What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My daughter has Spectrum too and hates it for all those reasons. She's in Raleigh.
She and I are practically neighbors!

That sounds so much like the Optus vs Telstra situation my friend mentioned! Do you know who your neighbour’s provider is? Are you stuck in a contract with Spectrum or can you dump them?
No, I can dump them, but there's no one any better in this area, and ALL are using Spectrum's lines, so I don't trust that at all. Ah, well, will be moving in a couple of years, and will just deal with it. Oddly, my neighbor's provider is also Spectrum! I'm beginning to wonder if one of my other neighbors has crawled into the attic and jumped service off of my line. It happened, on the OUTSIDE of the building, once before.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm beginning to wonder if one of my other neighbors has crawled into the attic and jumped service off of my line. It happened, on the OUTSIDE of the building, once before.
You should be able to go into your online account and see what devices are connected. From there you can delete any profiles or devices that you don't recognize.
I don't have Spectrum but most ISP's are that way.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So we lugged an old can of paint to Lowes today to match the color of the livingroom. They don’t carry what they had +10 years ago but I found a thing online to help figure out something similar in stores now. It took a few minutes looking through paint chips but I found some complimentary colors for the foyer.

And then when we got home it wasn’t quite right. Its definitely too warm of a tan color. I sat down to eat and fiddled around here and it just dawned on me. That can was from DS’s bedroom. :lol: Oops!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We hadn't had rain in 3 weeks, and the news said the farmers are a few days away from flat out panicking. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow/tomorrow night, and into Monday, and then again on Tuesday (showers.) I hope so, we need it. The grass is looking very straw like. :sigh:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She and I are practically neighbors!

No, I can dump them, but there's no one any better in this area, and ALL are using Spectrum's lines, so I don't trust that at all. Ah, well, will be moving in a couple of years, and will just deal with it. Oddly, my neighbor's provider is also Spectrum! I'm beginning to wonder if one of my other neighbors has crawled into the attic and jumped service off of my line. It happened, on the OUTSIDE of the building, once before.
That is weird about them both being Spectrum!

So much like here with all the smaller providers just being middlemen, only Telstra, Optus and Vodafone have towers and everyone uses their networks.

I was looking at a cell tower map last night and there are several Optus and Telstra towers within 1.5km of me, and quite close to each other - yet the Optus signal is great and the Telstra one rubbish on its good days. Go figure!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I was brave or stupid this morning but I saved a kitten from being taken by a fox. Happened to look out my bedroom window and saw a fox had one of the feral kittens cornered in our yard. It's fenced and there is a gate where we can get to the woods. The fox had the gate blocked from escape.

I didn't want to watch this fox grab the kitten so I ran outside to the opposite side of the yard hoping the fox would see me before the kitten did. I didn't want the kitten to take off before the fox because he would have to run towards the fox. Luckily what I wanted happened. Not sure if the fox saw or heard me in the yard but he took off running into the woods.

The kitten stood there for a second and slowly walked away in a different direction into the woods. Looked like he was thinking, "Man, that was a close one."

After I got back inside, it hit me that I had no plan on what to do had the fox come after me instead. Glad it worked out the way it did.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very annoyed at a certain person that was supposed to help us move . he has pulled the same crap twice now . didnt let us know why he couldnt come or bother to show up either .... why do people do that ?
People are lazy and will tell you what you want to hear. You can't count on them in a pinch.
Which is why I only have very few actual friends. Unfortunately, you may have to hire someone.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night my son dawdled so much getting ready for bed that he fell asleep on the bathroom floor until I unlocked the door and let myself in. He was SO confused with drool all down his face. Teeth still unbrushed…. :sigh: Sometimes its like he purposely doesn’t want to do something because he was told to. Life doesn’t work that way kid! Better learn it now!:cringe: Although he did learn the hard way a couple weeks ago what happens when you push someone’s nerves too far.:rolleyes2: Not advocating violence at all; but he was just as much at fault. Both boys got in trouble.:rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is my mom's birthday and I was stupid when J asked for yogurt earlier and didn't take M off the floor and J clawed her in the face so hard she bled and it took forever to calm her down. I'm so mad at both J and myself.

I'm such a terrible mother. :sniffle:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is my mom's birthday and I was stupid when J asked for yogurt earlier and didn't take M off the floor and J clawed her in the face so hard she bled and it took forever to calm her down. I'm so mad at both J and myself.

No, you aren’t. Just a mom with two young kinds and only one set of eyes and arms. M won’t remember it.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying not to fret that Boris Diamond hasn’t chimed in in awhile. I’m sure he’s off enjoying the Riviera or something. I have to remember that it‘s the nature of this site that people come and go—-well, like cats!

Last edited:

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First day of my summer job went great.The shop owners were glad I did not park in front of the doors unless it is is something heavy.Boss was glad to hear I am polite and I put the receipts down the right way.Plus one mechanic at one shop said he has a 14 year old daughter with Pituritary Dwarfism and I met her.She was there to visit and was glad she is not alone.Found out she will be a freshman next school year and I will be her principal.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Nope. Moms are not responsible for everything kids do even at young ages. You do the best you can but you are human. You are teaching J to be gentle even if she doesn’t get it immediately. Thats part of her growing mind too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You should be able to go into your online account and see what devices are connected. From there you can delete any profiles or devices that you don't recognize.
I don't have Spectrum but most ISP's are that way.
I'll check on that! Although, they (Spectrum) didn't find out about the former neighbors jumping my line until they physically looked at the junction box.

That is weird about them both being Spectrum!
Well, it's an apartment complex, and there's just Specturm and CenturyLink here, so the chances of using Spectrum are HIGH. The odd thing is that her service is not having issues at all now, but mine, in the same building, IS.

Nope. Not a terrible mother. Just a very busy and human one. And if this is the WORST thing you do between now and "grown and gone," you'll be a STELLAR mother!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's an apartment complex, and there's just Specturm and CenturyLink here, so the chances of using Spectrum are HIGH. The odd thing is that her service is not having issues at all now, but mine, in the same building, IS.
That’s what I meant about the weirdness - that hers has no issues and yours has.

Status
Not open for further replies.