What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
sleep is on my mind today lol.... just not feeling very perky today ... so i think a nice warm bed and nap will be do the trick for me :zzzcat:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband found his Christmas present. Sort of. And he doesn’t want it. 😒 We just had to get new phones because his phone had cracks spreading through the shell itself and he needs it for work. They are several years old and we’d been looking for a phone for DD anyway; so my old phone will become hers.

So I saw a deal on Apple’s mag-charger thing and scooped that up thinking he’d love it because he’s always fussing looking for his charger even when he’s the one who moved it not me. 😉 I told him to stay out of the Amazon stuff.

Tonight he came home from work and just casually asks if I got a wireless charger for him because he had one before and he returned it because he thought it messed with his sleep. 😑 He hugged me when he realized he spoiled his Christmas present by looking at our shopping history. I’m kinda forced to do most of our shopping online for Christmas because he works so much this time of year. Why would you stay out of the packages but not the order history?? :nono:

So now do I keep it for myself or return it and get him underwear? 😒

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband found his Christmas present. Sort of. And he doesn’t want it. 😒 We just had to get new phones because his phone had cracks spreading through the shell itself and he needs it for work. They are several years old and we’d been looking for a phone for DD anyway; so my old phone will become hers.

So I saw a deal on Apple’s mag-charger thing and scooped that up thinking he’d love it because he’s always fussing looking for his charger even when he’s the one who moved it not me. 😉 I told him to stay out of the Amazon stuff.

Tonight he came home from work and just casually asks if I got a wireless charger for him because he had one before and he returned it because he thought it messed with his sleep. 😑 He hugged me when he realized he spoiled his Christmas present by looking at our shopping history. I’m kinda forced to do most of our shopping online for Christmas because he works so much this time of year. Why would you stay out of the packages but not the order history?? :nono:

Is it something you’d want for yourself? if so well then keep it! Gifts are hard. there’s always what you’d like to get someone and then deep down, what they really want. Maybe deep deeeep down, there’s something for which you know he’s yearning?

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been avoiding getting a haircut for months cos where I live there is only one place to go. The lady wants to know every single thing about your personal life, and I don’t know how to get her to stop prying. Even if I just nod or go ”uh huh,” she does NOT get the hint but she gives a great haircut. Am almost at the point of just saying “please don’t ask me questions,” or faking a sore throat.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’ve been avoiding getting a haircut for months cos where I live there is only one place to go. The lady wants to know every single thing about your personal life, and I don’t know how to get her to stop prying. Even if I just nod or go ”uh huh,” she does NOT get the hint but she gives a great haircut. Am almost at the point of just saying “please don’t ask me questions,” or faking a sore throat.
I'd fake a sore throat. Or, lie extravagantly and see what her reaction is. ;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

I would return it and get him underwear (the very very itchy kind). just kidding but there is still enough time to get him something even if it’s underwear.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it something you’d want for yourself? if so well then keep it! Gifts are hard. there’s always what you’d like to get someone and then deep down, what they really want. Maybe deep deeeep down, there’s something for which you know he’s yearning?
I would probably make use of it in the living room or kitchen since I tend to charge my phone and things out here. I’ll think about it. Hes one of those people who is both easy and hard. The things I know he wants are usually more expensive. Things that aren’t he tends to get himself. And hes a bit…particular. But hey I’m one of his choices right? 🤪
I would return it and get him underwear (the very very itchy kind). just kidding but there is still enough time to get him something even if it’s underwear.
The itchiest. In a size too small. 😏 I’m sure I’ll think up something. In the meantime I’m going to start googling wool underwear so it shows up in all his ads. Wool underwear and okra recipes. :angel3:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
That's tuff...
I am always quiet during my haircut. Perhaps go during a busy time, where there will be many other clients in the shop.
Or you could pretend something is on your mind, and just say, I would prefer not to discuss it. Or change the subject to what is going on with HER...
Beat her to her punch. Keep asking HER questions about HERSELF... It may work.. If just give one or two word responses, and keep it simple.

Good Luck...

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
That's tuff...
I am always quiet during my haircut. Perhaps go during a busy time, where there will be many other clients in the shop.
Or you could pretend something is on your mind, and just say, I would prefer not to discuss it. Or change the subject to what is going on with HER...
Beat her to her punch. Keep asking HER questions about HERSELF... It may work.. If just give one or two word responses, and keep it simple.

Good Luck...
Good ideas, will try beating her to the punch but that is very hard…plus, she only does one client at a time, just her.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
change the subject to what is going on with HER...
That's what I would try to do. Or I'd start the conversation with something I do want to talk about. I'm not always good at asking people questions about themselves; but most people do like to talk about themselves. So that could work and you could probably prepare some ahead of time. I'll admit to doing that to avoid telling people I can't hear them well. Like over the hair dryer. Although my stylist does have one that's pretty quiet now. I don't mind small talk; but I hate asking people to repeat themselves a lot. So I try to let THEM do the talking.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
My Xbox One died yesterday … with a game disc in it. :gaah:

So, after determining that the issue was not power related, and in a desperate bid to retrieve my disc, I spent the day taking it apart.
This would be my first ever foray into computer hardware repair.
Thank doG for YouTube University.
Found the release for the disc (yay!), and am now hoping a new fan will actually get it up and running again.
Fan comes in on Saturday.

*twiddles thumbs* :sigh:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them! My bestie has me on the lookout for art deco furniture so I've been browsing ads when I have a few minutes. These thrift and antique stores have some fun stuff!
Thanks. I am guessing these are 40’s or so. They had a few scratches and dings here or there but furniture touch up pens, sort of like magic markers, covered those up. And I love having the drawers on top for extra small stuff storage.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd like to sell some of my glass collection. I'm not sure on pricing, but I think I could get a few hundred for some pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.