What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got my first shingles vaccine. I have been postponing it and finally decided it was time to get it done. You read and hear so many stories about people feeling awful for several days from it so I picked up all the things I usually need when I feel sick like soups and juice. I think I should know by tomorrow morning if they will be needed.
Hopefully you won't have much of a reaction; but it's good to get it done! My bestie has had shingles and it was really painful. I guess it's common for people who've had chemo and stem cell transplants because it's kind of like her immune system started over again. I think it left scaring across her cheek for a while too. They thought she had it again last year but I think they decided it was something else.
Fingers crossed on the mattress!
Thank you! A muscle in my back spasmed out on Saturday evening so yesterday was rough trying to do much. Thank the Lord; I feel much better today. I'm praying the new one works because I feel like we went backward here! I just gotta get the house ready. And a functioning back really helps with that!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The new door is in and the house is back to normal temperature wise. Mooch is cautiously exploring but retreating to my bedroom (where I put her with the tv on while they were working) every few minutes.

It got down to 63 on the thermostat but id set it for 60 and then 65 when they mostly had it shut doing trim work. DS had his winter coat on with the hood up. DD hid in her room. We all survived with minor discomfort. :lol:

Now to get the new mattress here this afternoon so I can nap!! And then we can put furniture back after DH gets home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok no mattress delivery. It was literally within my sight. 😑 Not the guys fault but the one they delivered stained a week and a half ago is missing the tag they are required to have to complete the delivery. It came without it for certain.

DH had to call the store while at work and it’s going to take a couple days for him to straighten it out. So now I’m looking for the energy/will to restrap and remake the twin beds and start moving things back into place.

The new door looks great. But I’m tired of projects and delays. At least I got my dental cleaning rescheduled thanks to this long running cough. (Thats gotta go….):sigh:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
More snow on the way tomorrow! All appointments have been cancelled and boarders will be coming in/going home very early before the worst hits. I can never guarantee the driveway will be passable and no one will plow it until the snow stops, which isn't supposed to happen until Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Zorro caught a mouse at some ungodly hour, which he proceeded to tell me about, loudly, for some time. “Good kitty,” I mumbled. In the morning…I looked ev-yr-where. No mouse. Many hours later, when I’d forgotten all about it, there it was, conveniently hidden behind a table. Eeeek! Was he saving it for later?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Zorro caught a mouse at some ungodly hour, which he proceeded to tell me about, loudly, for some time. “Good kitty,” I mumbled. In the morning…I looked ev-yr-where. No mouse. Many hours later, when I’d forgotten all about it, there it was, conveniently hidden behind a table. Eeeek! Was he saving it for later?
Don't you love how they brag about it at 4:00 in the morning but come 9:00AM, they won't say a word on where they stashed it?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you love how they brag about it at 4:00 in the morning but come 9:00AM, they won't say a word on where they stashed it?
Yessssss…..but WHY? Why put it where I can’t find it? It’s such a bloodcurdling, hair raising, yowl of pride. :doh: Though come to think of it, if I could catch a mouse, I might be pretty puffed up too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That’s one of those things that’s definitely funnier when it happens to someone else!!

My mom and I had an apartment next to the boiler room when I was little. Our cat used to catch crickets and leave the legs in our beds. :cringe: I think that’s where I really developed a dislike for anything but smooth textured sheets. That and the fold out couch bed at my grandparents that always had crumbs in it. Gram was fastidious but somehow that bed would get like that and she’d have to brush it out before I’d get in.:rolleyes2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He must have been hoping you'd do it yourself.

I was about to start reloading the bookshelves and cabinet by the new back door when DH said the guy was coming by. DH felt some air coming through it and gave it a good look from the outside. It's not level. So basically they have to come back and my even have to take the whole door out to get it in there level. He said my things might be fine; but I'm not reloading those shelves until I know I won't have to unload them again. :rolleyes2:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m laughing because my panel beater forgot he had today off. Some businesses close for Australia Day, some don’t, so I didn’t question when he said to bring the car in today. I got there and the place was closed. I rang in case anyone was inside, and he answered the phone and was really embarrassed he’d forgotten. 😄

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
my maintenance man is jerk! i saw him walking and asked him nicely to shovel my walk way so that i wont slip and fall and he just walked away from me ! i had to call the landlord to get it done !
Oooh, I would get myself into trouble over that one. Not only is it irresponsible he's putting people at risk, but just walking away from you as you're talking to him would tick me off.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m laughing because my panel beater forgot he had today off. Some businesses close for Australia Day, some don’t, so I didn’t question when he said to bring the car in today. I got there and the place was closed. I rang in case anyone was inside, and he answered the phone and was really embarrassed he’d forgotten. 😄
Oh no!! But that is pretty funny! I had it in my head once that Sunday was Monday, so I got up, did my thing, and was hanging out at my grooming table waiting on my first client and it hit me that it was Sunday and I didn't need to be there. If I hadn't looked at my phone, I'd probably still be standing there!
We were supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow and I think we got 6-10 millimeters. The ground is barely covered! The roads did get bad though, it was a wet slushy mess for awhile. I'm just glad it didn't go the other way, and we weren't promised no snow and had a surprise foot dumped on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.