What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Been there. Its HARD to be on demand 24/7. Really really hard. I used to hide in the bathroom every day pretty much. The mental load is a conveyor belt. I’ve gotten better at letting some stuff go because it just doesn’t matter in the end. But its hard. Mental load, mom guilt, expectations… Whatever you call it. Even with big kids its hard to be the mom I’d like to be.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
There's been a lot in my mind lately.

I don't mean to sound negative, but given my health status I wonder if I can ever make it to end of 2022.

I wonder when I can see my children again, as I am still stuck abroad. I wonder if I can have that proper goodbye to my mom. Her ashes are still in her bedroom at my home country, waiting for me to come home and decide where she would be buried or scattered.

This pandemic has caused a lot of anxiety, stress, financial problems to a lot of people. I still pray that these are all just a nightmare and we wake up, back to late 2019.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cross your paws. Hekitty's new meds should be here tomorrow (or, actually, later today) for her hyperthyroidism and her arthritis. I ordered them from the vet's compounding pharmacy, so I could get trandermal dosing (no pills for Miss Thing...not without LOTS of backup!), and it has been almost TWO WEEKS! Good grief! I'm glad that her hyperthyroidism is about as slight as it could be and still not be in normal range. I think I need to call the vet and tell her about it.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a black cat in my area that has been roaming around for months. He came to my backyard the other day but when I tried to call him, he ran away. He's definitely not feral. I think someone had him and just decided to dump him outside. I wonder if I will be able to catch him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does he look in good shape? Well fed? Hopefully he’s just wandering and someone is feeding him and giving him the option to come in. :ohwell:

I am trying to work out some things with DS. Hes a pretty happy kid. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a strong willed side. He mostly turns it towards school work that he doesn’t enjoy. So math and anything that requires physically writing. I’ve been hearing that boys of his age can be sensitive and emotional. And yep I see that in new ways! He’s always been so laid back its hard to motivate him. Like one time I emptied the toys from his room and he occupied himself with a string he found on the floor…:cringe: I really don’t recall my stepbrothers growing years so specifically. Plus I wasn’t around them so much. It feels like I understand what to expect with DD more. DH only says he remembers not paying attention in school.:hmmm::rolleyes2:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Cross your paws. Hekitty's new meds should be here tomorrow (or, actually, later today) for her hyperthyroidism and her arthritis. I ordered them from the vet's compounding pharmacy, so I could get trandermal dosing (no pills for Miss Thing...not without LOTS of backup!), and it has been almost TWO WEEKS! Good grief! I'm glad that her hyperthyroidism is about as slight as it could be and still not be in normal range. I think I need to call the vet and tell her about it.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a turkey sandwich today with the rest of the Boar's Head low sodium smoked turkey. Most of it really. Lilith heard me take the bag out of the fridge and started running around me and yelling. I went to sit down for lunch and she jumped up in the chair and started yelling louder. You think she wants some? :lol: :angrycat:

She ate a whole slice of it. I tear it into little pieces for her. Sophie didn't wake up to join us so I saved her a slice. Let's see how that goes over with her sister later who will conveniently forget that she already had some. :rolleyes2:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been there. Its HARD to be on demand 24/7. Really really hard. I used to hide in the bathroom every day pretty much. The mental load is a conveyor belt. I’ve gotten better at letting some stuff go because it just doesn’t matter in the end. But its hard. Mental load, mom guilt, expectations… Whatever you call it. Even with big kids its hard to be the mom I’d like to be.
Try being a single mom. Kids are demanding, but well worth it.
That being said, I'm glad I only have the one.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try being a single mom. Kids are demanding, but well worth it.
That being said, I'm glad I only have the one.
I was raised by one for 10 years of my childhood. I think it was harder blending our family...adding 4 more kids. She says I was easy. :lol:

There are a million reasons parenting is hard. Every parenting situation is different and has it's own challenges.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie woke up a little while ago. I gave her the last slice of turkey. Lilith was napping in one of the cat trees. Of course the rustling of the bag woke her up. She glared at me while her sister ate. I reminded her that she already had hers. She denied that. I roasted a turkey thigh last night. We all had some but there's leftovers. I'll dice it up finely and it will go on their dinner as a topper. Hopefully I will be forgiven. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Scammers--- Really hate them!!! UGH... While I was making a frittata, I got a text message on my phone:
"Alert. Your Credit card on Amazon will be charged #397.98 for your last order#173648.Contact Support on 18662019412 if you wish to cancel the order."

Complete with typo's... Looked the number up---- It is Japan--Okinawa, I think!!
The telephone number was linked to automatically call...
And they sent the message twice!!!!

ugh!!

I did not stop, but after eating, I checked my Amazon account for pending orders, and orders... nothing...

I am not about to call My Amazon Card.. not worth it...

What if some poor unsuspecting senior got this... ridiculous!!

Vent done!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scammers--- Really hate them!!! UGH... While I was making a frittata, I got a text message on my phone:
"Alert. Your Credit card on Amazon will be charged #397.98 for your last order#173648.Contact Support on 18662019412 if you wish to cancel the order."

Complete with typo's... Looked the number up---- It is Japan--Okinawa, I think!!
The telephone number was linked to automatically call...
And they sent the message twice!!!!

ugh!!

I did not stop, but after eating, I checked my Amazon account for pending orders, and orders... nothing...

I am not about to call My Amazon Card.. not worth it...

What if some poor unsuspecting senior got this... ridiculous!!

Vent done!
I'll do you one better.
Yesterday, I needed to call my electric company to change my plan. I called the number given - on their notice, with their letterhead in their envelope. It defaulted to a scammer. One of those "you are eligible for a free $100 gift card but there is a processing fee type thing.
I immediately phoned the number I have (to report outages) and spoke with customer service. I informed them that their number had been hacked and was defaulting to scammers.

I wonder how many people got taken by this. Feeling safe that they were talking to the company since it IS their number, but now hacked.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The medicine ARRIVED! Hek has gotten her first dose of each, without too much trouble. However, she got mad because I laughed at her. Got the meds in her right ear, as directed (switch with each dose), and she spent a good ten minutes sniffing around, trying to figure out where that funny smell was coming from!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:had to yell at gf this morning and made her cry hit my limit this morning hearing her yelling at graycie(being mean to my ears)thats just not happening in my book(you just dont take a bad mood out on the innocent) had to give her a reality check about her attitude just cause your moms health is bad and you have alot to deal with doesnt give you a pass to treat everything around you like dirt

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday I ordered all the valentine and birthday cards I need for the next 2 months. DH's parents and mine all have birthdays close together and typically the kids send separate cards to them. The price of cards has gone UP. But I found ones that weren't too bad and ordered. And now I see I had $15 in rewards/coupons to use. $15!! It's probably too late to do anything and I kinda need them ASAP before MIL's birthday! :cringe::cringe::cringe::cringe:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he look in good shape? Well fed? Hopefully he’s just wandering and someone is feeding him and giving him the option to come in. :ohwell:
I doubt it. People in this area do not care about the cats. It's been an issue for years. He looks skinny to me. I've noticed paw prints in the snow at my front door but I don't have any dry food right now. I was afraid if I left wet out, it would freeze.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Idk if it's the teething (I see two have broken through and there may be a third on the way) or a toddler phase, but J who was open to nearly everything has all of a sudden gotten picky and not eating much if anything. I offered her raspberry, blood orange, and toast with gingerbread butter on it for breakfast and all got thrown on the floor. I have leftover instant pot spicy chicken and rice for lunch, so we'll see if she'll still eat that.

I'm hoping to start the dairy ladder with her again and was planning on alternating blueberry muffins and chocolate cake for baked milk so she wouldn't get bored of just one, but now I'm worried she'll refuse to eat both or either.

Toddlers. :gaah:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Id be worried she’d be like “ooh sweet stuff! Forget the rest!” :crazy: Maybe its just the toddler version of a hunger strike. Those usually last a few days. DS loved all table food at first and now doesn’t eat everything; but could be much worse! There was a period where he mostly wanted cheerios.:rolleyes2: He also didn’t want to bother to feed himself. Thats his personality though. I’ve seen it in everything from food and potty training to now cleaning his room and school work.

DD did the thing where she didn’t want it till she saw you eat it. So DH would grab a fork and “steal” something off her plate and then she’d go to town.:lol: My stepmom told me she basically only ate off her parents plates for a while because she was like that. The same food on her own plate was disgusting or something.:lol:

DD is an amazing eater now. Its fun to take her places and try things. She wants a bakery/cafe place when she grows up. DS plans to be a chef there.:lol:

Oh and for what its worth; everyone seems to be having a rough week with their kids!!

Status
Not open for further replies.