovely!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Assembled, made up, and has a pussycat currently snoozing on it.  I have to go find an old sheet to keep thrown over it to keep the new sheets cat hair free.  The skirt I am making from a pair of jeans is ALMOST completed.  I was going to do that today, and the bed tomorrow, but I got all excited and went for it.  WHOO HOO!!!  AND Suzanne just called to tell me that her downstairs neighbor has a shelving unit for me, one of those that looks like a fancy baker's rack.  It will fit beautifully on the small wall in my living room as it leads into the hall!  I'll go get that tomorrow!  I'm SO excited!
Fantastic news, sounds like you hit the jackpot today! 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953, those baker's racks are really nice! Way to go! Enjoy!

We are getting more money back from the IRS than we thought we would. Always good news. It would be nice to just break even, but getting money back is better than paying money in. I always have more money taken out of my check to compensate for Rick's union money. Fortunately, he didn't take a lot of union trips last year, he got a deduction for turning 65, and so we get quite a bit back. Thank goodness. We're putting the money in our retirement account.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton went to the vet today to have a dental check.  She said I need to keep an eye on one of his lower back teeth but for now he does not need it pulled.  I will continue to try brushing his teeth, "try" being the key word as he definitely does not like it.  When the tech put him on the scale to check his weight he climbed right off, knocked over a few instruments and looked at me as if to say, "what do you expect mom?" 
  The vet was impressed with his overall health and commented on his silky, smooth coat. I told her I noticed a big difference ever since I started giving him freeze dried raw food in the evening. So happy Carleton had a good exam!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been having some issues with a few insurance billings and one of them finally got squared away.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been having some issues with a few insurance billings and one of them finally got squared away.
OMG, I can totally relate to insurance issues, don't even get me started. 
  Sometimes it takes numerous phone calls up and back and you have to ask for a supervisor.  I swear they do it on purpose. 
  Glad it finally worked out for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
OMG, I can totally relate to insurance issues, don't even get me started. :nono:   Sometimes it takes numerous phone calls up and back and you have to ask for a supervisor.  I swear they do it on purpose. ;)   Glad it finally worked out for you.
I still have an ongoing one that I'm three calls in. :dk: The first one the told me they had the wrong address in for Blue Cross. WHAT???? :lol3:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I still have an ongoing one that I'm three calls in.
The first one the told me they had the wrong address in for Blue Cross. WHAT????
Unfortunately you have to be on top of them.  I think they count on people giving up and not wanting to be bothered but I'm determined to be a thorn in their side, lol. 
  Good luck and persevere! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Found out my Bose dock is still fixable. I called the Bose number. I can get it fixed!  HOWEVER, they do not have a repair center in this part of the country... darn.. figures!!

I have to pay for shipping, but they will fix it. They did agree that the sound quality is excellent; much better than the newer products.. so I agreed to ship it out. 

They provided the shipping information through UPS. I just have to pack it up and take it to UPS...(I did have to pay for it) but that is all I have to pay for. 

It will take them 3 weeks to fix it. I will find a box somewhere.. perhaps grocery store, get some bubble wrap and send it out.. 

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Found out my Bose dock is still fixable. I called the Bose number. I can get it fixed!  
Yay! 
 So happy you found out they can fix it.  That is something good that happened in the last 24 hours.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ran down my checkbook, and realized that I actually had enough left over to order two inexpensive but pretty bookcases from Walmart, and qualify for free shipping!  They will be here on Saturday!  Two down, four or five to go!  I have LOTS of books, and getting LOTS more!  OH...they are finished in what is called "salted oak."  It has a kind of barnwood look to it.  I like that!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they have all kinds of packing supplies. But you will have to pay for them to do it.
Well, If I have to buy the packing supplies and do it myself, then I may as well have them do it, properly...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It hasn't happened quite yet, but it will be very soon,..My new bookcases are to be delivered today!  I checked the FedEx tracker, and they are scheduled for delivery for sure!  I ordered two of them, so just 5 or 6 to go!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bookcases are HERE!  Now I just have to scurry through the forums and get them assembled!