What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I've gotten over the marathon book readings and TV show watchings, finally (although I still binge watch stuff), but I remember a friend who had a tee shirt that showed an adult foot on top of a badly broken Buzz Lightyear toy, that said, "TO INSANITY AND BEYOND!"

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DD and I watched Spongebob together all the time. I still watch it. She'll be 27 in a couple of weeks.
aww thats good memories right there i still sit down and watch old bugs bunny with my dad if he happens to be watching it when i go visit him :lol:83 this year still watching cartoons

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aww thats good memories right there i still sit down and watch old bugs bunny with my dad if he happens to be watching it when i go visit him :lol:83 this year still watching cartoons
It absolutely is. We watched a lot of cartoons together when she was small. We played a lot of video games together too. I used to collect teddy bears. I had bought one from ebay when she was about 3. When I got it, I opened the box and she immediately decided the bear was hers so I gave it to her. I read to her every night back then. We read a lot of Dr Seuss. We were reading Who Are You Sue Snue? at the time. She named the teddy bear Teddy Sue after that book. She still has him. I still have a stuffed dog named Henry that I got when I was 8 years old (I'm 52). DD also decided back then that Teddy Sue and Henry were BFF. I think they still are.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today is filling day. My appointment is in 4 hours. I'm not sure if they will allow my mom to come in with me. It's supposed to take an hour I think. I trust my dentist. He's been my dentist since I was 11 or 10 I think so 12 or 13 years now. He's always done a fantastic job. Trying not to worry. But my hypochondria is bad. *sigh*

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today is filling day. My appointment is in 4 hours. I'm not sure if they will allow my mom to come in with me. It's supposed to take an hour I think. I trust my dentist. He's been my dentist since I was 11 or 10 I think so 12 or 13 years now. He's always done a fantastic job. Trying not to worry. But my hypochondria is bad. *sigh*
Does he do gas? It doesn’t put you to sleep but just relaxes you and that might help for such a long appointment.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of my hypochondria, I requested to be awake because I have trauma from a surgery I had some years ago. I don't know if he uses gas. For my wisdom teeth, he pulled the first 2 out at seperate times and then the remaining 2 at another time. He sprayed my mouth with a numbing agent and then injected me with needles to further numb my mouth. Then he made sure I couldn't feel anything and pulled them out while I was awake.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they put you under to pull wisdom teeth? Do they have to cut them out? I have a wisdom tooth that broke and would like to get the rest of it pulled...
It depends. I had my bottom ones pulled when I was 14. They hadn't erupted yet, so they put me under to cut them out. I had my top ones pulled after they erupted, and that just took lidocaine and laughing gas.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they put you under to pull wisdom teeth?
They can. It depends what you ask for. I got what they call conscious sedation. Supposedly you're still conscious and can follow directions (like "open your mouth wider" or whatever) but you don't remember a thing. My brother was scared to do that (he thinks doctors are going to steal his kidneys for some reason) so he only got Novocaine, but he says he doesn't recommend that at all. He said you can still feel them cutting and tugging and hear all the icky sounds and all that, it just doesn't hurt. I think nitrous (laughing gas) would be in between those 2 things---you're still aware and can remember but you're feeling pretty relaxed and high. I had nitrous when I had dental work as a young child and I remember feeling funny but no other details.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they put you under to pull wisdom teeth? Do they have to cut them out? I have a wisdom tooth that broke and would like to get the rest of it pulled...
its your choice i belive i had novacaine only didnt feel anything other than a few pulls that moved my head a time or two just let your dentist know if you feel pain so they can inject more novacaine like with a prearranged signal raised hand/arm etcedit forgot to add this bit it felt soooo good once my broken wisdom tooth got yanked no more jagged edge scraping at my tongue /side of my cheek

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger---early 20's I had to have all my wisdom teeth removed at once. At that time, it was an overnight visit in the hospital. I later discovered that my dentist was a butcher.. so glad I was out. I heard that one tooth splintered... ugh...I was really sore. after it, and could not understand why...

As an adult, I have had molars pulled with just novacaine.

A few years ago, I underwhelm a couple of pulling, an abscess clean out and an implant... all with just novocaine. It was a much better experience. I went to an oral surgeon.. actually a periodontist for the stuff... He was so kind, caring.. stopping to give me more novocaine, without me asking for it..

The implant was nothing.... nothing at all... Afterward, I took a combination of Tylenol/Advil, and iced my jaw.. soft foods...

I would highly recommend that if you have dental issues, please get them fixed... Dentistry has come a long way..
Dentists and their staff are now trained on how to deal with patients having dental phobia/anxiety.
So expensive, but some have payment plans and there is also Chewsi, a web app which can help you find a dentist who is involved with them, and can get you somewhat of a discount. I think usually about 20%...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think my kitchen TV bit the dust. It has a built in DVD player we use for several of our school subjects so that stinks. I mean we have the laptops, a portable DVD player and the living room one; but still. ;) I had the TV on earlier and then suddenly the screen went 98.5% dark. I tried dusting with compressed air and unplugging it; but no dice. It's probably 12 years old now so we've gotten a lot out of it I guess.

I don't think they make tvs with DVD players anymore but it looks like I can get one with Roku built in. I have a small shelf under the tv for the roku player. Maybe it can hold a DVD player instead. I really prefer they do their work in the kitchen. It looks like I can probably replace it for under $150. Especially if I don't need to replace the wall mount.

My car is getting a repair to the radiator fan today; so it's not like I can run right out anyway. But me being me; I gotta look at all the options... :rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J fell asleep in the car for five minutes, so I'm thinking the nap that's supposed to be happening now won't be. She's happily reading and singing to herself and bursting with energy, so I'm thinking we may do the park around now instead of later, and maybe can talk her into a real nap after we feed the cats at 3:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.