What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH was just paying the bills and discovered a check someone had given to me for my birthday was returned with a $20 fee from the bank. :ohwell: I’m assuming they overdrew their account and I don’t want to say anything to them. But gosh charging US for it doesn’t seem fair either. We didn’t do anything wrong. :dunno: I think we should check to be sure that’s what happened or just ask for clarification from the bank. But I’m not going to risk embarrassing the gift-giver!
target has a bunch of halloween treats that are really good packs of frosted mini brownies and frosted mini sugar cookies both soft and fresh :lol:
I did not need to know that. :lol: Good thing I’m feeling a bit sweets’d out from multiple birthdays!:paperbag:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did not need to know that. :lol: Good thing I’m feeling a bit sweets’d out from multiple birthdays!:paperbag:
:lol:its halloween stuff you cant hide/avoid the stuff when its strategically placed for you to pass right by em :lol::angel:they are perfectly bite sized also i'll post pics in the morning with my coffee

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery shopping today and these chain supply shortages are getting so annoying. Had to go to three different stores before I found three items on my shopping list, pretty ordinary things - white corn taco shells, bisquick and Mini Moo creamers. It just seems whenever I shop there is always something I can’t find.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Years ago a friend of mine passed away. For weeks after, I dreamed of rainbows all the time. On the one year anniversary of her death, several small storms passed through. I camped out at my window, and about 5 or 6 rainbows appeared that night. That was so very cool. That year, I think I saw a rainbow in the sky every week all summer. It was so awesome. I have so many pictures of rainbows!
Shortly after my dog Tag passed, I got a call from a friend early in the morning to look outside. There was a HUGE double rainbow in the sky. Wow!!
Today, I went to get his ashes. It was sprinkling and a little dreary, but the sun kept peeking out. Between the day of his passing, and getting his ashes, a whole load of depressing crap has happened and I was just wanting to get my boy back home and crash on the couch. On the drive home, I was watching the sky for a rainbow, but I didn't see one. Oh well, that would have been cool, but it's all good.
I got home and tonight looked at the paper online. Apparently I was just running behind schedule. Turns out, at some point today, a HUGE double rainbow was in the sky, and the paper had updated it that afternoon with a photo, dated Tuesday 9/27/22, of a rainbow on the front page. I just happened to miss it. That photo is now my desk top and I have saved a screen shot to my photos. Wow! TYG :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fretting about Spawn 1. He's in St. Petersburg. It does, however, generally fare better than Tampa, for some reason. Fingers are crossed. AND he has a house under construction! LOL, I don't know whether to hope it DOES have the roof on, or does not!
I have a relative living in Tampa with an 18 month old. I checked on them, the other day. They had reservations at an Orlando Hotel, and were thinking of leaving yesterday morning, very early. This is the second time,sicne the baby was born, that they had to do this.

A friend is in Bradenton, just north of Sarasota. She is concerned. Staying in her 6th floor condo. She installed hurricane windows, and hurricane shutters for her lanai. She is hoping her sliding doors will hold. She looks out onto a golf course.
Her car is exposed; normally parked in a car port, but was thinking of moving it to higher ground; although unsheltered.

Personally, I think it is very risky living in Florida.. for many reasons..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cousins is at her time share by Disney for a kid-free couples vacation. They are just riding it out since they are inland; but it does look like they expect the eye to cross the Orlando area. It should weaken quite a bit but still be a hurricane at that point. The parks are closed for a couple days but maybe being kid free in a hurricane is still a vacation? :dunno: A few years ago a friend's parents got stuck on one of the Caribbean Islands when they had the back to back hurricanes hit and that was NOT fun.

One of my high school friends lives a bit north of Orlando and they went on a cruise as planned. The ship changed course to avoid it all but that's one way to avoid riding out a hurricane with 6 kids. :crazy:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had such a satisfying morning. I went out to the garage to put up a tool hanger I had just bought and ended up spending three hours organizing and throwing out things. I brought a bunch of yard tools out to the curb with a “free” sign and moved others to the storage shed. I reorganized everything else on the pegboard wall and swept out a mountain of sand, dust and leaves. Being able to just get lost in a project regardless of how much time it takes is one of those luxuries of retirement that I so love.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
had good news today about getting my biopsy done it got approved only to have gf test positive for covid hours later:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: rotten luck she is about to take offf to quarantine at a hotel close by i am pretty mad cause i cant take care of her for these 6 days she will be gone😭i will miss and worry about her. just gave her a masked cat style head bump good bye

Status
Not open for further replies.