What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a morning. I went to Menards to pick up a few things and paid, or tried to pay with a Menards gift card. I had purchased the card intending it as a Christmas gift and thankfully decided on something else and kept the card. When I went to use it, there was no record of it being activated. Waited in line at customer service, but there was nothing they could do without a receipt. Waited in line at the receipt look up kiosk and then back waiting for customer service again. Spent at least half an hour more with the clerk trying to figure out how to correct the problem, then even longer for a manager. They finally had to call a Corporate help line to walk them thru giving me a new card.

Turned out two cards must have been stuck together. I got the I scanned one and the good card was turned in as “lost”. While it took at least an hour, I did end up with a good gift card.
What a hassle! I’m they at least saw it was a problem and took the time to fix it, rather than giving you the brush-off.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing but the minor irritation of neighbours who use two out of the three tumble dryers to do one sheet in each, when other people (me, in this case) have a full load in the washing machine and are left with no dryer to use. (Yes, I moved their sheets into one machine. They never take the hint.)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did say, nicely of course, that I was certain this could get fixed, even if it took the store manager to do it.
Good for you. I always prefer polite but firm and letting them know I'm not blaming them for the issue and hopefully not having to remind them it is their job to fix it! :agree:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing but the minor irritation of neighbours who use two out of the three tumble dryers to do one sheet in each, when other people (me, in this case) have a full load in the washing machine and are left with no dryer to use. (Yes, I moved their sheets into one machine. They never take the hint.)
Shared laundries are a big pain. My first apartment, in a building with about 20 apartments, was on the basement level with the laundry just down the hall. I did a load of laundry one day that included my wildly colorful and flowery 70’s sheets and when I came to take the laundry out of the dryer the sheets were gone. Every time I heard the dryer running after that I would run down the hall to see if my sheets were there. Took six months but I finally found them in with some man’s laundry. I took them back and then threw them away of course but with a smile on my face.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ugh, how rude. What the H are they thinking?
I would probably find a way to time it that I was in the laundry with all 3 dryers running and tell them sorry, they'll have to wait, and then make a big show of removing one single sock from each dryer or something. :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shared laundries are a big pain. My first apartment, in a building with about 20 apartments, was on the basement level with the laundry just down the hall. I did a load of laundry one day that included my wildly colorful and flowery 70’s sheets and when I came to take the laundry out of the dryer the sheets were gone. Every time I heard the dryer running after that I would run down the hall to see if my sheets were there. Took six months but I finally found them in with some man’s laundry. I took them back and then threw them away of course but with a smile on my face.
Good lord, an actual thief???

I don’t mind the shared laundry in general, just the (deliberate?) incompetence of some of the users. Like the man whose sheets were there this morning, who gets his crippled-with-arthritis wife to do the laundry because he “doesn’t know” how to empty the dryer filter, or the various people who don’t press the start button after they’ve opened the door (thus stopping the machine) on someone else’s washing. I went back to get my load before and found instead of being dry, it had been sitting wet for an hour because someone had done that.

It’s worth it to cut down my electricity bill, but these incidents are annoying.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that’s strange, I did a title search for this thread and no results came up!

Well, something funny and thank-goodness-I-caught-him just happened. I’ve been waiting for a bag of Pro Plan Weight Loss food for Daisy. Didn’t know when to expect it because the courier company has staff shortages in my region. Knock on the front door, not expecting anyone, think “Great, that must be Daisy’s food!” Open the door and there’s a box, about the size I’d expect … but with someone else’s name and address (not even someone else in the village, someone in a street I’ve never heard of). Grab the box, hurry after the courier yelling “Wait! Wait! This isn’t mine!” Thank goodness he’d only just started backing his van! I asked if he was with [courier company] and he said yes, affiliated. Aha! Told him I‘m expecting a delivery from [company], he looked in his van and yep, there was Daisy’s food. He said the barcode told him this was the other address, and Google maps didn’t help (behold my shocked face, lol). So all good, hopefully the other person has their delivery by now, and I have Daisy’s food at last.

Now I can go back to wondering if she’ll accept it! I’m going to try the method Purina suggest, of putting a little beside her regular food and just leaving it until she decides she’ll try it. It’s tuna, which she likes well enough in wet form, but she’s used to chicken for her dry.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that’s strange, I did a title search for this thread and no results came up!

Well, something funny and thank-goodness-I-caught-him just happened. I’ve been waiting for a bag of Pro Plan Weight Loss food for Daisy. Didn’t know when to expect it because the courier company has staff shortages in my region. Knock on the front door, not expecting anyone, think “Great, that must be Daisy’s food!” Open the door and there’s a box, about the size I’d expect … but with someone else’s name and address (not even someone else in the village, someone in a street I’ve never heard of). Grab the box, hurry after the courier yelling “Wait! Wait! This isn’t mine!” Thank goodness he’d only just started backing his van! I asked if he was with [courier company] and he said yes, affiliated. Aha! Told him I‘m expecting a delivery from [company], he looked in his van and yep, there was Daisy’s food. He said the barcode told him this was the other address, and Google maps didn’t help (behold my shocked face, lol). So all good, hopefully the other person has their delivery by now, and I have Daisy’s food at last.

Now I can go back to wondering if she’ll accept it! I’m going to try the method Purina suggest, of putting a little beside her regular food and just leaving it until she decides she’ll try it. It’s tuna, which she likes well enough in wet form, but she’s used to chicken for her dry.
Good catch! If she doesn’t eat the dry using your method, try just mixing it in with the old, just tiny bit at first and then increase the amount of new vs old if she’s eating it.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good catch! If she doesn’t eat the dry using your method, try just mixing it in with the old, just tiny bit at first and then increase the amount of new vs old if she’s eating it.
Thanks! I’m using Purina’s suggestion because mixi tiny bits of new with old usually results in Miss Pernickety rejecting the lot. First go was surprisingly successful - she ate the new food and the old this morning. Fingers crossed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Status
Not open for further replies.