What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother's credit card number got stolen again. It must be Target or Walmart, that's the only place she really uses it. What a pain. Now I have to change the passwords since I use the accounts too. Anybody else have problems with Target or Walmart and getting their card stolen? Any way to prevent it?
Target had a breach a few years ago but I haven't heard anything recently. Probably not them.

How about online? Is the number ever used to buy from a small online store? The only times my cc has been compromised were twice from an online pet id tag company (same one), and once from using it at a craft fair, one of those "swipe on my iPad" things.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do almost all of my shopping online since the stroke, and have never had an issue with Walmart online. Dunno about Target, I've only used them once in the past year, but no issue at all.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are Saints? Can you pray to them and they help you for sure? I might try it, I've tried everything else... I can't find a religious thread, only politics, so not sure where to post this.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are Saints? Can you pray to them and they help you for sure? I might try it, I've tried everything else... I can't find a religious thread, only politics, so not sure where to post this.
Saints are holy people. Technically, when you pray to them, you're not worshipping them, just sort of hoping they'll pass your message on to God. Certain Saints are known for certain things, like St Anthony is the patron Saint of lost items, so you throw a prayer in his direction when you're looking for something.

But they can't change a person, like your mom. We all have free will. If that's what you're hoping.

My daughter gave me a fright this morning. I left her playing in the front room while I went to the bathroom. Usually she keeps playing or follows me, but instead I hear her screaming and find her in the kitchen somewhat like this.
20220426_092429.jpg

I can't with this child sometimes. :eek3:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But they can't change a person, like your mom. We all have free will. If that's what you're hoping.
You read my mind! Thanks for explaining that. If the saints could only help a little bit with me finding a way to leave more easily. Like both the courage to leave and financial.

Has J been watching Spiderman by any chance? I think I saw him do that move. :thumbsup:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently I'm on a roll with birds this week. No sign of the green bird; but I did just find what I think was a Cooper's Hawk in my bushes. DD and I were doing her spelling words and I could see a big bird hopping at the bottom under the privet hedge where there is a simple fence on the other side. It eventually turned around and hopped out onto some cinder blocks we use for DH's kayak trailer and then it flew up into the bushes. I know there is a nest near there. The kids and I went outside for a few minutes and made a little noise so hopefully it went on it's way and left my birdies alone! :(

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, sometimes bright green birdies can be ok…ie the Parrots of Telegraph Hill. I’ve seen escaped budgies in a flock in Brooklyn! Heck knows what they do in winter.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Saints are holy people. Technically, when you pray to them, you're not worshipping them, just sort of hoping they'll pass your message on to God. Certain Saints are known for certain things, like St Anthony is the patron Saint of lost items, so you throw a prayer in his direction when you're looking for something.

My daughter gave me a fright this morning. I left her playing in the front room while I went to the bathroom. Usually she keeps playing or follows me, but instead I hear her screaming and find her in the kitchen somewhat like this.
View attachment 418320

OMGosh!! J is imitating CAT behavior!! OMG!!

M maggiedemi Saints are very very Holy People who gave their life for God. Many of them did without any luxuries, giving to the poor.. Many lost their lives because of their religion--refusing to be changed to the 'popular' one of the times.
Many miracles can be attribute to Saints. Some were living when the miracles happened. Most were dead. People parked to them for certain specific, and mostly unattainable things; as in, curing someone with a cancerous or vicious disease.

If you are praying for something which is selfish, for you---it will not happen. If you are praying to change someone's behavior--then this, as in the specifics of your mother, would indeed be a small miracle. You have to Believe first, in the Saint and the religion.

Saints do not provide miracles for ordinary, self centered things.. They are there for hope... and belief..

Saint Anthony is the patron saint of lost items. Google him, and you can read up on his life...

St Blase is the patron saint of throat disease; because, he once performed a miracle by saving the life of a child who was choking on a fish bone....

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So...he performed the Heimlich and got sainthood? There's hope for me yet.
Sorry, I feel this is a snarky post.. I take my religion seriously. It is not to be made fun of...

I do not know what St Blaise did... I was not there.... But it is a miracle... It was done during the early Centuries...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are praying to change someone's behavior--then this, as in the specifics of your mother, would indeed be a small miracle.
Truest words ever spoken. It would indeed take a miracle for her to stop being a demon.

You have to Believe first, in the Saint and the religion.
The problem is, I do believe that God/Saints "could" help me. But I don't know if they "will". I can't believe that they "will" do it, because I just don't know for sure. So if it's a requirement that I "know" they will help me, then that is just really hard to do, because I don't know.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here also. I keep having to bring my flowers in every night. I want to go buy the rest of my potted flowers; but they'll be living in the wagon for a bit with these temperatures. It makes it so much easier to bring them in and out in one or two loads. At least DS has been helping me carry what I've already got out back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.