What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH text me pictures from a camping trip hes on with DS. Someone at the camp ground has 2 golden retrievers and 1 Australian shepherd with them and DS was LOVING them. I've been trying to get DH on board to get a Golden for years now. DS always plays with the dogs next door when he can and I've been saying for ages how good a dog would be for him. (Mooch is pretty attached to him too; just not playful at 17 1/2.) Maybe now he can see what I've been trying to tell him all this time! ;)😇

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone planning on getting the new COVID Omnicron booster. I had no reaction to the first three and I felt fine in the 24 hours after the injection but woke yesterday with the whole range side effects from gastro to headache, sore throat and feeling exhausted. Fortunately most were gone by this morning and other than feeling a bit more tired than usual I am back to normal.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone planning on getting the new COVID Omnicron booster. I had no reaction to the first three and I felt fine in the 24 hours after the injection but woke yesterday with the whole range side effects from gastro to headache, sore throat and feeling exhausted. Fortunately most were gone by this morning and other than feeling a bit more tired than usual I am back to normal.
Thanks so much for letting us know!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good to know. I need to look imto getting it, so maybe I should get it on a Wednesday since J has her PDO on Fridays and I'd be able to relax a bit.

J's most amusing new words are "coppee" (coffee) and "fooba" (football). And she still calls dogs "uck" even though I know she can say the d sound.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good to know. I need to look imto getting it, so maybe I should get it on a Wednesday since J has her PDO on Fridays and I'd be able to relax a bit.

J's most amusing new words are "coppee" (coffee) and "fooba" (football). And she still calls dogs "uck" even though I know she can say the d sound.
Those are really big words for her age!

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Someone was just telling me about a woman who cat sits around the world for FREE. So, she’s been like, to Fiji and the Netherlands, and many other places. I don’t know how she makes money but maybe she saves up from some other job and then does this b/c it’s a way of seeing the world (and meeting a lot of cats). Seems like quite a gig if you can figure it all out.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't decide which topic to do for my thesis project. I'm trying to decide between Alzheimer's technology or aiding the mobility of those with neurological diseases. :ohwell: Both are very interesting to me but obviously, I can only do one. Wondering if there is a way to combine the two...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't decide which topic to do for my thesis project. I'm trying to decide between Alzheimer's technology or aiding the mobility of those with neurological diseases. :ohwell: Both are very interesting to me but obviously, I can only do one. Wondering if there is a way to combine the two...
Wow... both of them are very important and intense subjects.. I give you credit for thinking of each of them.
I am not sure how you could link the two of them together? Since Alzheimers is a severe congnitive decline and neurological disease are more of a physical decline.. Alzheimers patient do seem to have some extent of physical (neurological) mobility decline--but that is when the disease is intensive.

Which do you think you would prefer researching? Which one speaks to you more?? the one with neurological disease is pretty vast.. the Alzheimer's one is more focused. There may be more information available to you with that one...

(((hugs)) to you, for even thinking of either one... It shows how caring you are....❤

You could attempt to do something related to how Alzheimers patients have limiting neurological, physical decline.. and at what stage of the disease, and how mobility aids and neurological could help or are limited in helping them...

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
My 71 year old brother just visited me for the first time in his life. For ONE DAY. I am not sure what this means but am just being accepting of it, as in the past have always reached out in a loving way w/ no result. Perhaps, despite our enormous age difference, now that he is listing towards twilight, he is recognizing the importance of having a little sister?
:ruminating:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... both of them are very important and intense subjects.. I give you credit for thinking of each of them.
I am not sure how you could link the two of them together? Since Alzheimers is a severe congnitive decline and neurological disease are more of a physical decline.. Alzheimers patient do seem to have some extent of physical (neurological) mobility decline--but that is when the disease is intensive.

Which do you think you would prefer researching? Which one speaks to you more?? the one with neurological disease is pretty vast.. the Alzheimer's one is more focused. There may be more information available to you with that one...

(((hugs)) to you, for even thinking of either one... It shows how caring you are....❤

You could attempt to do something related to how Alzheimers patients have limiting neurological, physical decline.. and at what stage of the disease, and how mobility aids and neurological could help or are limited in helping them...
You're right, they are different. I did some more research and I think I'm leaning more towards the side of Alzheimer’s disease. For our thesis project, we actually have to create a product of some sort that will help individuals with a certain problem but not necessarily solve it.

There are some technologies that already exist on the market that help those suffering from AD since I read that the medication is expensive, has bad side-effects, and doesn't help them with social and physical limitations. So these technologies are reducing the stress on their caregivers. But, I haven't seen any mass produced products for brain training those with AD specifically so I might create something like that.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right, they are different. I did some more research and I think I'm leaning more towards the side of Alzheimer’s disease. For our thesis project, we actually have to create a product of some sort that will help individuals with a certain problem but not necessarily solve it.

There are some technologies that already exist on the market that help those suffering from AD since I read that the medication is expensive, has bad side-effects, and doesn't help them with social and physical limitations. So these technologies are reducing the stress on their caregivers. But, I haven't seen any mass produced products for brain training those with AD specifically so I might create something like that.
OMGosh.. If you could create a product, you would be FAMOUS! and an answer to many people's prayers. My mom had dementia.. I see the dementia, and the effects of Alzheimers in my building. There are many forms of it. Alzheimers is one, there are also other diseases(s), problems which effectinve the cognitive ability of the brain.. both physically, in shrinking the brain, and in area of the neural pathways.

What I have found most interesting is that one of the first symptoms of cognitive decline is being argumentative, overly..
the 'filters' are gone. I am really aware of that, now.. Not in everyone with Cognitive decline, but in many many individuals.

Gosh, am I getting carried away...I wish you luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.