What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you aren’t taking Magnesium you should give it a try. I need at least 200 mg of Magnesium a day or I will wake up every hour all night.
Very true, I should be! Do you take magnesium citrate or one of the other types, there seems to be a few differences.

I tried the tart cherry juice for sleep and while it worked; I had some bizarre dreams. Not actual nightmares just really bizarre.
I'd try it just for the bizarre dreams! I love weird, bizarre dreams that make me wake up going "What the heck was that?!"

~ L- theanine does the same with many who try it. Nightmares ... 😳❗
Yikes, no thanks! :( I can do without those. Spooky weird dreams are fine, but actual nightmares, yuck. Flying an old fashioned plane with Smokey Bear as my co-pilot while playing the trumpet is much more up my alley, at least I wake up laughing. :lol:
Melatonin is hit or miss with me. Sometimes it really helps and other times it does nothing. And once in awhile I'll doze off and have the most wonderful uninterrupted 9 hours and wake up feeling like Superwoman. It just doesn't happen often enough.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH said he used the invisible coffee mug to make his coffee this morning. It didn't work well. :disappointed::flail:

I got up early today looking for water and he was sitting at the table looking sheepish and everything from the drawer under where we keep the coffee maker was sitting on the stove. :rolleyes2: I told him don't worry; I put my mug under there upside down once! :lol:

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I looked in the refrigerator of the staff room,no Frank's Red Hot and I love that stuff including a couple staff members.It was a student that got in and took it.Got it back,he got suspended for it.Like that old lady in the older commercials,I put that bleep on everything.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The satisfaction of finally getting a good dish rack - my draining board is tiny and the only one I could find that fit was awful, hard to clean and didn’t hold crockery securely. But at last found a much better one yesterday at Bunnings, and had a gift card to use!

Oh, and wondering how much I’ll have to cough up for getting my car serviced today, lol.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia it was on facebook in a pen pal group for ladies only . some old lady was telling me that i should post my intro post cause at the time i wasnt looking for new pen pals and she got pissed at me for no reason at all

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My son has even more respect for girls now,learned their life is not easy.Plus his dad came over and they talked.Came out to his dad too,told him he is a crossdresser.Dad told him he loves him no matter what and wants to meet his part time daughter.Will be tommorrow night,before him,my girlfriend and I leave for a LGBT event.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia it was on facebook in a pen pal group for ladies only . some old lady was telling me that i should post my intro post cause at the time i wasnt looking for new pen pals and she got pissed at me for no reason at all
Strider, you do such good work from what I can tell here and also w/ veterans, who really do appreciate honest mail, SNAIL mail. Ride past this snark. I don’t Facebook, so don’t know, but think it lacks the depth of a true letter, written in a real hand by someone who cares enough to put actual ink to paper. There is something to be said for finding a gem in your mailbox, versus anything that could be tapped out in a matter of minutes. Keep your head up. YOU know what matters. My guess is the person who wrote this insensitive remark is either insecure or needs therapy…ride the wave and let go of the dross.

Last edited:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I think this statement is accurate :
" Social media brings out the worst in people, and the worse people are on social media. "
icon_pc.gif

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I guess she showed she’s not someone you want as a penpal! There are a couple groups I’m in because the information is good sometimes; but the people who moderate the groups are just too much. One is a local homeschool group and you might answer someone’s question by saying what books you use and they come back and jump on everyone for not specifying if its secular or religious. People often cross post between two very similarly named local groups; so I might not notice its in that particular group that I’m responding. I’m not the only one whose gotten jumped on for that. It does seem like they single out stuff they know is either religious or owned by someone who is. I called something neutral once and they didn’t like that. I’ve used the program for years and the company answer is that while the owner/teacher is a Christian; the content has no religious teaching. (It’s writing/grammar and literature.) Some families want no religion. Some are careful about secular topics. So neutral is a valid answer. But basically I don’t post there often because its just not a kind environment. But I haven’t left because I can still search there for answers.

It reminds me of a mini HOA. Play by our arbitrary rules or else!:angrywoman:;):rolleyes3::lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess she showed she’s not someone you want as a penpal! There are a couple groups I’m in because the information is good sometimes; but the people who moderate the groups are just too much. One is a local homeschool group and you might answer someone’s question by saying what books you use and they come back and jump on everyone for not specifying if its secular or religious. People often cross post between two very similarly named local groups; so I might not notice its in that particular group that I’m responding. I’m not the only one whose gotten jumped on for that. It does seem like they single out stuff they know is either religious or owned by someone who is. I called something neutral once and they didn’t like that. I’ve used the program for years and the company answer is that while the owner/teacher is a Christian; the content has no religious teaching. (It’s writing/grammar and literature.) Some families want no religion. Some are careful about secular topics. So neutral is a valid answer. But basically I don’t post there often because its just not a kind environment. But I haven’t left because I can still search there for answers.

It reminds me of a mini HOA. Play by our arbitrary rules or else!:angrywoman:;):rolleyes3::lol:
I was in a couple groups about dairy free breastfeeding and one was just so strict that if you questioned anything they said, you were banned. In fact, I didn't even question anything or really post, they just noticed I was in another group that had differing opinions (both had good info about safe foods and chain restaurants) and they banned me. :dunno: which was a shame because I was still using their resources.

Some people just let a tiny bit of power go to their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.