What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been on a British forum for mothers, I go there almost every day, just for fun. BOY, are they upset! It's way hot for them, in the upper 80s an 90s, electricity bills are running over 400 pounds per month ($479.00) and only 2% of homes there have air conditioning! Can you imagine how much it would cost if they DID have AC???
What's making their electric bill so high if they don't have AC?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I do not know what the current rates are for pet sitting; but if it it involves a $30 dollar Uber ride, then $150 is not enough. Is the $30 ride for one trip or a Toal of the entire weekend--all 3 days..

Pilling cats should also be considered, and how often you are going in? Once or twice a day? You are not just going in to feed and scoop. You are also medicating cat(s) who are not known to you.

Can you find how much it would be to board a dog for the Labor Day Weekend..
I was wondering if setting a fee for the pet sitting/piling and then add an additional fee for the transportation, would sound more reasonable. You never know when Uber fees will increase.. and it is the Holiday week-end.

Just my thought.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be $30-ish one way. I would only be pet sitting for the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I can take the bus in the morning to and from the house and just to get back home after the evening check / pilling. So I would only need two Uber / Lyft trips. Pilling the one cat is twice a day and the cat is supposed to be very good at taking the pills.

I looked at the boarding place near me. $95 per dog per night. Extra $10 per night for holidays. Those are typical rates around here.

I'll get more info about the pets this weekend when I go over.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve used Rover.com recently, you could check rates for your area there.
Each sitter sets their own rates, and you need to dig into their profiles a bit to see what they charge extra for.
Typically, drop ins are charged differently than full sitting. Some charge per pet, per drop in, per time (30/60 min). Some charge extra for meds. I usually end up with about a $60-70 per day bill.
When friends ask me to sit or drop in, I use those rates as a reference (though I usually discount, in expectation of reciprocation down the line).

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like anything from $20 to $50 per visit. Boarding a pet at the sitter's home runs $50 to over $100 per night. It would just be the dog at my place if the owner doesn't decide to board. I don't want to be greedy and ask for like $500 for the whole weekend but I also don't want to charge way less for the the work needed. I want to be reasonable and have the person be more inclined to ask me to pet sit in the future again.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Been on a British forum for mothers, I go there almost every day, just for fun. BOY, are they upset! It's way hot for them, in the upper 80s an 90s, electricity bills are running over 400 pounds per month ($479.00) and only 2% of homes there have air conditioning! Can you imagine how much it would cost if they DID have AC???
[/QUOTE
They had a 2-day heat wave, Now temps are in the 60's during the day for the next 2 weeks.
Weather for Great Britain, England, United Kingdom

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's making their electric bill so high if they don't have AC?
Nationwide price hikes. No reason given.

Weird it is snowing in Alaska in July doesn't happen often.
That's Climate Change. Or, to be factual, Global Warming. Global Warming does not mean everything gets warmer all at once. It happens in fits and starts, and plays HAVOC with weather patterns. Global warming in the past has triggered mini-ice ages. That, if I remember correctly, has to do with methane release from seabeds, but I could be wrong about the methane.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
whats on my mind ? well i have thoughts that i am not good enough, pretty enough or worth much to other people
You know what? No one is. Look at the most beautiful, wealthy and talented people and you'll still find a LOT of critics. I don't know if its just human nature to look for the flaws in everyone. Maybe it makes people feel better about themselves or covers their own insecurities. But it won't. I won't be so trite as to say what other people think doesn't matter; because on some level it does. I think it's better to just try to limit whose opinions we will listen to. Sometimes even the people who are supposed to love us most aren't loving. It's hard but I think everyone faces it.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles i know that you are trying to help but i have never been truly appreciated while i was growing up and now that im almost 50 years old i see that people are getting more ungrateful for their lives everyday

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate Walmart so much. I avoid going into the store because it's always a mess, the aisles are full of pallets of stuff for the shelves and people ignore their screaming children. I had to go in on a Friday afternoon about a month ago and they had ONE register open. They are the worst retailer on earth.

They even screw up online orders now. I always choose shipping when I order because orders delivered from the store are always messed up somehow. The driver gets lost, delivers to the wrong address or misses some stuff. They change the delivery method themselves though. I placed an order on Tuesday. One item was delivered from the store same day. Ok fine. One item was sent by USPS and I got it Wednesday. OK. The other 2 items were never shipped or delivered. The website had them as "delayed" but they are in stock at the store. I contacted customer service and they were not able to do anything. They ended up telling me to cancel the items and reorder them. Um can you not contact the store and say, 'Hey you have these items. Can you deliver them?" They were just paper products. Nothing perishable. That's too much for them I guess. I cancelled the order and am getting the items from Target. The order before this one was cancelled by the delivery driver. The delivery driver I did not request. not because the store didn't have the items, probably because they got lost. My house is right off the main road in our town. It's not hard to find at all. Especially with GPS. I mentioned that to the rep but that was ignored. I'm done with them. Everything will be either through my Amazon subscribe and save or from Target from now on.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I work at target,never go to Walmart. Since we are short on staff,it's hard to keep things neat and organized. I was out of breath today. Our store is busiest in my area so most of the registers are open. Usually people working on the floor are called to do casier which makes it harder. No one is around to help the guests. And the floor gets cluttered. Not giving excuses for Walmart but that's what retails like

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work at target,never go to Walmart. Since we are short on staff,it's hard to keep things neat and organized. I was out of breath today. Our store is busiest in my area so most of the registers are open. Usually people working on the floor are called to do casier which makes it harder. No one is around to help the guests. And the floor gets cluttered. Not giving excuses for Walmart but that's what retails like
WM and Target are across the street from each other here. WM has plenty of staff working, just no one running the registers. They have plenty of self checkouts but the lines for those are super long. Always. Running into the store to quickly grab a couple of things is nearly impossible. Target on the other hand has a lot of registers open until around 9 pm or so which is understandable since they close at 10. They are quite organized and the store is clean. The also have self checkouts available. When I place an order with Target for shipping, they ship it. They don't change how it's sent just because they feel like it. They are night and day here.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My closest Walmart is fine but the other is a lot like that. Its very close to my moms but I avoid it because there is no “quick” stopping there. The manager was known to be mean too.

I have wondered if their pickup employees are employed by the store or a different system within Walmart. I tried to return something once that id gotten in my grocery order and the customer service person were like “We can’t do those.” And the customer service phone person was like “Yes they can.” :dunno:

Un fortunately my closest Target is out of commission for a while. The teacher discount period just started too. Its 3x farther away than Walmart anyway. Its more fun to school supply shop in person and Target has the cutest stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.