What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had my annual evaluation at work this afternoon and it was the best evaluation I've ever had! 

silviar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got to play with our soon to be new kitten, Nika, for a few hours at her foster home. She's such a cutie.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I still call my children baby and their middle aged. They don't complain. A fewyyears back I was in the supermarket choosing some tomatoes and singing a Christmas Carol. The woman next to me looked at me and laughed. She said she thought that's what I was singing, with an Australian accent - she had not me. Why did she laugh you may ask, or not, but I'm Jewish and live in Israel and we don't celebrate Christmas but oh how I miss it. I'm from England.
What was the question? Oh I remember. Nice memories? Is that okay?

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So happy i adopted my new kitten. She is a joy, fresh, bratty  yes but i adore her. 

Yes   think it is very alright to sing Christmas songs even if you are Jewish. Enjoy !   Singing always makes me happy. Love my music. BJ especially. 

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yes my cat Sophie i always called her my baby girl. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my daughter's Christmas pictures done today and she actually sat still and let the photographer shoot them. Surprising, she never sits still.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finished Secret Santa shopping!

I got my daughter's Christmas pictures done today and she actually sat still and let the photographer shoot them. Surprising, she never sits still.
Amazing!  We did pictures yesterday and it was a little nuts!  DS is apparently terrified of snowmen!  We removed the frosty prop from the room and he cooperated for a few poses and then he tired to laugh and cry at the same time.  DD had the wiggles.  That photographer deserves a medal!  
  We did get some good shots too though.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh I still call my children baby and their middle aged. They don't complain. A fewyyears back I was in the supermarket choosing some tomatoes and singing a Christmas Carol. The woman next to me looked at me and laughed. She said she thought that's what I was singing, with an Australian accent - she had not me. Why did she laugh you may ask, or not, but I'm Jewish and live in Israel and we don't celebrate Christmas but oh how I miss it. I'm from England.
What was the question? Oh I remember. Nice memories? Is that okay?
Our son just turned 42. He is still known as The Kid. My MIL started calling him that when he was just a wee little guy and the nickname stuck. To this day, she will call me and say, "Well, have you talked to The Kid lately?" 

I still call him Babe. When I call and he says "Hello,"  I'll say, "Hey babe, what's going on?"  One time, I apologized to him for calling him that. He actually said it didn't bother him, that I've called him Babe for so long that he thinks he'd be shocked if I ever called him by his name! Told me not to be bothered at all. 

I'm the singer at work. Some days, I'll just belt out "Deck the Halls" when I'm working in my office. The problem is that I even sing it during the summer. They finally told me that I am not allowed to sing Christmas carols until November 1st. You see, we work in cubes, so there's no ceiling in our offices. Whatever we do, whatever we talk about, whatever we say can be heard by our co-workers. So when I start singing "Deck the Halls" everybody knows it. 

Deck the halls with boughs of holly! Fa la la la la lalala laaaaa!  

(I hope this counts as a positive post!)

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know that one but I can guess the tune. The fa la la la la la la la la gave it away. I call them babygirl and boy but I call the cats the same!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Although it's bitterly cold (we were still at 18 degrees F when I left for work this morning), the sun is shining and it looks beautiful outside.

(I think it's the calm before the storm as we're in for a rough ride weather-wise the next couple of days)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful that me and my family are all healthy and will be present for this Thanksgiving and that my two cat babies are safe and warm.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband's surgery went well and I have him all to myself for a week.  He's been working 10-12 hours days for a year, so I am happy!
I'm so glad his surgery went well!

I'm thankful to have the food to make on Thanksgiving, and that all 3 cats are healthy and happy.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Peaches.  He's doing well - he had bones removed from his wrist.  The doctor said that he will retain mobility and be able to use it normally, so fingers crossed.

Have a Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Thank you Peaches.  He's doing well - he had bones removed from his wrist.  The doctor said that he will retain mobility and be able to use it normally, so fingers crossed.

Have a Happy Turkey Day, everyone!
That's great news.

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Having had 5 surgeries i am happy that all is well with your husband. Happy Thanksgiving ! 

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy to say I have not bitten my nails for 5 days. I'm proud of myself cause when I always bit them I bite to far and then I get my finger all puffed up and sore.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my daughter to her pediatrician appointment today and she weighed 19.5 pounds. She's catching up after being born at 2lbs 2oz. 

We also caught the mouse that's been running around upstairs. I hate mice but we live in an old country house and this is the first one we've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.