What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't understand why the catalytic converters were being stolen so I googled it. It has nothing to do with the metal itself. They grind them up with the exhaust in them and get high off of it.
Hmm, I couldn't find that. This is what I got: "They contain three metals that aid in the chemical reaction that makes exhaust pollutants less harmful: platinum, palladium and rhodium. The prices of these metals have risen dramatically during the early 21st century."

Co2 can get you real dead but I don't think it gets you real high :tongue: . But the price of rhodium is around $17,000 per ounce!

I bet that explains the current used car prices too. If even the rattiest beater has $1,000 worth of rhodium in it, no point selling it for less than that.

ETA: Oh wait, I found it! Weird! Sounds like mostly in Africa though. They must be really desperate; sleeping for days doesn't sound very recreational to me.
High Off Exhaust Fumes: The Strange Reason Some People Are Stealing Catalytic Converters

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is day ten of the butter challenge. The last day. Seven days on and three off. I really want to say J passed. Her mood has been fine, no spitting up, and hasn't been acting abnormal, but did get a slight diaper rash a couple days ago. I know my facebook group would call that a fail (they say anything out of the ordinary is), and it can be the sign of dairy intolerance.

Decisions are hard.
It sounds like she's doing well. I wouldn't go by what the FB group says. I'd ask her pediatrician. A slight diaper rash is not that uncommon. If it cleared up quickly, it's probably fine but I'd check with the doc to make sure.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she's doing well. I wouldn't go by what the FB group says. I'd ask her pediatrician. A slight diaper rash is not that uncommon. If it cleared up quickly, it's probably fine but I'd check with the doc to make sure.
My husband thinks I should call it a pass, so I guess I will. I bought some yogurt to try for step 3 and we'll see how that goes. If she suddenly gets an even worse diaper rash, I'll know it's the dairy, and if not, or she reacts in another way, I'll assume the rash was a fluke.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Fillings didn't happen. I'm really upset. I don't know who has been responsible for making the appointments but one of the receptionist yet again messed up the booking and now I have to wait until May probably to get them done. The first time, something with school came up and I had to reschedule. We had both agreed on a date and then I got a call reminding me about an appointment. I asked them what appointment and they told me for the filling but I said I already rescheduled and couldn't do it that day which is why it was changed to this week. I thought they had fixed it but turns out they didn't. They kept changing my filling for retainer check for some reason and now my dentist is all booked up. I called them upset and they told me they don't know how it happened and apologized but that isn't very helpful. The receptionist aside, my dentist is great. It's his own clinic and so I'm going to see if I can get into contact with him directly and explain how whoever is working the front desk messed up twice costing me having to wait for months now to get these fillings done. Unbelievable. I went to the clinic and they told me afterwards that I didn't have a filling booked so I asked them what the appointment was for and they said retainer check but I told them that is not what we agreed on. :sniffle:
As long as you have to reschedule, maybe talk to your dentist about two two hour appointments instead of one big one, especially if they are doing fillings on both side of your mouth. Doing one side side at a time gives you one side to eat on for the first day and you aren’t numb everywhere.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well J only ate about half the yogurt she was supposed to eat to count, but the diaper rash didn't get worse and is mostly gone, so I think that means I can call butter a win. 🤞 I may allow myself some baked milk leftovers that J didn't eat tomorrow. I'll try the other flavor of yogurt and see if she likes it better, but I may have to step back and work on getting her used to the texture with dairy free yogurt.

And if I'm wrong and she didn't really pass butter and I discover it later, we'll just cut dairy again.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't understand why the catalytic converters were being stolen so I googled it. It has nothing to do with the metal itself. They grind them up with the exhaust in them and get high off of it.
I was told that there is something like this in parts of Johannesburg; people steal flatscreen tvs and grind up something too, but forget which bit.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This says that the plasma tv drug thing is a myth---the substance in question is magnesium oxide, which can be found, cheap and easy, in antacids, and doesn't get you high---but then if a low-level thief THINKS that he can get high from a plasma tv, I doubt facts are going to get in the way.
Plasma TV drugs myth busted

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
graycie is a brat we got her new cat tree(will post pics after we build it) got new toys for her seems like her old ones are no longer of interest for heror the usual treats she gets when we get home :lol:only wants to play with her new toys some are duplicates of ones she has already just a lil beat up:rolleyes3: talk about high maintenance

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
graycie is a brat we got her new cat tree(will post pics after we build it) got new toys for her seems like her old ones are no longer of interest for heror the usual treats she gets when we get home :lol:only wants to play with her new toys some are duplicates of ones she has already just a lil beat up:rolleyes3: talk about high maintenance
I bought a bed tray table to put the girls' dishes on so they wouldn't have to bend down to eat. It was just the right size. Not too tall and it fits both dishes perfectly with some extra room. I got it all ready and set out their dinner dishes on it. They came over to investigate and within 5 seconds they both decided they HATED it. They would not touch the dishes until I took them off the tray and put them back the way they were. Fine girls. You win. I took the tray into my room and put it on the bed. I figured I'd keep it because I could put my remotes and coffee or water on it.

WRONG

I set it up on my bed with the remotes and some other stuff. 5 seconds later Sophie comes in the room and jumped up onto the bed. This conversation happened:

Sophie: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting my stuff on the tray.
Sophie: That's OUR tray
Me: You said you didn't want it.
Sophie NO we did not. We SAID we don't want our dishes on it. Big difference. Move your stuff. I want to nap on it. It's just the right size
Me. There's enough room
Sophie: Move your stuff or I'll push it onto the floor

I moved my stuff. The tray now has a little pillow on it. They both love relaxing on it.

You'd think I'd know better than to argue by now. I never win. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes3:anybody know when we can post pics using heic format?tree is done have pics i wanna post of graycie claiming her new tree
I am having the same problem. I cannot post pictures, anywhere because of the HEIC format, Apple is using.. Dam....

I was told you have to save the picture, convert it to JPEG and then insert... too much for my aged brain to understand...

IF this is answered at the Class I am scheduled to take, in the Apple Store, I will let you know.....
They are back to having in-person classes. I think I signed up for the first one, in the store...

Status
Not open for further replies.