What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!! But that is pretty funny! I had it in my head once that Sunday was Monday, so I got up, did my thing, and was hanging out at my grooming table waiting on my first client and it hit me that it was Sunday and I didn't need to be there. If I hadn't looked at my phone, I'd probably still be standing there!
We were supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow and I think we got 6-10 millimeters. The ground is barely covered! The roads did get bad though, it was a wet slushy mess for awhile. I'm just glad it didn't go the other way, and we weren't promised no snow and had a surprise foot dumped on us.
[/QUO
Can I tell my panel beater a friend made that mistake?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback please do!!!! I've also driven to the bank on bank holidays only to get up to the window and realize it's dark, no one is there! And I have to drive back home with a tiny bit of dignity left, convincing myself that taking my car for a drive really WAS necessary and I've tested the clutch, and it's fine. :lol2:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The new door is in and the house is back to normal temperature wise. Mooch is cautiously exploring but retreating to my bedroom (where I put her with the tv on while they were working) every few minutes.

It got down to 63 on the thermostat but id set it for 60 and then 65 when they mostly had it shut doing trim work. DS had his winter coat on with the hood up. DD hid in her room. We all survived with minor discomfort. :lol:

Now to get the new mattress here this afternoon so I can nap!! And then we can put furniture back after DH gets home.
How warm do you normally have the thermostat set for? Because of the increase in my heating bill I have my thermostat set for 68F. If I feel a chill I put on extra clothing.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback please do!!!! I've also driven to the bank on bank holidays only to get up to the window and realize it's dark, no one is there! And I have to drive back home with a tiny bit of dignity left, convincing myself that taking my car for a drive really WAS necessary and I've tested the clutch, and it's fine. :lol2:
LOL I’ve done the same thing! 😆

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How warm do you normally have the thermostat set for? Because of the increase in my heating bill I have my thermostat set for 68F. If I feel a chill I put on extra clothing.
Usually between 68 and 70. Pre-kids we always kept it at 68. When they were little I worried more about them being cold at night. Now; layer up or get the cat in your lap! :lol: I found an amazing oversized flannel shirt on clearance in the men’s department at Kohls last summer. It goes almost to my knees. I’ve been layering that a lot this year. I had a tank underneath a thermal shirt and that the other day. When my toes got cold i added shoes.

DS does run a bit cold but he’s really thin. DD is in one of those stages where you can’t always tell her things. Like how flannel sheets and socks will keep you warmer. Or how putting the hood back on your coat will keep you drier in pouring rain; even if you are hot for the 20 second walk to the building.:rolleyes2:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually between 68 and 70. Pre-kids we always kept it at 68. When they were little I worried more about them being cold at night. Now; layer up or get the cat in your lap! :lol: I found an amazing oversized flannel shirt on clearance in the men’s department at Kohls last summer. It goes almost to my knees. I’ve been layering that a lot this year. I had a tank underneath a thermal shirt and that the other day. When my toes got cold i added shoes.

DS does run a bit cold but he’s really thin. DD is in one of those stages where you can’t always tell her things. Like how flannel sheets and socks will keep you warmer. Or how putting the hood back on your coat will keep you drier in pouring rain; even if you are hot for the 20 second walk to the building.:rolleyes2:
Such a good question! I’m a 68 too. When the lights went out 4 separate times during the ”Pineapple Express,” I switched to firewood, ignored the stinky, noisy generator, and had a great & peaceful time with candles and firelight. Covered a lot of my windows with blankets which was also fun. Have a friend who swears by electric blankets at night. I’ve lived in places w/ pellet stoves and highly recommend them. If you can get solar, it’s great. HIGHLY recommend anything from Goal Zero!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I looked into solar briefly but there were different articles about actually using it during outages. One unfortunate part of being on a well is that we need power to run it. Having a woodstove has been a comforting backup! It does leave my master bathroom cold because it’s farther away and takes several turns to get there. But I am still very glad we invested in it.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, I would get myself into trouble over that one. Not only is it irresponsible he's putting people at risk, but just walking away from you as you're talking to him would tick me off.
iPappy iPappy i was not very happy with him at all. i was very upset about it for a little while

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like drawing attention to myself. So I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop on a tv tray to get some things done while the guys are working on my back door just through a big doorway; maybe 20 feet away.

My son is on the couch next to me, reclined, under a blanket, and wearing DH's ear muff hearing protection he got for mowing the lawn but shivering dramatically saying "Whys it so cold in here!?" As if there wasn't a full door missing in 40 degree weather and we didn't just do this 2 days ago. :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: He's not getting much school work done either. :rolleyes2: (0% surprised.)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told him about your Sunday/Monday incident and he said “All dressed up and no place to go” 😄

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the landlord got it ironed out for you. How much snow did you guys get? We were told we were going to get 6-10" and between yesterday and today we got about 3 inches.
iPappy iPappy yes the landlord got after him and when i got back it had been done ... we didnt get very much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I looked into solar briefly but there were different articles about actually using it during outages. One unfortunate part of being on a well is that we need power to run it. Having a woodstove has been a comforting backup! It does leave my master bathroom cold because it’s farther away and takes several turns to get there. But I am still very glad we invested in it.
You might find this article interesting...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurr...ts,and do any component of it,” Languell said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.