What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy Miles has a sensitive tummy. So I'm feeding both boys "Hills" Perscription Care i/d. It's pricey at $54.00 plus tax , for 8.5 lbs. Dry.
I used to feed Hills Rx,switched to Science Diet then the more cats I got could no longer afford it so I went to Purina One-- now there's so much fuss being made over the bad reports that I'm going over to Iams ---thats for the kibble I feed ( plus the wet now has tripled in price)....it's gotten way out of hand

For 30 yrs I used Eukanuba,can't even remember why I switched back when I did but I just can't keep up anymore on a fixed income

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to feed Hills Rx,switched to Science Diet then the more cats I got could no longer afford it so I went to Purina One-- now there's so much fuss being made over the bad reports that I'm going over to Iams ---thats for the kibble I feed ( plus the wet now has tripled in price)....it's gotten way out of hand

For 30 yrs I used Eukanuba,can't even remember why I switched back when I did but I just can't keep up anymore on a fixed income
I believe Eukanuba is what I fed my Italian Cats. It was the pricest at the time. It wasn't a burden as I was only feeding two. Plus I was working full-time.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe Eukanuba is what I fed my Italian Cats. It was the pricest at the time. It wasn't a burden as I was only feeding two. Plus I was working full-time.
,I know you lived in Italy for 3yrs so I get your "'Italian cats"(& love that btw) but can I call my babies Italian cats since I've adopted them all as my own? Rofl-

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
,I know you lived in Italy for 3yrs so I get your "'Italian cats"(& love that btw) but can I call my babies Italian cats since I've adopted them all as my own? Rofl-
I suppose you can consider them your adopted babies. Who has the right to dispute your claim. Probably no one.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Have any of you tried slippery elm bark for sensitive tummy? I have heard it works in some cases.
Used it myself when I was on chemo,beneficial to humans and when chewed it's great for sore throat but no idea on using for cats- although I give my Graycie and ecinacea liquid for coughing that has slippery elm in it as well- my Vet approved but not for prolonged use

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look what UPS gave to USPS that was delivered today.

20231228_135002.jpg

The wrapping paper isn't that amazing, so I'm going to unwrap them and put them in the Easter baskets now so I'll have them for Easter.

Baby climbed up onto big sister's new trampoline and then crawled off and landed face first. 🤦‍♀️ The dangers of the second child I guess.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son has been sick over a week and a half now. It started viral and he was looking better; then it was looking worse again. :cringe: This was the first time we’ve used the sick visits at our current pediatrician since our first retired a few years ago. I was SUPER impressed. We were literally in and out in less than 10 minutes. They have what could be a whole separate office for sick visits. One provider mans it each day. So you don’t even go in the main entrance and sit waiting with a mix of healthy and sick kids.

The medical assistant wasn’t quite done checking him in when the dr came in. I was expecting some kind of tonsilitis/throat diagnosis. Maybe strep. He got that plus a double ear infection. :oops: Hes had no pain! She said he needed antibiotics regardless so no need to put him through a throat culture.

I’m glad we didn’t wait any longer; but kinda bummed hes spending our entire break sick. My old bestie is in town for the first time in years and her kids shared a stomach virus with their cousins; so it could definitely be worse! 🤪

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I wish DS a speedy recovery! Viral turns bacterial after two weeks which = antibiotics. :frown:

I have been thinking about (you guessed it) snow! DH and I were both awakened by a loud clap of thunder out of the blue a few nights ago. I didn't remember it the next day, until he mentioned it. Other people heard it, too. According to legend, that means snow within the next ten days. I thought I saw something at work about snow flurries this weekend. Flurries? I'll take them! But I wish for deep, deep snow.

Oh, and Lari Lari I love the wrapping paper! How cute is that????

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just hate it when you receive a notice of mentioning a repairman is supposed to arrive but doesn't indicate exactly when. I have this car warranty( Ziridium) on paint repairs where the business comes to your home. I submitted a claim request online last week. I received a notice this past Thursday indicating someone was coming on Saturday. But what Saturday? No date or a approximate time of arrival.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I wish DS a speedy recovery! Viral turns bacterial after two weeks which = antibiotics. :frown:
:hugs:
I kept telling my bestie that. I hate “wasting” a trip when I know something is viral but she takes them if something goes over a week. I guess schools want their notes too so that could be why. He’s on day 3 and the coughing is way less already. We sat at the table playing one of his new games yesterday and Mooch glared at us from the couch to show her displeasure. She wanted her boy back in his spot heating her up! :lol: Shes going to be put out when school starts on Tuesday. :lol: Good thing she has her heated bed. :rolleyes2:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just hate it when you receive a notice of mentioning a repairman is supposed to arrive but doesn't indicate exactly when. I have this car warranty( Ziridium) on paint repairs where the business comes to your home. I submitted a claim request online last week. I received a notice this past Thursday indicating someone was coming on Saturday. But what Saturday? No date or a approximate time of arrival.
Grrrrre:bat:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used this same Service in 2018, on a previous car. The repairman just showed up out of the blue. In that situation he repaired a ripped out Side Bolster on the Driver's Seat, while the car was sitting in my driveway. Plus did some color repairs to the Leather Seat.
Though this time, I would appreciate some advance notice as to when they plan to show up.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There’s a really nice hormonally inflamed rant that shows up in my Facebook memories from when I was quite pregnant with my 2nd and waiting on the cable company; who couldn’t wait long enough for me to get to the door because id had to pee. I live in a 3 bedroom ranch. I wasn’t far. I had plans to station DD’s potty chair by the front door next time. :lol: :paperbag:

But yeah…. People deserve notice. Especially when it ends up being something that a person is missing work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.