What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We haven't gotten ANY kind of rain, freezing or not, in so long I think I've forgotten what it looks like! I'm about at the point where I would welcome ANYTHING! We haven't had any snow to speak of either, I need to do a snow dance or something, I haven't had any 'snow days' from school yet either.(where I work) COME ON SNOW! Please don't shoot the messenger, but it's really getting desperate here, and what's strange is that the eastern part of the state was normal. I guess the POSITIVE thing for today is the forecast for 40's and 50's all week!
We had a few unexpected inches of snow this morning that I could send you. :lol3:

I have another positive thing to add. My eye test came back normal. :)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally have a way to pay for this semester of school. I'm so relieved.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was able to fit a walk in this morning. :)

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a job that allows me to take paid sick time which I'm using today. My boyfriend made me coffee and brought it to bed today.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The passport card I applied for nearly 8 weeks ago finally got here. Now I've got some ID other than my passport (a driver's license isn't a valid ID here).

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The snow is melting. 
 Our yard is a big slushy mess as a result, but I'm glad it's warmer than last week.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a job that allows me to take paid sick time which I'm using today. My boyfriend made me coffee and brought it to bed today.
  I'm sorry ,but this is what he should be doing when you are working! Maybe not bring to bed, but atleast make the coffee! If your ill and taking a sick day from work, you should be getting every possible thing you need served to you all day! If your taking a sick day but not sick, you should be getting more then coffee in bed!

I worked today, just getting back to work after a long recovery from surgery. Also had an awesome dinner after work with one of my best friends, delicious dinner!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to see family members I've not seen in two years today!  Fun times catching up!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  I'm sorry ,but this is what he should be doing when you are working! Maybe not bring to bed, but atleast make the coffee! If your ill and taking a sick day from work, you should be getting every possible thing you need served to you all day! If your taking a sick day but not sick, you should be getting more then coffee in bed!
We work opposite schedules (he leaves the house at 6am, I get home from work at 1am) so if he made the coffee it'd be stale long before I could drink it! I also don't usually drink coffee but I wanted something warm for my throat. Not sure about your tone so I can't tell if you're joking or not, lol. My boyfriend is very selfless and does many, many things to make me happy and take care of me. I just happened to be grateful for that particular thing when I wrote the post. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I worked on my GFs computer last night and everything went exactly as it should. The new internet security software did what it was supposed to do without any hassle for me (Kaspersky can be a real pain in the neck for me sometimes). Updating went well. Life was good. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I went out shopping and for drinks with a friend yesterday. :)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter is sitting really good in her new booster seat and eating proper meals. She decided she does not like the high chair (all food went right on the floor) so we bought her a booster so she can sit at the table with us.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I worked on my GFs computer last night and everything went exactly as it should. The new internet security software did what it was supposed to do without any hassle for me (Kaspersky can be a real pain in the neck for me sometimes). Updating went well. Life was good. 
I forgot to mention that when I worked on Rick's computer, everything went well there, too. I had some minor issues with Kaspersky (I usually do), but overall it was a smooth install. Got caught up on the Windows updates, did the defrag, and all that good stuff. And Rick's happy because his computer is OK once again.

I told them both that I'm going to start charging for my services! 

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a phone call for a job interview. I've been job searching since September and haven't even had 1 interview yet. This job sounds great so I am really hoping I get it.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I got a phone call for a job interview. I've been job searching since September and haven't even had 1 interview yet. This job sounds great so I am really hoping I get it.
Good luck! 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby's stool sample came out clean. :)

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My tooth pain from pneumonia is reducing thanks to pain killers and antibiotics.

Other than that, my new primary care and I finally figured out why I have been sick so often the past year. On a strict medical plan now.

That said, my top back teeth still hurt from the sinus pressure so I made a green tea, mango, goat yogurt, berry smoothie with chia seeds and a shot of apple cider vinegar. It was super good!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
No cavities at the dentist! :woo:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a really nice lunch out with friends yesterday. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got a lot of necessary errands done yesterday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.