What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I start trying to get her down for nap around 1:30 and waking her up around 3, so she gets an hour up to like an hour twenty minutes depending on how fast she falls asleep, which isn't long enough for a whole movie! If I let her sleep more than that she wants to be up in the middle of the night.

But I do enjoy chilling at naptime.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched “White Christmas” all the way through, as had only ever seen it in bits. Whoo, that hottie George Chakiris for me stole the show! :hearthrob: All that snow was asbestos, btw…but they seemed to have survived it. I can imagine it being a great tribute to the GIs at the time…and am very glad later they acknowledged the 2.5 million African Americans, w/ “Tuskegee Airmen.” It must have been a very fun film to decorate!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Watched “White Christmas” all the way through, as had only ever seen it in bits. Whoo, that hottie George Chakiris for me stole the show! :hearthrob: All that snow was asbestos, btw…but they seemed to have survived it. I can imagine it being a great tribute to the GIs at the time…and am very glad later they acknowledged the 2.5 million African Americans, w/ “Tuskegee Airmen.” It must have been a very fun film to decorate!
My all time favorite movie. ❤ If you ever get a chance to watch with the commentary by Rosemary Clooney it’s full of interesting bits of information and her memories. My stepdad surprised my mom with tickets to see her a few years before she passed away. I’m still secretly disappointed they didn’t take me too. :lol: DS actually loves the movie too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a quick trip to Walmart this afternoon and found a very expensive Iphone 13 Pro laying in the parking lot. I didn’t trust leaving at Walmart’s lost and found so I took it home with me. As I was getting home I was able to answer a call from one of the owners friend and start the process of connecting with the owner. These days when people only have a cell phone it’s is not that easy. A couple hours later and she was able to drive over and pick it up. She had been out running errands and no idea where she had lost it or left it. Glad I could return it to her.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made a quick trip to Walmart this afternoon and found a very expensive Iphone 13 Pro laying in the parking lot. I didn’t trust leaving at Walmart’s lost and found so I took it home with me. As I was getting home I was able to answer a call from one of the owners friend and start the process of connecting with the owner. These days when people only have a cell phone it’s is not that easy. A couple hours later and she was able to drive over and pick it up. She had been out running errands and no idea where she had lost it or left it. Glad I could return it to her.
That's really cool that you worked that hard to get her phone back to her. I bet she was so appreciative. :)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What’s on my mind is the horrendous price of the Royal Canin Anallergenic food Phoebe has. It’s gone up to $100 for a 4kg bag! I wish I knew a safe, cheaper alternative, but she was put on this when hypoallergenic food wasn’t working any more. At least I found I can get 8kg for $169, which ends up a little cheaper than it has been for a while (it’s been $88 per 4kg). And that’s the cheapest price anywhere, too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What’s on my mind is the horrendous price of the Royal Canin Anallergenic food Phoebe has. It’s gone up to $100 for a 4kg bag! I wish I knew a safe, cheaper alternative, but she was put on this when hypoallergenic food wasn’t working any more. At least I found I can get 8kg for $169, which ends up a little cheaper than it has been for a while (it’s been $88 per 4kg). And that’s the cheapest price anywhere, too.
I think Royal Canin is outrageous. Between their shortages, and now the huge price jump.. they are just playing games. It seems that when they return from a 'shortage' the price jumps. This current price jump is outrageous. I wish they could be investigated for price gouging. I mean it.
I, also wish I could find another safe option.. but even RAWZ rabbit is just as costly...

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Royal Canin is outrageous. Between their shortages, and now the huge price jump.. they are just playing games. It seems that when they return from a 'shortage' the price jumps. This current price jump is outrageous. I wish they could be investigated for price gouging. I mean it.
I, also wish I could find another safe option.. but even RAWZ rabbit is just as costly...
Yes, and our options here are both costly and limited. There just isn’t the range available in countries with really big populations. I’m not buying her food from Amazon, that would be just as expensive.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's horrible. I know inflation is a thing now (our prices have gone up at work) but that price just seems so steep. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.