What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are fairy sparkles Katie M Katie M ! I told DD that when she pointed mine out years ago and she said she wanted some. Of course I told her she had to wait. :lol:

I wouldn't worry over it either; everyone is so different. I have found hair on my head that is brown at the root and white at the end. MIL still has a lot of red to her hair in her late 70s. Meanwhile DH has been getting white since his early 20s. For a while he looked blond but now more white and he's less red than his mother. Sometimes I'll look at an old picture of us and it kind of shocks me how red his hair was. It's like I've forgotten. :lol: It's amusing that his mother has more red left than he does though. SIL has more red than either of them even being several years older than DH. She said she started getting white ones at the temples early but it didn't go so quickly like DH.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Katie M Katie M , how wonderful! I have lots of gray hair now. I stand in front of the mirror and watch the silvery strands slip down between the honey-brown, and think, "Every one of those is a merit badge of a youth well-misspent!" Well, except for the handful that have my grown sons' names engraved in gold on them. In a culture that most mistakenly worships youth, I am enjoying being old enough to say what I mean (although I couch it politely, neither do I overly-mince words), and to suit myself in all things. I know that sounds selfish, but a little bit of selfish is a good thing. That said, often what suits me is to help others. Just because. I no longer do it because I "should," I do it because I actually enjoy it.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually productive today, which is difficult when you have depression. I hung up my summer clothes and put my winter clothes away, cleaned out my cabinet, and even put some stuff out in the hallway to (hopefully) sell.

I feel like I can feel good about today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew... I am so tired..
We played bocce today. It was so cold and windy!! Everyone froze. Myself and my Captain were "off" our game today.. sigh..
We lost... first loss of the year. We are now 3 Wins, 1 loss.

I was outside from 10 am to 12pm!! I had to cheer on a friend who was playing int he next to last game. I was so cold, one of the guys was hugging me, to get me warm!! Leggings, long sleeves, heavy sweatshirt, baseball cap, hood up over cap, sneakers, socks.... BRRRrrr.

I was so cold when I came in, that I got a hot coffee from the store, and had it downstairs with a few of the 'guys'...

I could not wait until after supper to take a shower, and get into my pjs... Now, I am relaxing.

So funny, I took my eyeglasses off, after the game, and saw a white windburn line on my face, from the glasses! It is gone now.

Tomorrow, they re replacing the electrical panel. It is not up to code. Geoffrey is going to be locked in my bedroom, all day.. poor thing.. I will put his litter box, food, water in there, and check on him periodically. He is going to be so frightened. But I cannot do anything about this. They are hooking up my refrigerator to a portable generator. They begin at 8am... early..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's cool today but it feels so good right now. I went outside after scrubbing the bathroom. I got a pack of Mr Clean Magic Erasers to use on our tub and shower. DH's sunscreen sticks to the wall like the worst soap scum. They did work but it took 2 and I still needed to scrub. You could feel when it gave way though. DH found a scrubber on a short pole so I'm going to try that to keep it up. Bending over to scrub like that is hard on the back. So yeah; the cool air felt good and I ended up doing some weeding.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's cool today but it feels so good right now. I went outside after scrubbing the bathroom. I got a pack of Mr Clean Magic Erasers to use on our tub and shower. DH's sunscreen sticks to the wall like the worst soap scum. They did work but it took 2 and I still needed to scrub. You could feel when it gave way though. DH found a scrubber on a short pole so I'm going to try that to keep it up. Bending over to scrub like that is hard on the back. So yeah; the cool air felt good and I ended up doing some weeding.
Have you tried Dow Scrubbing Bubbles? This spray foam usually works wonders on tubs and showers.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew... I am so tired..
We played bocce today. It was so cold and windy!! Everyone froze. Myself and my Captain were "off" our game today.. sigh..
We lost... first loss of the year. We are now 3 Wins, 1 loss.

I was outside from 10 am to 12pm!! I had to cheer on a friend who was playing int he next to last game. I was so cold, one of the guys was hugging me, to get me warm!! Leggings, long sleeves, heavy sweatshirt, baseball cap, hood up over cap, sneakers, socks.... BRRRrrr.

I was so cold when I came in, that I got a hot coffee from the store, and had it downstairs with a few of the 'guys'...

I could not wait until after supper to take a shower, and get into my pjs... Now, I am relaxing.

So funny, I took my eyeglasses off, after the game, and saw a white windburn line on my face, from the glasses! It is gone now.

Tomorrow, they re replacing the electrical panel. It is not up to code. Geoffrey is going to be locked in my bedroom, all day.. poor thing.. I will put his litter box, food, water in there, and check on him periodically. He is going to be so frightened. But I cannot do anything about this. They are hooking up my refrigerator to a portable generator. They begin at 8am... early..
Well worth it to have your electrical upgrade!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It is cold and supposed to rain all day so I get a break from the daily yard work I have been doing. I am going to do a bit of inside cleaning, finish the puzzle I am working on and drink an extra cup of coffee.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that right and left are parts of a single whole ... there is an up and down, and the top always oppresses the bottom ... the border between good and evil is horizontal ...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just walked past the table I put my stuff on, and someone just TOOK the Game Boy and the two games I included with it. They essentially robbed me.
They might have thought they were free. Sometimes people set stuff they don't want out on tables for people to take at apartments or the curb of their house. I've seen that tons of times...

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wrote a letter to Air BNB saying how nice it would be if they had cheery dog and cat icons you can click on when trying to find somewhere to stay. SO hard to find a place that accepts cats, and think of all the homeowners that would probably not only specifically cater to cats, but decorate for them, w/ ramps on the walls, etc. It’d be even better if you could rent out a house that came w/ a cat you could potentially adopt!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Took hubby to a doc appointment today. It was a “Quick Care“ facility that focused on accident injuries (hubby got rear ended a couple weeks ago).
There was a couple in the waiting area with a 2-3 year old toddler. They were constantly snapping at him to sit down, be quiet, stop fussing, etc.,. The poor kid didn’t even have a toy to keep himself occupied with. 😕

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Roof inspection today at noon. It’s just a few years old so fingers crossed they don’t find damage. Pretty much everyone is getting an inspection and most a new roof because of the hail. A big bonus to those who had old roofs. And so much hail damage to vehicles that the big insurers like American Family and State Farm have up mobile trailers in parking lots and are running three or four lines of car inspection’s all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.