What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Fillings didn't happen. I'm really upset. I don't know who has been responsible for making the appointments but one of the receptionist yet again messed up the booking and now I have to wait until May probably to get them done. The first time, something with school came up and I had to reschedule. We had both agreed on a date and then I got a call reminding me about an appointment. I asked them what appointment and they told me for the filling but I said I already rescheduled and couldn't do it that day which is why it was changed to this week. I thought they had fixed it but turns out they didn't. They kept changing my filling for retainer check for some reason and now my dentist is all booked up. I called them upset and they told me they don't know how it happened and apologized but that isn't very helpful. The receptionist aside, my dentist is great. It's his own clinic and so I'm going to see if I can get into contact with him directly and explain how whoever is working the front desk messed up twice costing me having to wait for months now to get these fillings done. Unbelievable. I went to the clinic and they told me afterwards that I didn't have a filling booked so I asked them what the appointment was for and they said retainer check but I told them that is not what we agreed on. :sniffle:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
guess stealing catalytic converters is still a thing to do according to the monthly news letter from my apartment complex stealing/robbing are on the rise all over the city and police still a step behind in catching the group doing it :rolleyes3:just another day of life in the city

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
guess stealing catalytic converters is still a thing to do according to the monthly news letter from my apartment complex stealing/robbing are on the rise all over the city and police still a step behind in catching the group doing it :rolleyes3:just another day of life in the city
It's a big thing here right now.

This is what's weird to me: this is a town of 400 people. Everybody knows who's stealing them! Nobody is doing anything! They're just like "yep, ol' Jeb is at it again, at least he ain't taking the copper wire off everybody's air conditioner like he did last year" and that's the end of it. I still don't understand small town life, apparently. Every time I think I'm getting the hang of it something else comes up.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad that you're back Alicia88 Alicia88 .
Was just wondering how you, John and Aeden are (I will never spell his name right)
Wait, didn't you have another one?
And what about John's daughter? (can't remember her name)

Your husband is John right? Or did I mess that up. My memory sucks sometimes.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a big thing here right now.

This is what's weird to me: this is a town of 400 people. Everybody knows who's stealing them! Nobody is doing anything! They're just like "yep, ol' Jeb is at it again, at least he ain't taking the copper wire off everybody's air conditioner like he did last year" and that's the end of it. I still don't understand small town life, apparently. Every time I think I'm getting the hang of it something else comes up.
its not odd at all the human race in general is just rotten (some not all) to its core

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is day ten of the butter challenge. The last day. Seven days on and three off. I really want to say J passed. Her mood has been fine, no spitting up, and hasn't been acting abnormal, but did get a slight diaper rash a couple days ago. I know my facebook group would call that a fail (they say anything out of the ordinary is), and it can be the sign of dairy intolerance.

Decisions are hard.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its not odd at all the human race in general is just rotten (some not all) to its core
Oh sure. But a lot of small-town people are like "nothing illegal ever happens here! If I saw anyone stealing something I'd punch him in the face! I'd like to see anyone try it, I'd shoot 'em for sure!" But when it actually happens they're like "ah yeah he does that a lot, no big deal".

Small towns actually have higher per-capita crime rates than cities do but nobody ever wants to do anything about it. It would be rude to call the cops on a guy you went to school with, I guess.

I mean, it's not just the small towns that are having catalytic converters stolen; Sioux Falls is having a problem with it to. Apparently someone who's good at it can remove it in 90 seconds without you hearing anything, so it's happened in broad daylight in semi-public places, too. Not sure what can be done to stop that, maybe cracking down on the scrap metal places that are buying them? But if the metal is melted down they wouldn't know where it came from. Idk. Maybe the car manufacturers will have to come up with an alternative or make them harder to remove.

Last edited:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sure. But a lot of small-town people are like "nothing illegal ever happens here! If I saw anyone stealing something I'd punch him in the face! I'd like to see anyone try it, I'd shoot 'em for sure!" But when it actually happens they're like "ah yeah he does that a lot, no big deal".

Small towns actually have higher per-capita crime rates than cities do but nobody ever wants to do anything about it. It would be rude to call the cops on a guy you went to school with, I guess.

I mean, it's not just the small towns that are having catalytic converters stolen; Sioux Falls is having a problem with it to. Apparently someone who's good at it can remove it in 90 seconds without you hearing anything, so it's happened in broad daylight in semi-public places, too. Not sure what can be done to stop that, maybe cracking down on the scrap metal places that are buying them? But if the metal is melted down they wouldn't know where it came from. Idk. Maybe the car manufacturers will have to come up with an alternative
My community hasn't had catalytic converters stolen. The biggest issues are OWI's and Methamphine producers. These two problems a frequently reported in the newspaper.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My community hasn't had catalytic converters stolen. The biggest issues are OWI's and Methamphine producers. These two problems a frequently reported in the newspaper.
dont worry soon as the meth begins to get cut with fentanyl and kids in the community begin to die it will become a huge issue

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't understand why the catalytic converters were being stolen so I googled it. It has nothing to do with the metal itself. They grind them up with the exhaust in them and get high off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.