What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My back has been killing me and I think it's time for new shoes. I do not enjoy shoe shopping at all!
Also I've been wondering if any members have seen the Northern Lights? They said they've been traveling more south recently. I haven't seen them, which bums me out. :(

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My back has been killing me and I think it's time for new shoes. I do not enjoy shoe shopping at all!
Also I've been wondering if any members have seen the Northern Lights? They said they've been traveling more south recently. I haven't seen them, which bums me out. :(
You could see them in Minnesota last week and I missed them, darn it. About ten years ago my aunt travel to northern Canada to see them and brought back the most amazing and beautiful pictures.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m not far enough north to see them but I’ve found a couple talented photographers to follow online and they’ve posted beautiful pictures. Maybe someday I’ll get my chance.

What I really want to see is a good (but not damaging!) meteor fireball. The kind that make you go:eek: but don’t actually damage things like some have. Those are cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was just reading about the opening of a 100 year old time capsule. They put kinda boring stuff inside. It got me to thinking: what would a CAT put in there?
Hek would put in a well-worn bundle of Da Bird feathers.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could see them in Minnesota last week and I missed them, darn it. About ten years ago my aunt travel to northern Canada to see them and brought back the most amazing and beautiful pictures.
I look at pictures of them taken in the northern part of Canada and wonder how it would be to see it so often you don't even notice it anymore!

I was just reading about the opening of a 100 year old time capsule. They put kinda boring stuff inside. It got me to thinking: what would a CAT put in there?
Mine would put a note in that says "If you want 100 year old artifacts, get a job and buy them yourself." :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
563D25CD-02FA-4EDC-AC70-4273217ABAE9.jpeg
I’ve been noodling through the old photo albums. Mom always said she had 2 kitties as a child, one called Excelsior, for the stuffing inside the box, and the other Xerxes. Am now pondering whether that box says “Xerxes“ but can’t quite tell.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I‘ve spent the morning setting up my new iPhone. The old 8 is on its last legs, I think, and anyway they won’t be updating it much longer. Getting updates is a pain, because I don’t have home internet, only the personal hotspot and guess what the updates don’t work with that. Had to use the village wifi recently and it took SIX HOURS to get all the iPad updates done, because the signal is so bad here. I don’t know who the village uses, Telstra or Optus are most likely and they’re both dire. So it’s back to a refurbished XR. I preferred the X, only got the 8 because Telstra claimed it was better at picking up their signal in the back of beyond. Which it wasn’t.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I‘ve spent the morning setting up my new iPhone. The old 8 is on its last legs, I think, and anyway they won’t be updating it much longer. Getting updates is a pain, because I don’t have home internet, only the personal hotspot and guess what the updates don’t work with that. Had to use the village wifi recently and it took SIX HOURS to get all the iPad updates done, because the signal is so bad here. I don’t know who the village uses, Telstra or Optus are most likely and they’re both dire. So it’s back to a refurbished XR. I preferred the X, only got the 8 because Telstra claimed it was better at picking up their signal in the back of beyond. Which it wasn’t.
I hear you. I get intermittent visits from Internet Man here, who informs me that if that “tree gets any bigger I won’t have any service left!“ Maybe that’s a good thing.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The winter that just keeps giving. Sometime during the night the sump pump died and most of basement has at least an inch of water. vacuuming, sweeping the water to drains until the repair person shows up. Having a basically unfinished basement is a blessing in this case, I had moved everything up last week “just in case” so no real damage, just a lot of work to clean up and an unexpected expense.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i need a doctor to fix this damn cough i have had for 4 months and he's booked all week ... i need to find another place to go get some help
Do Halls cough drops help your cough? I hope you feel better. If you like hot tea, that with a bit of honey can be very soothing.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sump pump repairman came in early afternoon and replaced my pump. I spent maybe four hours sweeping and vacuuming up water. Three changes of wet pants, six changes of wet socks and the floor is down to little puddles that I am hoping will dry out with the fan I set up.
What a mess. I'm glad they at least got the pump replaced for you so hopefully it won't happen again.
I almost feel guilty posting this now but I worked outside for an hour or so and got some of the flower beds and the garden weeded out. Everything is an absolute mess because, with everything going on with Tag last summer/fall, absolutely nothing got done or cleaned up for the winter so I've got my work cut out for me. The cats hung out in their catio and watched me get muddy and stuck with old thistles! Livie ran all over the yard and got put back inside when she became fixated on eating rabbit poop. :barfgreen:

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finding out about a pagent for transgender teens,my son is going to enter it as his female side Nicole.A good friend of mine is part of it,she is transgender herself which she is a post op male to female.I supported her through her journey.She knew it would be good for him being a crossdresser.I am for this

Status
Not open for further replies.