What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing some sewing today, taking all my leftover fleece scraps and quilting them into ”cat mats” for the local shelter. Last year I made about twenty for them which they give to new adopters so that the cat has something with a familiar scent on it when they go to their new home.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I mailed a Christmas card to mom on Dec 20. She got it yesterday. Mailed from Florida to upstate NY. The card was forwarded as she is in NV for the winter BUT the forwarding did not start until 1/6. The address was correct as was the postage used in case anyone was wondering. The prices keep going up and the service keeps getting worse. :angrycat:

Disclaimer: I didn't know she was going to be in NV for the winter until 1/4/23.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that’s awesome! We have several solar fields just outside the next town over but I don’t know who they serve. They also put in some massive ugly power lines through that area. Maybe its for distribution but really; they are an eyesore.

I’m on a co-op that does a pretty good job here. They are working on burying more lines but most customers are rural (hence the need for a coop here) so I think distances make things difficult. I should see if they have any solar information too.
I mailed a Christmas card to mom on Dec 20. She got it yesterday. Mailed from Florida to upstate NY. The card was forwarded as she is in NV for the winter BUT the forwarding did not start until 1/6. The address was correct as was the postage used in case anyone was wondering. The prices keep going up and the service keeps getting worse. :angrycat:

Disclaimer: I didn't know she was going to be in NV for the winter until 1/4/23.
It took a while for my parents address change forwarding to kick in. I had to overnight them a stack of bills because they don’t like doing stuff online. Fortunately their neighbor kept up with collecting the mail for them so I wasn’t running up there constantly!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Doing some sewing today, taking all my leftover fleece scraps and quilting them into ”cat mats” for the local shelter. Last year I made about twenty for them which they give to new adopters so that the cat has something with a familiar scent on it when they go to their new home.
I love this!! What a cool idea!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My car is back from the panel beaters, all mended and clean. Now I’m looking forward to hearing that my new glasses are ready to collect, which should be in a day or two. Also anticipating wearing the embroidered purple jeans I scored at the op shop yesterday as soon as the weather cools again.
Good reminder for me, I need new glasses. The pair I'm wearing is 12 years old! I have contacts but I'm so bad about forgetting to take them out at night.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good reminder for me, I need new glasses. The pair I'm wearing is 12 years old! I have contacts but I'm so bad about forgetting to take them out at night.
Wow, your vision must be very stable! Mine’s getting worse and worse. It’s six months since my last change of prescription and now I have another new one. I just hope getting reading glasses as well as multifocals helps with this stupid astigmatism.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that’s awesome! We have several solar fields just outside the next town over but I don’t know who they serve. They also put in some massive ugly power lines through that area. Maybe its for distribution but really; they are an eyesore.

I’m on a co-op that does a pretty good job here. They are working on burying more lines but most customers are rural (hence the need for a coop here) so I think distances make things difficult. I should see if they have any solar information too.

It took a while for my parents address change forwarding to kick in. I had to overnight them a stack of bills because they don’t like doing stuff online. Fortunately their neighbor kept up with collecting the mail for them so I wasn’t running up there constantly!
I mailed it more than two weeks before the forwarding was to start. I actually mailed it before the forwarding request was even done. It should have been delivered in less than 1 week.

Just for fun I went to the USPS website to see what they say the normal delivery time is for a letter from my zip code to hers is. This is what they have for a letter mailed 1/28/23. Add on a couple of days for holiday and it's 5 days max.

1674886706335.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anybody eaten at Subway subs lately? When they ask if you want oil, is it actual oil like olive oil? I know they used to put Italian Dressing on subs, but now the choices are Oil or MVP Parmesan Vinaigrette. Which one is like the old Italian Dressing they used to put on subs?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t remember Italian dressing as an option but I always did vinegar. I ate there so much in college they knew my order without asking. :lol: :paperbag: I bet their website would say. Or you could email. The only place I get the oil is at Jersey Mikes and I don’t go often.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Really wishing I could figure out a lower lumbar support system as Zorro adores sleeping against my legs when I lie on my back. Head support I got: airplane neck pillow. But lower back has got me beat and can only hold the position for so long.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anybody eaten at Subway subs lately? When they ask if you want oil, is it actual oil like olive oil? I know they used to put Italian Dressing on subs, but now the choices are Oil or MVP Parmesan Vinaigrette. Which one is like the old Italian Dressing they used to put on subs?
From what I found it is 10% olive oil and 90% canola oil. It's just oil. You could add that with vinegar for flavor but the vinaigrette would be closer to the italian dressing that you're used to. .

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I found it is 10% olive oil and 90% canola oil. It's just oil. You could add that with vinegar for flavor but the vinaigrette would be closer to the italian dressing that you're used to. .
You could also buy individual packets of Olive Garden salad dressing. Great in a salad but would also be delicious on a sub.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:sigh: One kiddo's wednesday group got cancelled because of a family emergency for the group leader. The other kiddo has been doing anthing BUT the work hes told to... So no one is going. Choices have consequences.

On a positive note; the "Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies" DD made last night for today's cancelled small group are amazing! I wanted them to be special so I got her Ghirardelli chips. We used half dark chocolate and half milk. AMAZING! We COULD freeze them for next week. Or she could make another batch and call these a practice round.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:sigh: One kiddo's wednesday group got cancelled because of a family emergency for the group leader. The other kiddo has been doing anthing BUT the work hes told to... So no one is going. Choices have consequences.

On a positive note; the "Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies" DD made last night for today's cancelled small group are amazing! I wanted them to be special so I got her Ghirardelli chips. We used half dark chocolate and half milk. AMAZING! We COULD freeze them for next week. Or she could make another batch and call these a practice round.
Y'all earned them. Enjoy! :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.