What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When I don't recognize a number I answer however don't say anything, it totally confuses the robot callers and they hang up.
I usually don't answer the phone unless I know the number or company. I did once. The person asked to speak with Missey which is how my last name is said! The lady started talking like we were best friends

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to get telemarketers calling and speaking in Spanish when I lived at home because of my stepdad’s last name. My Spanish is limited to no habla espanol and uno dos tres. Oh and titi, abuela/abuelo…maybe some foods. that’s it. :lol: Of course that was in the dark ages before caller id was around or still new.

I got DS out of an uncomfortable situation tonight by texting my mom and asking her to call and ask to talk to him. She didn’t see it right away but once she did we were able to excuse ourselves. I thanked her afterwards and that’s when I discovered I’ve really failed to train him in phone etiquette. Oops! Its not like when i was growing up and learned by our home phone ringing!:doh:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got DS out of an uncomfortable situation tonight by texting my mom and asking her to call and ask to talk to him. She didn’t see it right away but once she did we were able to excuse ourselves. I thanked her afterwards and that’s when I discovered I’ve really failed to train him in phone etiquette. Oops! Its not like when i was growing up and learned by our home phone ringing!:doh:
I hope you didn't do that for a telemarketer or scammer. Although they are a blast to mess with, if you don't want to deal with them, don't be nice. Just say "don't call again" and hang up.
If it was family or friend, then your DS needs to learn to just not talk if he doesn't want to. Nothing irritates me more than someone who makes excuses instead of simply telling the truth. All my friends know that I don't always want to talk and I'll usually say "Got nothing to say and don't feel like talking now, maybe later", then I hang up. They know me and we're all still friends.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Loving the way my two are soaking up their new electric blankets. I bought one for Sundar for his arthritis, but Nilah appropriated it and wouldn't share. :( So I had to get another. They're electric.. they get very toasty.. but only work when they lie on them.
electric blankets.jpg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it was family or friend, then your DS needs to learn to just not talk if he doesn't want to. Nothing irritates me more than someone who makes excuses instead of simply telling the truth. All my friends know that I don't always want to talk and I'll usually say "Got nothing to say and don't feel like talking now, maybe later", then I hang up. They know me and we're all still friends.
Gosh I wish it was that simple at this point. Eventually he will be able to do that; but he’s still young enough that I’m his safety net dealing with this person (who isn’t going to change at their age). If it had been something directed at DS I would have made excuses and left altogether. Unfortunately we were all kind of “stuck” listening. Id tuned them out until DS piped up and asked what a word he didn’t know meant. Thankfully it’s usually just a once a year visit. And they immediately realized their error and looked to me to answer. :rolleyes2: I like that my kids don’t expect to bring tablets and things everywhere; but at that moment I was wishing for his with the headphones!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
today is my grandparents wedding anniversary .... i miss them so bad , they were the ones that raised me and taught me everything i know ( how to treat others and be respectful)
~ Your Grandparents are proud of you. We here at The Cat Site are all glad to know you . 😉👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
today is my grandparents wedding anniversary .... i miss them so bad , they were the ones that raised me and taught me everything i know ( how to treat others and be respectful)
I know that they are so proud of the woman you have become. Kind, giving, and a SURVIVOR!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
pretty disappointed on my weigh in today at kidney doc i weighed only 138. i was hoping to reach 140 by now after all the working out and eating i have been doing since i got back home
I’ll send you some…um…cushion. I’ve got spare. :rolleyes2: I told them I didn’t want to know my weight at my last visit. I can tell how I’m doing by how my clothes fit and how I feel. I don’t need my BMI printed in size 20 font next to my blood pressure and other stats on my checkout handout.:rolleyes3:

Status
Not open for further replies.