What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never understood the whole Spam thing. Had it once and nearly vomited.
Have a lot of friends in Hawaii and they all swear by it. They are almost obsessed with the stuff. So there must be something about it. I just can't though.
If it's fried nice and crispy I like it fine. Straight out of the can? No way :barfgreen:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think DH has a Contigio brand travel mug. We have Primula brand ones too that I love so much I gifted a bunch. :lol: They aren’t dishwasher safe so I usually save them for when I’m out and about.

And I agree about the coffees you can try that don’t come in pods. Its nice to try different stuff. My aunt brought me a bag from my hometown last summer and it was so good I didn’t want to share.:lol: I think they do make their own pods but its more economical to buy ground coffee. They had multiple grind styles on their website too.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
SIGH...I think I want a Keurig, if I can get the refillable pods for it. It sounds so lovely, fresh coffee whenever. I currently make a pot, and then heat a cup in the microwave over several days. Fresh every time would be lovely.
We love our Keurig and have had it for, gosh, eight or nine years. I have the refillable insert. Works great! But I also buy the SF Bay French Roast pods at Costco that are about 33 cents a cup. I have a French press, too, but when I get up at 5:30 a.m., all I want to do is push a button, grab my coffee, and sit like a zombie in front of the fireplace.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:biggrin:got a new kitchen tool today(nice solid 5 pound or so stainless steel pan) when we bought our lil table and chair set at ikea:lol:i wanna fry up some food now soon as i finish seasoning it :lol: tried enjoying a vep testing our new chairs grayciekeeps crying wanting to be out there with us(me):biggrin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I added this to the Betty White thread that was started after her passing. I've seen it around social media in the past few days. Adding it here so more people see it. I think she'd love this idea. She adored animals and they adored her. I can only imagine the reception she got. Have fun at the bridge, Betty. We'll miss you. :rbheart:

View attachment 406710
Hey everyone. Just a reminder that tomorrow is Betty's birthday. There is a wonderful local no kill shelter near me. I went to the website tonight to make my donation for Betty's birthday.

A couple of times a year, I will go onto their website and pay the adoption fee for one of their cats. I try to pick an older or black cat. Sometimes both. When the cat gets adopted I do it again for another.

Early last year I paid the adoption fee for an older black beauty named Betty. I decided to check on her and she's been adopted!!! In honor of both Bettys, I decided that instead of just making a donation I would pay the adoption fee for this 14 year old beauty. Hopefully she gets adopted and soon!

1642321306218.png

1642321351514.png

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After I paid the adoption fee for Callie, I emailed the shelter to ask them to put in loving memory of Betty White in the "sponsored by" line and they did. I think this will bring more attention to her. Hopefully this little sweetie will find her fur-ever home soon. :cloud9:

1642443215146.png

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I've figured out why I've had random things going on with my computer. Like the other day I was reading a thread, replied and it was in another thread! Then browser tabs were getting pulled into new windows. It's my mouse! Not me doing absent-minded things or anything. :lol:
The mouse. Uh, huh. We believe you, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The mouse. Uh, huh. We believe you, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . :lol:
At least my kids are off the hook!! My laptop is touch screen and DS thinks he needs to touch the screen when he’s pointing to something.

I’m getting him set up to start typing lessons. I’ve delayed that with him but I’m hoping he will like writing better if he can type his thoughts. I’m feeling pretty beat down over school with him lately. Catching myself both stress eating and snacking to stay awake. Not good.:cringe:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
UGH>>> venting... again..
Just spent an hour dealing with Geoffreys food! Yes, Royal Canin is AGAIN, out of stock of all canned Protein Select food!! Geoffrey eats the rabbit food... wet and dry..

Dry is not an issue.

Chewy is out of stock, my vets provider is out of stock, PetSmart (Banfield) is out of stock, Amazon is out of stock.

This past Sunday, I thought I found a place, PetFlow, to order it. I swear it was in stock when I ordered 3 cases of it... never thought to look at the confirmation email. I did look on the website, when I ordered it. Between the time I ordered it, and the time it was confirmed, with the email; the website must have automatically defaulted to what they had in stock!! Changed it to Venison!

I am partially to blame.. but...

an hour ago, I got a notification that the PV was shipped! NO, I did not want the PV..
After calling PetFlow, and then trying anonymously to see if there is a glitch -- sure enough there is.. I put in PR, and it automatically defaulted to PV....

Learned my lesson!!
Now, I have PV coming my way.. I think my Vet feeds venison to her IBD kitties... otherwise it is going to be an expensive donation.

I looked on the Royal Canin website for the PR... NO SELLERS Listed!! OMG..
I looked at the PV-- same thing~~ NO SELLERS LISTED!!]

I tried calling them... terminal hold for 20 minutes.. Then I did the 'chat with a nutritional advisor"
Asked about this..
reply: They are still producing the product.. but supposedly there is such a high demand for it.. I asked if there was a supply issue.. again, said it was part of the reason.. there has been an increase in demand for the products...

Royal Canin was recently sold to MARS, INC... I wonder if this is the issue?

UGH...
I have to see if I can slowly introduce the venison.. If I cannot get my hands on any more Rabbit..
I do have 1.5 cases in the house... after that---well... I do not know...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We may be getting some snow this weekend! CROSS PAWS!!!
Are we crossing for you to get it or not get it? Because if you want it; you can have any they try to send my way! :lol:

I watched Frozen and Frozen 2 with my kids on Sunday and I've been singing "Into the Unknown" ever since. I'm not to the point of annoyed with it yet... but I've come close to belting it out like I'm Idina Menzel or something. :paperbag: I have a decent voice. But I'm no Elsa... .:disappointed:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hold on. You WANT snow? :cold::running:
I do. I spent my early years in Anchorage, Alaska, and my "internal weatherman" is set to "SNOW!" I love snow. I walk in it. I dance in it (so far as one can dance on a walker). I glory in it. I don't want inches, I want FEET. Although...not in NC, where more than an inch means the schools close and the power will probably go out.

I do not mind cold. You can always add a layer of clothes. But there comes a point, in the summer, when you find yourself standing buck naked in your bedroom, holding a hand sander, and thinking, "If I take off just three layers of skin, I might survive this heat!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. I spent my early years in Anchorage, Alaska, and my "internal weatherman" is set to "SNOW!" I love snow. I walk in it. I dance in it (so far as one can dance on a walker). I glory in it. I don't want inches, I want FEET. Although...not in NC, where more than an inch means the schools close and the power will probably go out.

I do not mind cold. You can always add a layer of clothes. But there comes a point, in the summer, when you find yourself standing buck naked in your bedroom, holding a hand sander, and thinking, "If I take off just three layers of skin, I might survive this heat!
I hope you get a bit of snow... not enough to shovel, but just o see the prettiness of it..
(((hugs))))

Status
Not open for further replies.