What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
thats why i bought it to for the novelty of feeding graycie mouse :biggrin:
Okay, so now my mind is stuck on mice as food. Are they raising them or catching them? There website says sourced in the US but that could be either caught or raised. And how do they process them? Do they grind them up or boil/cook them and then extract their tiny carcasses. Google is not providing answers.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so now my mind is stuck on mice as food. Are they raising them or catching them? There website says sourced in the US but that could be either caught or raised. And how do they process them? Do they grind them up or boil/cook them and then extract their tiny carcasses. Google is not providing answers.
i assume they arefarm raised like frozen feeder mice/rats for reptiles(hopefully skinned before mixing it into food) are but that begs the question if they are gut loaded and fed a good diet etc. before being processed i will let you know with pics tomorrow i think its a pate style so probably ground up. the store i bought it from had several options for the second meat duck,rabbit,chicken turkey to i think:lol:gf is kinda grossed out cause it lists whole mouse as 2nd ingredient:biggrin:didnt help cause i had brought before about buying frozen feeder mice/rat pups and blending em up to see if graycie would eat it.far asthe mice being cooked prior i dunno i think i can tell if its raw mice

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw a notification on my phone earlier today from the Kindle app about a summer reading challenge. I’ve been trying to catch up logging my kids reading for the library summer challenge so I looked at it. I had no idea the app keeps reading stats. I do 99.9% of my kindle reading on my Paperwhite. I only use the app if I’m caught somewhere waiting and I don’t have my kindle with me; and that’s rare. Apparently I’ve missed 2 days of reading in the last year. That doesn’t seem right! Maybe I read from a paperback those days… Either way my stats should be better! :smash::flail:Its also not showing a few books as complete. Probably because I didn’t flip through the notes at the end! But that’s fixable.:lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Y
i assume they arefarm raised like frozen feeder mice/rats for reptiles(hopefully skinned before mixing it into food) are but that begs the question if they are gut loaded and fed a good diet etc. before being processed i will let you know with pics tomorrow i think its a pate style so probably ground up. the store i bought it from had several options for the second meat duck,rabbit,chicken turkey to i think:lol:gf is kinda grossed out cause it lists whole mouse as 2nd ingredient:biggrin:didnt help cause i had brought before about buying frozen feeder mice/rat pups and blending em up to see if graycie would eat it.far asthe mice being cooked prior i dunno i think i can tell if its raw mice
You are stoic…doubt I could ever blend a mouse. Will be intrigued to how many stars she gives it. Mine proudly left me a fresh one this morning to share: I praised him and flung it far far away.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y

You are stoic…doubt I could ever blend a mouse. Will be intrigued to how many stars she gives it. Mine proudly left me a fresh one this morning to share: I praised him and flung it far far away.
not sure if its cost effective to feed her this other than as an ocasional treat type meal

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 heres how it looks😁no mouse parts smell reminds me of a can of sardines minus the fishy smellllike a tomatoe sauce smell?i offered it plain no bonito flakes but its 3 am her she went up and licked but i kbow she isnt hungry yet to early still will update in few hours😄its got alot of sauce in the can to

Attachments

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
added bonito flakes she is eating it nutrition wise its average like you said susanm9006 susanm9006 not enough to justify the cost of it unless ofcoursegraycie needed some kind of special diet etc. the place is called friends furrever.they sell online and are able to get/order any brands requested :biggrin:pretty over whelming walking into there to shop cat foods

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered some Profender topical dewormer for Demi & Maggie. Do I have to deworm them twice, 2 weeks apart like with Drontal? The website said once every 3 months, but I know a lot of people do 2 doses to kill the eggs that hatch.
W Willowy --I know you could probably answer this, but you're never around anymore for some reason. Hope you come back.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
added bonito flakes she is eating it nutrition wise its average like you said susanm9006 susanm9006 not enough to justify the cost of it unless ofcoursegraycie needed some kind of special diet etc. the place is called friends furrever.they sell online and are able to get/order any brands requested :biggrin:pretty over whelming walking into there to shop cat foods
Did she seem especially thrilled by it? From your description, maybe it’s more like an Xmas stocking stuffer type treat?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she seem especially thrilled by it? From your description, maybe it’s more like an Xmas stocking stuffer type treat?
hmmm i couldnt really say other than she was ok licking the gravy up on its own she is fairly picky about her food guess i was more excited to have the chance to let her eat mouse from the safety of being inside my apartment

kurothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just want to vent somewhere where no one knows me. Kuro is in the ER. Probably CKD. He will be in there for 24 hours at 5pm. I am waiting on the vet to call and give an update today. I guess depending on the severity, I will probably put him down. He will be the first pet I've ever lost as a 37 year old and I can't even hold it together. I cried less when my Brother and Grandma died. I've been reading that CKD cats can live for a long time, but he also had hyperthyroidism and had the iodine treatment, which may have contributed to his CKD. I'm guessing hes in stage 4 with just all his signs he's been giving me for the past 2 months. He's 13, and it's hard to believe I've had him for 11 years. He was so kind to the other cats, and would groom them even if they swatted back. He always gave me a squeak when he jumped up on the couch and wanted to cuddle or when he wanted me to turn on the faucet in the bathroom. I'm going to miss that squeak.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just want to vent somewhere where no one knows me. Kuro is in the ER. Probably CKD. He will be in there for 24 hours at 5pm. I am waiting on the vet to call and give an update today. I guess depending on the severity, I will probably put him down. He will be the first pet I've ever lost as a 37 year old and I can't even hold it together. I cried less when my Brother and Grandma died. I've been reading that CKD cats can live for a long time, but he also had hyperthyroidism and had the iodine treatment, which may have contributed to his CKD. I'm guessing hes in stage 4 with just all his signs he's been giving me for the past 2 months. He's 13, and it's hard to believe I've had him for 11 years. He was so kind to the other cats, and would groom them even if they swatted back. He always gave me a squeak when he jumped up on the couch and wanted to cuddle or when he wanted me to turn on the faucet in the bathroom. I'm going to miss that squeak.
I am so sorry you are going through this. Your Kuro is still a relatively young cat, it isn’t fair he has had so many health struggles.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
The waiting & wondering is the hardest part…you are not alone! Take deep breaths, try to be kind to yourself & if you can get rest. Do you have friends or family to talk to anywhere? I looked at his photos in previous posts: what a winner. You have been definitely doing right by him all these years. I’ve never had a cat that loved a sink—- just so funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.