What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's 40 degrees (F) with a wind chill of 26. Mom and I had talked about doing something we wanted to do outside today, but immediately canceled the plans.
This weekend, it's going to hit the mid-high '70's, then the temp drops again. Here's hoping we don't all get sick.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 40 degrees (F) with a wind chill of 26. Mom and I had talked about doing something we wanted to do outside today, but immediately canceled the plans.
This weekend, it's going to hit the mid-high '70's, then the temp drops again. Here's hoping we don't all get sick.
Similar here, down to mid twenties for two nights, and then temps start to rise with 70’s by weekend.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Similar here, down to mid twenties for two nights, and then temps start to rise with 70’s by weekend.
I literally had the place opened up (windows, doors, etc.) on Sunday and today it was like walking into a chest freezer outside. I'm better with cold than hot, but constant shift is strange. I see you're in Minnesota, I'm in Ohio, so we're probably experiencing the same system. Our temps are supposed to gradually climb throughout the week, but tomorrow and Wednesday look a little precipitation-happy with rain/snow mix.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD just dropped a mini bomb in my lap. She had been pestering me asking if I had gotten an email from her new teacher at church. I finally got it when we were about to leave today. So tonight she wrote me a letter saying its her Christmas list. She wants to join a performance ministry the church has that includes competitions and things. Its a BIG commitment with very strict requirements and a BIG expense. :sweat: We missed the interest meeting and “evaluations” (auditions?:dunno:) are this weekend.

I really don’t know what to say. My shy girl is so excited. I need to go over with her the requirements and details to be sure she knows what it is. And DH. She’s awfully excited but I don’t know that its even possible right now. We’ve got a ton of stuff going on as it is. I don’t want to burst her bubble because she’s been pretty sad but yikes this is short notice! I don’t know what to say.:sweat:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
DD just dropped a mini bomb in my lap. She had been pestering me asking if I had gotten an email from her new teacher at church. I finally got it when we were about to leave today. So tonight she wrote me a letter saying its her Christmas list. She wants to join a performance ministry the church has that includes competitions and things. Its a BIG commitment with very strict requirements and a BIG expense. :sweat: We missed the interest meeting and “evaluations” (auditions?:dunno:) are this weekend.

I really don’t know what to say. My shy girl is so excited. I need to go over with her the requirements and details to be sure she knows what it is. And DH. She’s awfully excited but I don’t know that its even possible right now. We’ve got a ton of stuff going on as it is. I don’t want to burst her bubble because she’s been pretty sad but yikes this is short notice! I don’t know what to say.:sweat:
Shy girls often burst out into theatre! Embrace it!!! You’ll be surprised at what she’ll become! 😃

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Zorro is acting more and more like my dad, when I took care of him towards the twilight years…routine is HUUUUGE with older cats, I didn’t realize this. but he also has this ‘second childishness’ about him, hard to explain, which is just charming. Getting a little bit deaf too. This time with him is so sweet.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the Alexa and Firestick to work yesterday!! Hooray.. Honestly, I do not know what happened to boot them off my network. The Comcast modem said they were connected but the Alexa and the Firestick said they were not!! It was maddening!! I know Comcast changed 'something' the day this happened. They have a new log in page. So, they were fiddling around with stuff.

I unplugged Alexa for a week, and then had to re-install it. Easy.. I did not have to input my password. It took me 5 minutes. I did get a bit upset, but calmed myself, by saying: You can do it. If worse comes to worse, I would call Comcast; but it is working!! Now, back to Paramount Plus and Star Trek!!

I think it was a Comcast ploy, to get people to purchase apps from them and not outside sources. Greedy.
~~
There is a Newspaper meeting this afternoon. With everything which has happened over the past month, I do not have an article. Also, the way I was treated about my last article, makes me not want to have anything to do with the so called "Editor" (activities person).
She wanted me to cut my article, I refused. She wanted me to change some wordings, I refused. I wanted it 'as is'. Yes we had a huge disagreement. But she got it in. I had to eliminate my ending.. so it does not flow to the natural ending.

Now that it is published, I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. The Director of the Building told me yesterday, that he really enjoyed it. He said it makes him want to go down and visit the burial ground. He also said to me: "Who knew there was so much history in this city?".... A score for me!!
And one tenant, who is on the newspaper, stopped me telling me how much she enjoyed my articles. She said I should sent them to the Boston Globe!! No way...

Yesterday, I signed up for another painting class. I did not want to talk to the activities person, L.. I emailed her. She asked if I was coming to the meeting. HA! She is wondering if I am going to stay on! I replied: I was thinking of it.
Little does she know; I do nota he an article for the next issue!! I am taking a break. Tod much has happened to me, physically, over the past month. Plus all the crap she gave me! Nope.. I will see if I can attend the proofreading meetings, but nothing from me. My articles are at least one page--- so she can "Save a Tree" and "Cut costs" by eliminating one page of the newspaper... Her constant repeating words..

yes she is a bully.. demanding..

The other day, I went down for a Covid test-- periodic testing in the building. I was wearing my old sneaker clogs--very comfortable, have worn them for at least 10 years. She pointed me out, came over to me saying: "Since YOU HAD A FALL-- Those SHOES are NOT good for YOU!!"...., I was appalled.. Stared at her, replying, blowing her Off: I have worn these for YEARS!! She again said.. WELL YOU HAD A FALL! I was furious. I turned and started talking to someone else, ignoring her...

I really do not like her. She is a bully.. a know it all. Her ego is huge. I heard there are a lot of complaints about her--grumblings among the tenants..

Wish me luck this afternoon. I am going to be snarky, but smile when I say things...

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind... I wonder if Felix is trying to kill Daisy. My mom said she had some hot peppers in a bowl on the kitchen table and Felix fished them out of the bowl and pushed them onto the ground and Daisy tried to eat them. Think I'm going to have to have a talk with him.
IMG-20221019-WA0002.jpg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:(this morning i realized what a bad reputation graycie has at her vet when i had to help with her check up. they were scared to handle/hold her and get her out of her carrier even though she was all drowsy from the gabbapentin.:lol:she will always be a lil sweet heart to me though but i really like how our vet is always so concerned about the amount of stress caused to the pet patients he has during the visits.guess i get to be the vet tech now for graycies visits maybe:biggrin:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
:(this morning i realized what a bad reputation graycie has at her vet when i had to help with her check up. they were scared to handle/hold her and get her out of her carrier even though she was all drowsy from the gabbapentin.:lol:she will always be a lil sweet heart to me though but i really like how our vet is always so concerned about the amount of stress caused to the pet patients he has during the visits.guess i get to be the vet tech now for graycies visits maybe:biggrin:
Artie had a bad rep at all the Vets.. each time he went into the regular vet, the techs would tell each other: "Artie's here!!"
He was just marginally better when I held him.. I could not understand what they were referring to.

First time he saw IM Vet, he bit the Vet tech!! They immediately put in BOLD RED LETTERS: VISCIOUS CAT - BITES!!
I was mortified, at the bite, and then when I heard about this.. His file was flagged!! OMG>>> So embarrassing..
It took at least 2 techs, sometimes 3 for blood work...
He was such a love with me... man..

With Geoffrey, he is so frightened, he shuts down. They can do almost anything to him. They always tell me how nice a cat he is. How good he is... I have news for them: it is from FEAR!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Artie had a bad rep at all the Vets.. each time he went into the regular vet, the techs would tell each other: "Artie's here!!"
He was just marginally better when I held him.. I could not understand what they were referring to.

First time he saw IM Vet, he bit the Vet tech!! They immediately put in BOLD RED LETTERS: VISCIOUS CAT - BITES!!
I was mortified, at the bite, and then when I heard about this.. His file was flagged!! OMG>>> So embarrassing..
It took at least 2 techs, sometimes 3 for blood work...
He was such a love with me... man..

With Geoffrey, he is so frightened, he shuts down. They can do almost anything to him. They always tell me how nice a cat he is. How good he is... I have news for them: it is from FEAR!
When I was like 19, I worked for a vet for hands on experience. We'd see some of the sweetest animals that would turn into fear driven biters when at the vets for any kind of procedure. The flagged file was probably for their alert, and to schedule Artie at the quietest time of the day possible. I had to take Lila to the vet when she was very sore once, and this sweet loving cat that had never caused any problems was not the easiest cat to handle. Sarah can be a bear at the vets office. Livie, the 5 pound Pap was the most HORRIBLE 3-4 month old puppy at the vets that made me ashamed of her. Biting, showing teeth, and making me regret bringing her home. When Tag got sick and the solid year or more of vet visits every few weeks (eventually into twice a week) happened, she went with us to every single appointment, and even accompanied me when we went to pick up his ashes, and now she's great at the vets. There was a silver lining there for sure, but it happened by chance.
My Levi was fearful at the vets but tried to hide it by acting cool. Whenever he was hospitalized, the techs would send me pictures of him self-buried under a blanket, which is what he would do at home if he felt sick or scared. He was very easy to handle, but yes, it was fear and nothing more.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Graycie sounds like the late great Magnus - not that the vets were scared of him as far as I knew, but his last act was to swipe the vet who came to euthanise him. 22, blind, wobbly enough that he may have had a stroke ... and the vet’s comment as we gave him band-aids was “I rather expected that.”

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think keeping a food journal, paired with a "feelings" journal would help?
Maybe it would work. A Few months ago , I was doing a Daily journal to keep motivated so I wouldn't get bored. Lately I haven't done the journal as I have in my mind a plan for different Projects that I plan on doing at my own pace. My feeling about a food journal would likely inspire to eat more food, not less. Maybe a activity journal would be more beneficial . Just a Thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.