What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we went to the basement for the tornado warning, J found one of Lelia's old toys and insisted on bringing it upstairs. And now every time Lelia tries to play with it, she rushes over to grab it and take it away. Poor Lelia.
20220616_081618.jpg

"Ball, ball," she says. She has clearly claimed it as her own.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Please keep an eye on that bit, and scratch.

I ended up with an infection from a tiny puncture would, from Artie. I never thought about it. It was when he was high from there pain meds, after dental surgery. I was preparing his food--not fast enough. He was rubbing in and out of my ankles..then just out of nothing, he chomped on my upper foot.

I forgot about it for 10 day-- it was there, burning a bit, thought nothing of it.. Until it began getting very itchy, and kind of throbbing.. I looked down at it, it was swollen, and red. I ran to the ER, on a Friday night. They took me immediately. They do not fool around when it comes to animal bites. They had to biopsy it. I was on an IV drip, sent home with one antibiotic. When the biopsy results came in, the antibiotic was changed to a more appropriate one..

What I am trying to get at, is: Please watch that area closely. I did not...
Will do. Douse it with alcohol often which hurts like a mother but it will definitely kill any bacteria that might have gotten into the wound.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think strider rose strider rose , if you are talking about the electric carts, that those who use them so so for the same r
When we went to the basement for the tornado warning, J found one of Lelia's old toys and insisted on bringing it upstairs. And now every time Lelia tries to play with it, she rushes over to grab it and take it away. Poor Lelia.
View attachment 423454
"Ball, ball," she says. She has clearly claimed it as her own.
It does look like a child’s toy!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie has been back upstairs 24/7 for a couple weeks now and last night, I thought we were going to have to start back at square one. I was unloading the dishwasher before heading to bed and was almost done. Next thing I know, Gracie is attached to my ankle and there was unbelievable pain. I screamed. Gracie ran. She had a hunched back, fur sticking straight up down her back and bottle brush tail. But she had her eyes locked on me and looked like she was going to attack again. Boone was bug eyed and started going after Gracie but my husband yelled at her to go back downstairs and shut the door. I had no idea why the attack happened.

According to my husband, Gracie was right at my feet and I stepped on her. I never felt it I guess which is weird because I always can tell if I step on the cats. The attack was her trying to get me off whatever part I was on. I have a deep scratch on the back of my heel and side/front of my ankle. Also a deep puncture on the other side of my ankle. Bled like a stuffed pig too. There was also a burning feeling like I have never felt.

I went downstairs to make sure Gracie was ok and that I didn't mean to step on her. I rounded the corner and she was hunched down like she was going to attack again. I sat on the couch and talked to her and she warmed up to me and started rubbing her head on my hand like she was saying sorry. Everything seemed back to normal. Since Boone acted like he was mad at Gracie for hurting me, I put him in my room with me and shut the door which he promptly flung back open and went into the living room to guard the downstairs steps.

Woke up this morning and no sign of Gracie which is unusual. Although she doesn't sleep with me and Boone anymore, she will come into my room as soon as she hears me get up. Got dressed and was 99% done putting my face on when Gracie walked into the bathroom. Boone seemed ok with her and I greeted her like I always do. Both ate their breakfast fine so I guess all is well again.

Definitely a weird end to the day yesterday though.
I have had a few infections from cat bites and usually the infection showed up within the first two days with substantial swelling and redness.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I should just give up and move to Alaska where I would be happy in the summer sun.
Not a bad idea. Goodness knows, I would if I could...although, I'd never see the boys again. Then again, if I could afford that move, I could also afford to fly out to see them twice a year! People always talk about it being dark "all winter long." That's not quite right. The length of the days and nights shifts, just like it does in the lower 48, it's just more extreme. And while the sun doesn't do more than WAVE at the horizon in mid-winter (like late dusk at noon), you can play golf at 3 AM during the middle of the summer without the course lights being turned on!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've had several short dizzy spells lately...not quite right for vertigo, there's a different quality to them. I FINALLY realized that they happen after I curl one leg under me and sit on my foot! I'm cutting off the blood flow to one leg, then when I stand up, the blood rushes down, and I get dizzy! SILLY ME!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I unfortunately (sorta, not really) had to move out of my parents place suddenly and permanently. It wasn't really planned. Things came to a boil and I had to leave for my safety and mental health and wellbeing. I've been gone since June 3rd but only went back this Monday to pack the rest of my things while no one was home. My mom did come later but she usually doesn't give me trouble. My dad is the main issue. I accidentally called him by his first name instead of "dad" when I was talking about him with her without thinking. It just slipped out. I think that says a lot. I'm happier where I am now. Travelling is hard because I don't have a car but I think I'll survive as long as I have a source of income. I'll try to get the rest of my things in August when my internship is over.
20220620_125203.jpg
20220620_125151.jpg
20220620_143035.jpg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
It's nice to be able to clear out your pantry by putting food out for other tenants to take. That way, the food doesn't get wasted.
That’s so awesome! I’ve been taking my extra veg from the garden to a food bank…it gets snapped up in seconds cos all there is mostly is canned veg. Pulls at my heart to watch very old people with canes or walkers all trying to get to it first. Makes me wish I could give more.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i very much hate how people do not return shopping carts back to the store and make others have to go get them ! people make me angry sometimes
I leave mine 80% of the time if I am by myself and 99.9% of the time if I have Hobbit with me. Part of my disability is chronic pain that is made worse by walking. A lot of stores have the cart returns pretty far from the disabled parking. After walking into the store, walking through the store, and then back out to my car, I am often almost in tears because of the pain. I am not going to add to it by pushing the cart back up to the store or to the return. It is worse when I have Hobbit because I would have to unload the cart, take the cart back, then walk back with him. I brace it against the curb or the sign.

Home Depot and Lowes have the worst parking lots. I can think of two stores that I regularly go to where I return the carts. One is Joann Fabrics and the other is my local grocery store. Both have cart returns next to the disabled parking.

Other things on my mind:
Hobbit does have mild autism. He starts early intervention this fall. He is trying to say "I love you." He says the "I" part pretty well, mouths "love," and says "you" almost like a wolf howl. It is so adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.