What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried Dow Scrubbing Bubbles? This spray foam usually works wonders on tubs and showers.
Yeah that was what I used last. Someone suggested using that spray with a magic eraser so I'll try that the next time. It's only this difficult when DH is wearing sunscreen to work all the time. I'm assuming it's the sweat resistance that does it. It had me thinking of my mom's big canisters of Ajax. I think it's not supposed to be good for every surface; but I don't remember ever having trouble keeping the bathroom clean at home growing up! :rolleyes2:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that was what I used last. Someone suggested using that spray with a magic eraser so I'll try that the next time. It's only this difficult when DH is wearing sunscreen to work all the time. I'm assuming it's the sweat resistance that does it. It had me thinking of my mom's big canisters of Ajax. I think it's not supposed to be good for every surface; but I don't remember ever having trouble keeping the bathroom clean at home growing up! :rolleyes2:
It could also be your bathtub, especially older ones or refinished ones (mine is both). The surface just seems to hang on to oils and dirt no matter what you use.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, my mom had just finished cutting up a cabbage and she immediately put it in the compost and went back to the cutting board and was wondering where she had put it and what she had done with it. And then she frantically looked around the kitchen until she discovered that she had put it into the compost. She's been having memory issues for years now but it's starting to become more noticeable and I'm concerned. My grandfather (her father) had Alzheimer's. But apparently this could be normal ageing? She's only 63. She also frequently locks her car keys in the car. At least 2 - 5 times a year I'd say. I don't know what else to do to help her. I told her to make an appointment with her doctor but she's just been laughing it off say that she is tired and that's why she does these things but I don't know if I can believe that.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was having a discussion with a coworker about her having to go to the doctors to get stitches out. She seemed shocked that I take them out myself. Done it with pets and kids for like forever! It's super easy and saves a trip to the doctors where you just sit and sit in the waiting room for literally a five minute procedure. Is that weird??

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm... I could be tempted to do that for myself; but probably not my kids. DD had stitches once when she was 3 and she did NOT like them being messed with. The doctor was able to do it quickly and calmly and make it less of an ordeal. I'm good at being calm; not as good with the quick with something unfamiliar like that. He was a great surgeon to work with!

Now when DS had 2 staples in his head we had to go back to the ER to get them out because the pediatrician didn't have the tool for it. THAT was a pain! It was long before covid and someone had several family members with them leaving me no chair to sit in our little curtained partition. It was a small ER with only like 8 beds tops and I stood there for what felt like hours. I would have loved a quicker option!

If I lived near my aunt and cousins I'd probably just get them to take stuff like that out. I'm not sure if they could do staples; but stitches sure. I don't think anyone would even bat an eye. Most of them are nurses/nurse practitioners/etc.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, my mom had just finished cutting up a cabbage and she immediately put it in the compost and went back to the cutting board and was wondering where she had put it and what she had done with it. And then she frantically looked around the kitchen until she discovered that she had put it into the compost. She's been having memory issues for years now but it's starting to become more noticeable and I'm concerned. My grandfather (her father) had Alzheimer's. But apparently this could be normal ageing? She's only 63. She also frequently locks her car keys in the car. At least 2 - 5 times a year I'd say. I don't know what else to do to help her. I told her to make an appointment with her doctor but she's just been laughing it off say that she is tired and that's why she does these things but I don't know if I can believe that.
It could be just normal forgetfulness or being tired or even medical issues like higher blood sugar. Does your mom work? I found in the last few years of working that I did those kinds of things but it was really the fog of exhaustion that cleared when I was able to get more sleep. But in any case she should be seeing a doctor annually at her age.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only two times I had stitches (wisdom teeth removal and after birth) they were dissovlable, so I didn't have to remove them.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be just normal forgetfulness or being tired or even medical issues like higher blood sugar. Does your mom work? I found in the last few years of working that I did those kinds of things but it was really the fog of exhaustion that cleared when I was able to get more sleep. But in any case she should be seeing a doctor annually at her age.
Yes, she works. Too hard at her age I think. But we don't have a lot of money and she is the primary earner.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had multiple sets of stitches and staples and my son had several sets of stitches when he was young as well. I would never even consider removing them myself because just even looking at them (going in or coming out) makes me queasy and lightheaded. I can’t even look when they draw blood.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had multiple sets of stitches and staples and my son had several sets of stitches when he was young as well. I would never even consider removing them myself because just even looking at them (going in or coming out) makes me queasy and lightheaded. I can’t even look when they draw blood.
Imagine the first time you had to put stitches in- to someone else, of course. I've had to sew up a few people in my time, and got fairly good at a two-hand instrument tie, and didn't leave any scarring, either. But that was long ago and far away.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's normal aging. Since her father had Alzheimer's, I would definitely get her tested. You don't have to have a 1st generation family member to get Alzheimer's but people who have 1st generation family members with it are more prone to getting it.
Make the appointment yourself and make sure she goes.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's normal aging. Since her father had Alzheimer's, I would definitely get her tested. You don't have to have a 1st generation family member to get Alzheimer's but people who have 1st generation family members with it are more prone to getting it.
Make the appointment yourself and make sure she goes.
This is what I was thinking. The way it's been progressing and how it's been slowly getting worse. Sometimes, I end up telling her the same thing 5 times over because she has no memory of me ever telling her. Her short-term memory has gotten terrible but long-term is fine.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering how many projects on a plate are too many…

Accident related:
  • DMV
  • claims
  • lawyers
  • medical appointments
  • new vehicle
Yard projects:
  • Cleanup/remove old landscaping rocks
  • re-paint cement brick wall
  • install new landscaping
  • repair patio cover
  • install lighting on patio cover
Home projects:
  • Replace subfloor in upstairs bathroom (pet damaged)
  • Clean/weed out junk from various rooms
  • Replace floors throughout entire house
  • Refurbish kitchen (cabinets, counters, new fridge)
  • Refurbish antique furniture
Craft projects:
  • dragon egg
  • Reusable produce bags
  • Havana afghan
  • Escher afghan
And somewhere in there I have an anniversary trip to plan, as well as family trip, and maybe even a few camping trips, as well as possible canning projects.

:runaround:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I edited the photo I took of the campers kitchen to see what it would look like if I worked with the green instead of against it. I'm thinking about isolating the green to the kitchen only because it's everywhere else and I think it's overbearing. Wondering what other colours might look nice. The green is very uh... vibrant.
unnamed-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.