What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it customary to give boys flowers or some after they are in a play? I know I did for plays and recitals. My godson is in his school play soon. He is 12 and stepping out with this so I don’t want to make him uncomfortable but I also want him to feel special because we are proud of him. I should look for a beef jerky bouquet like they had around Valentine’s Day or something. :lol:
Some people just let a tiny bit of power go to their heads.
Yes! I’ve seen it with people promoted to management positions who really aren’t called to that. Good leaders don’t micromanage. Honestly the group for Christian Homeschoolers is more laid back and people don’t care if you recommend something secular at all. But then a Christian Book Review group can be over the top at times. It still helps me weed things out. And generally they are better at letting people say they are ok with things that others say no to. And that’s what I prefer honestly. Sure it’s annoying with some people but they are entitled to their opinions. And so am I. Some people question why a bit aggressively but at least they allow discussion that remains on the passionate side. I guess sometimes you just have to find the group that fits for you.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia and MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles and Lari Lari
this person is just a member and not a mod of the group. I am good friends with the lady that owns the group. i am just going to let the mod handle her cause im not even tempered enough to do it and i have blocked the lady in hopes that it will help

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My son shown himself as his female side Nicole to his bio dad and went good.I was glad what his dad said too,said he has a beautiful part time daughter and called him Nicole

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was in a couple groups about dairy free breastfeeding and one was just so strict that if you questioned anything they said, you were banned.
I'm not a mother, but I've noticed anything to do with feeding and caring for small children really brings out the belligerent side of people. My mum has been a vegetarian since the mid 1960s, so all three of her kids were vegetarian too. She used to get people telling her she was killing her babies and that we were all going to grow up deformed and malnourished.

Actually all three of us are fine, perfectly healthy and with university degrees, so the vegetarian diet doesn't seem to have done us any harm at all.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in a couple groups about dairy free breastfeeding and one was just so strict that if you questioned anything they said, you were banned. In fact, I didn't even question anything or really post, they just noticed I was in another group that had differing opinions (both had good info about safe foods and chain restaurants) and they banned me. :dunno: which was a shame because I was still using their resources.

Some people just let a tiny bit of power go to their heads.
I tried to join a web based group about Small Cell Lymphoma, after getting Geoffrey's diagnosis. I found the group's leader to be very opinionated, unbending, and acting as if she were a Vet / doctor. She was rigid in her requirements, just to join the group. All I wanted was information, support; but she wanted to diagnose and treat my cat.. no way. I have my own Vets, whom I trust. She even went so far, to tell me to print up certain articles, hand them to my vet, for specific treatment.. Because she felt my IM Vet was not handing Geoffrey the 'Correct" way..

Once I had access to the group, and found out how she was running it, I decided it was not for me. Dictatorship.
I was asked to leave, because I never adequately / correctly filled out the 'official' initial requirements. I said, Good Riddance.
Not good for a supposedly 'Support" Group.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I had access to the group, and found out how she was running it, I decided it was not for me. Dictatorship.
I was asked to leave, because I never adequately / correctly filled out the 'official' initial requirements. I said, Good Riddance.
Not good for a supposedly 'Support" Group.
images (1).jpeg

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Being proud of my son last night at the lgbt event we went to.Came walking in as his female side Nicole welcomed in right away.Everyone said Nicole looked goon the the black dress and strappy heels she wore

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD surprise today! My maintenance is back from sick leave! I've been trying to get this issue with the saturated, molding bathroom vanity taken care of for SIX WEEKS! Between the idiot landlady, and the stand-in for Hank, I was getting nowhere fast. Hank knocked on my door this morning. He looked at the vanity, said, "Yep, it has to be replaced. No, that is not black mold, it is mildew" (and explained the difference, and how he knew). Then he cleaned it well, and sprayed it with Kilz. He will go on Monday to get large supply items, like my new vanity, and will come replace it first thing Tuesday of next week. He says I'll love the new ones...much prettier and more usable (storage) than the one that I have.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been around in a while as covis, cats and work took over pretty much everything so there was little time for much else.

I missed you all a lot though.

Mia's at the vet today with an issue so I'm worried and waiting. (Not pooping or peeing and what little comes out is bloody.) She's still really fat all all attempts at weight loss fail. Diabetes was checked, thyroid etc. She's low calories and still manages to gain weight. Everyone is at a loss.

Looking forward to spring. Even though this winter hasn't been terrible - I've had enough of it. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.