What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I am missing my family in Texas right now and being homesick isnt helping me much either
I think either the Germans or Russians have a word for homesickness that applies as much to the land itself as to the people you miss. That is quite an ecological change….is there anything in Michigan that helps to ground you? Sometimes writing an old fashioned letter to the ones you love helps…and people appreciate real mail.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Why isn't Optagest available in a monthly subscription? :frustrated: I have the 2 month subscription option but one 100g bottle does not last 2 cats a month. I have to buy 2 bottles now, one bottle to use now and the other to have in case I run out before the next auto delivery.
Not even in chewy?

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Margot Lane Margot Lane writing is one my many hobbies and yeah i guess i should sit down and write my mom a heartfelt letter .i am basically pretty much alone here even though i am married ... he sleeps all day , goes to work around 5:15pm and is there from 6pm until 1 or 2 am ... i have no friends here either .

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
School is supposed to start on Monday. I am NOT ready. I just ordered a desk for DS but that won't be in for 2 weeks and then needs to be put together. (Ikea) I need to finish cleaning out our school space and get my calendars and planner set up. I'd looked at a cool online planner system that will put in everything for you; but you have to pay for each program you use. It could be worth it; especially as my kids get older. But for now I think I need to stick with my old system. DD is pretty independent for several subjects so it would be awesome for it to just e-mail her what she needs to do and automatically reschedule if we don't get to something.

I don't know what to do first. The physical setup or the computer work. DH has the water off so at least I can't be distracted by dishes and laundry at the moment. :crazy:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not even in chewy?

Chewy doesn't sell Optagest. I'm currently buying from Amazon and the most frequent subsciption is every 2 months. I did see that there is a 300 g bottle available (about a 3 month supply, seeing that 100 g barely lasts a month) which I may switch to in the future but I'd still need the 2 month subscription so I have a new bottle on hand before the in-use one runs out.

artiemom artiemom anything you plan on buying during tax free weekend? Or are you trying not to spend because of Geofferey and everything else going on? :grouphug:

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="LTS3, post: 5562204, member: 75912"}

artiemom artiemom anything you plan on buying during tax free weekend? Or are you trying not to spend because of Geofferey and everything else going on? :grouphug:
[/QUOTE]
❤❤
I picked up a couple things on Amazon, this morning... I do need to pick some things up at Rite Aid--I have some coupons and if it is tax fee, that may help.. I will probably go there immediately after Sunday Mass.
... but no major items are jumping out at me..

I do not enjoy shopping in crowds, and cannot afford Dany large purchases.. I am ok with a lot of things.. I am just focusing on the essentials...

In the past, I picked up a couple of things..Honestly, Tax Free is not a big thing for me... Only other thing I need is a couple of boxes of litter.... no big deal with sales tax... not enough o amount to anything...

Are you buying anything?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Chewy order of cat food, an Amazon order that includes 2 bottles of Optagest, and a Ruggable washable rug. I'm in a sort of home rearranging / decorating / organizing kick these days :crazy: and thought a rug would be a nice addition to the living area which is just bare hardwood floor. I may order something I've been eyeing on Etsy.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went outside just before sunrise Saturday morning. It was just getting light, and there was a wonderful, fresh, cool breeze. I could have stayed forever like that...then the SUN CAME UP AND RUINED IT ALL! This is why I'm a day sleeper.
Been like that here all summer but the weather finally broke yesterday and it had been darn right cool yesterday and today. Might be time to pull out the long blue jeans pretty soon.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a "handmade" item off Etsy but it really wasn't handmade at all :ohwell: The listing said it would be shipped from CA. It was actually shipped from NJ by Amazon. I looked up the seller on Amazon and the person is also there selling the exact same items. Not Amazon's Homemade section but regular Amazon. The item is fine, just obviously mass produced and stored in an Amazon warehouse ready to be shipped. It's misleading of the Etsy seller to claim that the items are handmade and sent from CA when they are not :angrywoman:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby dropped a thing on me this morning; he wants to take a day trip to go fishing.
This is something we both need.
But
We have a high anxiety blind dog that we can’t leave without supervision.
Our options are to take him with, or leave him with a neighbor.
My neighbor has offered to watch him at her house,
But
They have a pool, without a gate/fence around it. If blind dog follows her around, or meanders around looking for her like he does with me, he will likely end up in the pool at some point. If he does this while she’s not looking, blind dog will not be able to get out on his own.
So…
Go ahead and take him with for the day, right?
But
We are anticipating two back to back weeks of absence in October; one week for Renn Faire, and one possible trip to Ireland.
So a one day trip would be an ideal opportunity to test the sitting situation.

:runaround::dizzy: o_O

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I tried ordering an item from Etsy, a couple years ago. The seller was a scammer, and even sold my information...
I am staying away from Etsy..

Many years ago, I was scammed from EBay.. Someone hacked into my account, and used it for items. It was a hassle to straighten out. Since then, I stay away from EBAy also..

You just have to be very careful out there..

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a "handmade" item off Etsy but it really wasn't handmade at all :ohwell: The listing said it would be shipped from CA. It was actually shipped from NJ by Amazon. I looked up the seller on Amazon and the person is also there selling the exact same items. Not Amazon's Homemade section but regular Amazon. The item is fine, just obviously mass produced and stored in an Amazon warehouse ready to be shipped. It's misleading of the Etsy seller to claim that the items are handmade and sent from CA when they are not :angrywoman:
I have Found just one time that a seller on Etsy actually Used Amazon. I wasn't too thrilled about it. Especially since that Item could be found cheaper on Amazon. I do use Etsy for many of my online purchases. Also having Lifelock eases my worry.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you can report them to Etsy. Or at least leave a review. I buy from them regularly but I do look at the shops to see what else they sell and check reviews. A few times I’ve found questionable ones. One time they said they were in the US but they were actually in Turkey or somewhere around Eastern Europe. It was still a handmade item and good quality; it just took a lot longer for shipping. I think more shops are being more transparent about that because they don’t want negative reviews. I’ve bought from a few UK sellers who were transparent about location and it was actually quick shipping!

I do find some sellers are on both but its only been like t-shirts and mugs that I’ve gotten. Chewy actually carries a matching collar and bracelet line I first found on Etsy. My bestie stopped with Etsy a while back because it wasn’t jiving with her business. But people are also notoriously cheap when it comes to handmade clothing.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read the Etsy policy on handmade items for sellers. It's kind of a gray area. A seller can design items and rely entirely on outside assistance to produce the products and still call it handmade. I'm guessing that's what this particular seller is doing and why the same products are sold on Amazon. I left a 4 out of 5 star review for the seller. I didn't make a big deal out of the fact that the item was shipped and delivered by Amazon, only that it confused me because from the item description I assumed the seller would be actually hand making the item and ship it directly to me.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So…
In 2017, my dad passed away, and my aunt has been the executrix of the estate. The estate included 3 restaurants and his home. I didn’t have a problem with my aunt running the business, as she had been the defacto CFO since the beginning. But dad‘s will specifically said to sell it. As for the home, he left the option for us to purchase it at market value. I was given first option, which I wanted to exercise, but my aunt had other ideas. Instead of allowing me to offset the purchase from my portion of the inheritance, she blocked me in every way possible and eventually sold it out from under me. At a certain point, I realized what she was doing, and retained a lawyer, but too late.

Since then, I’ve kept the lawyer on board, mostly to keep track of the management of the estate. This pissed my aunt off, and over the years she would only do the bare minimum required, and only when we asked.

She also completely cut all communication with both myself and my sister.

So my lawyer sent me an update, saying the final transaction for the business sale has been completed, but checks may be slow in coming because my aunts husband just passed away.

This is how I learned that my uncle, who I actually liked very much, died.
My aunt could not even bother to notify my sister and I personally.
This hurts.
I don’t really know where to go from here.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
This is probably on the “black cats only” page but today is national black cat day! Just heard it on the radio. The 1 black cat I’ve owned adopted us on Halloween! He was howling halfway up a tree, but clearly had been dumped, as he was a softy and a pushover. Anyway around here you get a % off for adopting a black cat today.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
So…
In 2017, my dad passed away, and my aunt has been the executrix of the estate. The estate included 3 restaurants and his home. I didn’t have a problem with my aunt running the business, as she had been the defacto CFO since the beginning. But dad‘s will specifically said to sell it. As for the home, he left the option for us to purchase it at market value. I was given first option, which I wanted to exercise, but my aunt had other ideas. Instead of allowing me to offset the purchase from my portion of the inheritance, she blocked me in every way possible and eventually sold it out from under me. At a certain point, I realized what she was doing, and retained a lawyer, but too late.

Since then, I’ve kept the lawyer on board, mostly to keep track of the management of the estate. This pissed my aunt off, and over the years she would only do the bare minimum required, and only when we asked.

She also completely cut all communication with both myself and my sister.

So my lawyer sent me an update, saying the final transaction for the business sale has been completed, but checks may be slow in coming because my aunts husband just passed away.

This is how I learned that my uncle, who I actually liked very much, died.
My aunt could not even bother to notify my sister and I personally.
This hurts.
I don’t really know where to go from here.
That’s so brutal. Feel free to talk more about your uncle if you want. try to hold on to the good memories…let the painful ones go like dross. (Hard to do now, I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.