What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to order my mom’s groceries for delivery and I always chose “no substitutions” because of the weird stuff they would give her. It does mean you may have to pick up a few things yourself but better that letting them select what to substitute.
They do let you choose what you want as a substitute for most things now or you can let them decide. Its also gotten much easier to reject substitutions ahead of time. At least Walmart pickup anyway. I was going to use the delivery option the first week of school because we were so busy but I couldn’t justify the extra expense to myself. Sometimes it still sounds wonderful. :rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do let you choose what you want as a substitute for most things now or you can let them decide. Its also gotten much easier to reject substitutions ahead of time. At least Walmart pickup anyway. I was going to use the delivery option the first week of school because we were so busy but I couldn’t justify the extra expense to myself. Sometimes it still sounds wonderful. :rolleyes2:
They do le me choose substitutions. I was just tired and only chose for a couple of things. My bad.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't been on for awhile so I thought I'd say HI everyone.
Been a little busy, but I'll fill you in. My son graduated with his AS in December and is going to NAU for his BS in fall. He decided not to go for Psychology (after working in the Psych hospital for two years) he prefers animals. So he had changed his major to Zoology specializing in conservation/preservation.
I haven't been doing a whole lot. Just taking care of my elderly mom, my cats and trying to find my son a lawyer.
I'll explain, if you care (if not, oh well it's here anyway). In Jan, he and his fiance signed a lease for an apartment. They signed early because in a college town, apartments go fast...really fast. However, in the meantime, they bought a nice little 3 bed, 2 bath house about an hour away in the neighboring town. But the apartment complex won't let them out of the lease. OK, I know, they signed a binding contract, however, they can't take possession until mid Aug, no money has been exchanged, they don't even have a unit number. The apartment says they have to pay off the entire lease if they want to cancel. All lawyers I have talked to said this is extortion, but it's not their field. Up on this mountain there are plenty of lawyers that take care of things like "I was only 5 times over the legal limit, why was I arrested" and "Help me get the charges dropped, it was only an 8 ball of meth". Things like that. Trying to find a decent landlord/tenant lawyer.

So that's it for me. I'll try to keep more active.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They do le me choose substitutions. I was just tired and only chose for a couple of things. My bad.
The Walmart app used to crash on me every first time I opened the substitution page. Thankfully that bug seems to be gone! There are no truly “quick” stops with big stores like that! I just go to a regular grocery store instead!

I joke with my kids about looking forward to when they can go pick it up for me. Then I think how spoiled we are with this stuff! :lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joke with my kids about looking forward to when they can go pick it up for me. Then I think how spoiled we are with this stuff!
Yea, I have to get my oil changed today and while I'm in town I might as well go to Walmart and pick up a few things. Hate going to town
I always check my engine before I drive it to check for mouse/rat damage and three days ago when I checked it there was no mice but there was a well fed snake in the engine. Now I'm slightly paranoid to drive it. I can just see me driving down the highway and a snake drops in from the firewall and climbs in my lap. Not afraid of snakes, but that would freak me out.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea, I have to get my oil changed today and while I'm in town I might as well go to Walmart and pick up a few things. Hate going to town
I always check my engine before I drive it to check for mouse/rat damage and three days ago when I checked it there was no mice but there was a well fed snake in the engine. Now I'm slightly paranoid to drive it. I can just see me driving down the highway and a snake drops in from the firewall and climbs in my lap. Not afraid of snakes, but that would freak me out.
Strange to think we’ve created mini pantries for snakes by having cars. Hoping for your sake it was a gopher snake.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange to think we’ve created mini pantries for snakes by having cars. Hoping for your sake it was a gopher snake.
It was. I like to keep them around for pest control reasons. This one was only about 18" long, but I do have one that's 5' living in the carport. I don't mind them eating, but could they just eat and leave. Use my car as takeout.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TIL that Steve Jobs had a button phobia, which is why he always wore turtlenecks. He also didn't like them on computers, which likely had an effect on how technology progressed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About four years ago, I had 27" whacked off all at one go. I was amazed at how much better my head and neck felt! I'll never let it grow like that again!
The longest ponytail I ever donated was about 14”. It’s too hard to grow my hair that long again. But its also harder to donate hair these days with programs either closing or wanting more over a foot minimum.

DD is getting a big chop in a few weeks since I finally scheduled that yesterday (thanks for the reminder with this discussion). She may have enough cut off. I usually see the owner of the salon but she’s out having surgery. She supports the breast cancer foundation pretty prominently (makes me assume she or someone close had it) and just loves doing the donation cuts for me. Another stylist will be doing DD’s hair but I’ll leave it up to her if she wants to do enough to donate. If we can find a place taking it too.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention when I said hi - and I don't know how I forgot to mention. This is a biggie for those who know me or remember me on here.
My son took me to see MUSE in concert in April. Not only did I get to see the best live show ever put on by a group (not just my opinion, they have won awards for this), but, I got to physically look at Matt Bellamy and hear his beautiful, almost angelic, voice in person.
I can die happy now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Speaking of angelic voices, is anyone on Instagram? I suggest that you search veryveryvinnie, and give him a listen. I'd love to have him sing me out of this world and into the next one. He has an amazing voice.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention when I said hi - and I don't know how I forgot to mention. This is a biggie for those who know me or remember me on here.
My son took me to see MUSE in concert in April. Not only did I get to see the best live show ever put on by a group (not just my opinion, they have won awards for this), but, I got to physically look at Matt Bellamy and hear his beautiful, almost angelic, voice in person.
I can die happy now.
So glad you got to see them!!!!💖

Status
Not open for further replies.