What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats will kill insects and the only ones they will actually eat are grasshoppers. I don't think insect based anything would go over well here.
They flavor it the normal way, pets don't seem to mind.

Shrimp and lobster are just sea bugs so it's not like it's that unusual.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m not much of a drinker; but I keep thinking about Coquito for Christmas. My mom made it a few years ago and it was SO good. I think I’d like to make some myself this year. I can’t decide on a recipe. I might need to check with an aunt or cousin. :crazy:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Coquito? That stuff is lethal…sip wisely! I bet your aunts and cousins guard their secret recipes!

Me I am wondering if the pocket gopher Zorro inhaled today w/out a backwards glance provided him w/ some nutrition not found in thee common can ’o catfood. Only Zorro knows. 🧐

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not much of a drinker; but I keep thinking about Coquito for Christmas. My mom made it a few years ago and it was SO good. I think I’d like to make some myself this year. I can’t decide on a recipe. I might need to check with an aunt or cousin. :crazy:
What is it? I have never heard of it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They took us to Walmart yesterday. Some of us need to us those handicap electic carts. For the third time in a row they did not have any available for us to use or the ones they did have were not in working order. I was very upset because it is very difficult for me to have to push those big shopping
carts around the store while sitting in my wheel chair. A woman that worked there said that teenagers come in after school and race each other with the carts and the carts get damaged. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever shop at a Walmart again. They have no regard for their handicap customers.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They took us to Walmart yesterday. Some of us need to us those handicap electic carts. For the third time in a row they did not have any available for us to use or the ones they did have were not in working order. I was very upset because it is very difficult for me to have to push those big shopping
carts around the store while sitting in my wheel chair. A woman that worked there said that teenagers come in after school and race each other with the carts and the carts get damaged. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever shop at a Walmart again. They have no regard for their handicap customers.
I don't understand why Walmart doesn't put a stop to the kids doing that. Ridiculous.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My turkey is still way more frozen than I thought it would be at this point. My Mom said to just put it in the garage today. It's not much warmer than the fridge but that's always how she does hers. I've got a thermometer in the garage so I'll know if it gets too warm out there. I guess if all else fails I'll be doing the cold water method. :rolleyes2: So I guess next time I won't use the meat drawer to defrost even with extra time.:rolleyes2:
Coquito? That stuff is lethal…sip wisely! I bet your aunts and cousins guard their secret recipes!
That's the good thing about making it myself; I can adjust the rum! 🤪
What is it? I have never heard of it.
I've heard it called Puerto Rican Eggnog. It's basically coconut with condensed and evaporated milk and white rum. Some seem to call for vanilla and some use both coconut milk and coconut cream of coconut. It's supposed to be a traditional holiday drink.
Just found out that some cars at my building had their tires slashed last night!
Oh man! I hope they catch who did it. I think schools are out on break now so I'd guess bored teens. When we lived in our old neighborhood we were only allowed to park one car on our lot and the other had to be on the street (even though we could park 2 deep easily...) and some kids came and slashed one tire on each car parked on the street on our side of the street. Somehow they caught the teens and we were getting small checks from the courts for a while to cover the tire cost. I think they convicted 3 teen boys for doing it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Doing one more kitchen clean and some more cooking. I have Alexa playing “Dean Martin radio“ on Pandora which is soothing 50’s music that I used to listen to at my grandmother’s house. Putting me in a lovely mood.
I loooove him and that era!! My grandpa sang like Bing Crosby; with that warm, rich sound and he would sing and whistle while he worked around the house and yard. I put them on and it always improves my mood. :redheartpump: My aunt and cousins took my Grandma to see Tony Bennet several years ago and I SOOO wished I could have gone too. She was so happy and sang along. :lol:

I have Pandora on the TV and Apple Music on my phone. I think I'll turn one of those on too. :redheartpump:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I loooove him and that era!! My grandpa sang like Bing Crosby; with that warm, rich sound and he would sing and whistle while he worked around the house and yard. I put them on and it always improves my mood. :redheartpump: My aunt and cousins took my Grandma to see Tony Bennet several years ago and I SOOO wished I could have gone too. She was so happy and sang along. :lol:

I have Pandora on the TV and Apple Music on my phone. I think I'll turn one of those on too. :redheartpump:
My grandmother loved Dean Martin because “he was a nice Italian boy” and sometime sang some verses in Italian. She had a record player and it was either Dean Martin or Elvis Presley playing. She was very fond of Elvis as well because of the beautiful ballads he sang.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandmother loved Dean Martin because “he was a nice Italian boy” and sometime sang some verses in Italian.
That’s exactly how my grandma used to say it. :lol:
gf finally decided on what side she wants with the ribeye tonight looking forward to some well buttered mashed tater topped with shredded cheese :biggrin:
Man that sounds so good right now.:drool: I had a snack instead of lunch earlier and now I’m torn between starting a pie or having dinner and getting sleepy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.