What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going through somewhat the same thing.. Read Geoffrey's thread for information. I have been really a wreck last nigh and today.. If it were not the long week=end and 4th of July holiday, Geoffrey would be in the ER.. As it is; I am taking him in tomorrow..
K kurothecat I understand completely. Geoffrey is only 7-8 years old. I have only had him for just 3.5 years.. Lymphoma and now anemic.. I am praying for him, and will include Kuro and you in my prayers..

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took the day off so a plumber can come to look at a leak under the kitchen sink. Noticed water under there last week but I can't determine where it's coming from because there is no drip. I am thinking either the garbage disposal or the dishwasher. Been having to use only half the sink and handwash dishes for the last few days.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am trying to work through school book decisions and purchases for the upcoming year. And tracking my spending. I haven't been able to purchase used for several things I normally could. The grammar program DD supplements with came out with a whole rewritten version and it looks really good; so there will be no used to get there. Her math is online. The history we use is never cheaper used unless someone sells the whole package; and that's gone up in price compared to the lower levels.

DS isn't going to be ready for his next math level till probably November so that will help. I don't have to pay for DD's math till mid August because it's a yearly subscription. DS won't need literature yet either. So I guess that's all positive and will help spread the spending out. It saves us some money to switch to online videos for their writing program too.

I'm not going to stress about it. It will work out. :agree: I might need to get another laptop though. I think the chromebook doesn't work with one of our programs or I'd just go with one of those!! Walmart is advertising one for $98!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to work through school book decisions and purchases for the upcoming year. And tracking my spending. I haven't been able to purchase used for several things I normally could. The grammar program DD supplements with came out with a whole rewritten version and it looks really good; so there will be no used to get there. Her math is online. The history we use is never cheaper used unless someone sells the whole package; and that's gone up in price compared to the lower levels.

DS isn't going to be ready for his next math level till probably November so that will help. I don't have to pay for DD's math till mid August because it's a yearly subscription. DS won't need literature yet either. So I guess that's all positive and will help spread the spending out. It saves us some money to switch to online videos for their writing program too.

I'm not going to stress about it. It will work out. :agree: I might need to get another laptop though. I think the chromebook doesn't work with one of our programs or I'd just go with one of those!! Walmart is advertising one for $98!!
Be careful with the inexpensive laptops. I have hear that some can’t be updated because of limited memory.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So, Hubby was packing his bag for another week long gig when he got a call from his sister. Another of his brothers’ wife had a massive heart attack last night and did not make it. We are so sad. She just had heart surgery a couple years ago, so she was at risk, but still…. 🥺.
Apparently, his brother was also out on a business trip when it happened (their son was home with her). This was not the thing we wanted to hear, especially a mere hour before hubby was to set out himself.
*sigh*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you buy lottery tickets online legally now in NY? I saw an add on Facebook for Mega Millions, the one I used to play. I clicked on it, but it said you have to pay with Visa, they won't take Paypal. Plus they tacked on a 50 cent convenience fee. So it would have been $2.50. I might try it sometime though. Wish they took Paypal.

W Willowy --Do you know about it? You know everything. Ha! :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you buy lottery tickets online legally now in NY? I saw an add on Facebook for Mega Millions, the one I used to play. I clicked on it, but it said you have to pay with Visa, they won't take Paypal. Plus they tacked on a 50 cent convenience fee. So it would have been $2.50. I might try it sometime though. Wish they took Paypal.

You could always buy a prepaid Visa card - you can buy them at places like Walmart or Walgreens in all amounts. They are good for places that don’t take PayPal and work just like regular Visa cards up to the amount you purchased.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that furmonster mom furmonster mom . :(

Be careful with the inexpensive laptops. I have hear that some can’t be updated because of limited memory.
They almost seem like "disposable"; like they are only meant to last a couple years. DD uses DH's laptop for school but DS needs it some now too and he's still young to be on something expensive like that. So maybe it's ok to get one that only lasts a year or two until he's more mature and they both need one full time. I found a cool scheduling software that they can access their assignments via e-mail and check off whats complete. I need to look more deeply at it; but it looks really good for DD since she likes to be independent. So much to think about!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't, lol!

I suppose PayPal might be too risky for lottery, money laundering or something like that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose PayPal might be too risky for lottery, money laundering or something like that.
I just wanted to make sure the link was legit and legal. But it looks like the real website. It's just weird that there was no big announcement in the news. It's big news to me that we can finally play the lottery online. So much more convenient! Here's the link if you want to check it out for me:
Play Lottery Online in New York - Lotto.com

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe they didn't advertise it much because they didn't want to encourage people who are dealing with gambling addictions. I remember having a discussion about gambling addictions in school and our teacher saying how we quickly went from just a couple pawn shops to quite a few when slots were legalized here. I think we still have some old liquor laws too. The thought was supposed to be that people with addictions won't be stopped; but they can at least make it harder. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they didn't advertise it much because they didn't want to encourage people who are dealing with gambling addictions.
I won't play it very often, just every few months when it gets up to the hundred million greenbacks. I'm too cheap to play it very often. I hate the fact that it's $2 now instead of $1. And that 50 cent convenience fee bothers me too. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.