What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Me and you both. This thing is really lingering. :sigh:
Whatever but has been going around; I've been hearing it from a lot of people. I'm still doing some coughing and I started a few days before Christmas. I rescheduled a dental cleaning over it even though it's random or mostly in the morning and evening.
I vote this option.
Me too. I just ate one with my coffee. She wants to make a different recipe next week but MAN...I am loving these! Bakery Style Cookies (6 Flavors!)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m still waiting for my reading glasses to be delivered. Picked up the multifocals on Monday, was told the reading set should come on Tuesday. Nope. Nor Wednesday. Rang yesterday and was told they hadn’t had enough to make a delivery consignment (!!!). If they don’t come today I won’t see them till next week, which will be a whole week longer than the promised two week delivery. Don’t know what the hell Specsavers’ lab is playing at!

ETA about twenty minutes after I posted this, and was just phoning to see if they would have a delivery today, I got a text message saying they’d arrived! Couldn’t get a fitting appointment today, but will collect them tomorrow. At last!!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
JUST got off of the phone with Spawn 2, who is a real night owl like me. He's doing pretty well, all things considered. Has a new job that he loves (always a plus), and they love their "new" home...newish. They've been in it for a few months now. Spawn 1 and his wife and the grandspawn are in the process of moving into the house that they just finished building. He texted me tonight, and promised that when the boxes are out of the way, he'll take me on a FaceTime tour until I can visit them this coming winter. NO WAY am I going to Central Florida in hot weather!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we just had our excitement for the month......sort of. A 3.8 earthquake hit just to our south. We both heard and felt something, but I at first thought it was just Stretch with his usual morning zoomies, until Michele heard on the local news about it. We occasionally have what are called 'rebound' quakes which arise as the rock strata decompresses. This area was once, about 12,000 years ago, covered by an ice sheet reckoned to be a mile or more thick, so now, bit by bit the land is returning to it's previous state. Nothing major, mind you; just a blip on the radar compared to California.

Status
Not open for further replies.