What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Is anyone else playing Wordle? I’m just glad it resets with a new word only every 24 hours or I’d be sucked into an endless vortex! Everyone in the house would be on their own. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our little Isabelle is 3 months old today! She’s getting over her first cold, but she was a champ through it. Husband is scandalized at how we have to clear her nose with the NoseFrida lol. Now he’s sick though, hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.
View attachment 407391
Watching her grow is amazing and exhausting. She just started blowing raspberries at us yesterday and hasn’t stopped lol. She loves Frosty the Snowman and we are getting lots of smiles. Can’t wait for her first laugh!

I can't believe it's been three months already. Her hair is absolutely amazing! And agreed on the blanket!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else playing Wordle? I’m just glad it resets with a new word only every 24 hours or I’d be sucked into an endless vortex! Everyone in the house would be on their own. :lol:
I'm that way with Ark. I get to taming or breeding and the next thing I know it's 2am

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Havent heard of it. But I am rather fixated on online cryptogram puzzles and play for a couple hours every evening.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am probably on the COVID list. My son‘s paternal side had a late Christmas last weekend. One of the attendee’s came down with COVID the next day and last night his live in gf started feeling sick, took a home test and was positive as well. And unfortunately he was at my house for dinner last night, so likely he will catch it and will too. Both he and the gf have two vaccine doses, and I have also had my booster.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We thankfully tested negative. It seems to have been a mild case of the flu. I should have gotten my shot earlier! I did reschedule my flu shot and my booster for next week.

Hobbit is about 90% better. My husband and son are both "better but still feeling awful" stage. I am about 80% better. I feel a bit sore and am still pretty stuffy, but the sneezing and coughing are mostly gone.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a serious case of the munchies and it’s getting old. Especially salty carbs; so an orange isn’t gonna cut it. A couple weeks ago, after Christmas, I guess I had my fill of good eating and wasn’t too hungry. It was nice! Now my body thinks it needs to make up for it I guess? :hmmm:

I even tried letting myself have a little something. I’m still having a mental exercise over here. Goodness gracious! Maybe herbal tea will be a good distraction.:rolleyes3:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have some Cheez-Its while you’re thinking about it. They’re a good distraction, too. :)
I miss Cheez-Its.

J grabbed the wand toy from me, so I put her in the ring sling and let her wave it around a bit for Lelia. It was pretty cute, albeit a bit awkward.

Yesterday, after I fed the cats their lunch, J starts hitting at Sparkle (not to be mean, she doesn't understand yet - we're working on it!), so Sparkle moves to the other side of her bowl and J squats down and tries to swipe a handful of wet food. I stopped that quick! Never get between a Farfle and her food, lol.
quote-for-never-was-a-story-of-more-woe-than-this-of-juliet-and-her-romeo-william-shakespeare-...jpg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Yum. My favorite way to eat them is to dip them in peanut butter.
I used to fly a lot for work (I am SO glad I’m retired and don’t have to get on those Omicron incubators!) and Cheez-Its were the perfect plane snack food—those and Trader Joe’s little ginger cookies. No mess, bite sized, some salt, some sweet. Perfect! :yummy:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to fly a lot for work (I am SO glad I’m retired and don’t have to get on those Omicron incubators!) and Cheez-Its were the perfect plane snack food—those and Trader Joe’s little ginger cookies. No mess, bite sized, some salt, some sweet. Perfect! :yummy:
I used to travel/fly a lot for work as well. Horrible. My carryon always had a breakfast bar and peanut m&m’s.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I eventually told DD to make the meatballs for dinner. And then she dropped my good metal measuring spoon inside the container of salt. :cringe: :lol: DH rescued it later. I was worried it might get tossed with the container because it was almost empty. :lol:

The last time we flew was to Disney and my mother brought whole subs for us to eat at the airport. I was so excited I wasn't even hungry. But I didn't need any plane snacks after that! :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes3:found out i dropped 5 pounds since i had that adominal issue and swapped my diet according to my kidney doc visit today:biggrin:but kidney functions went up from 65%to 69%:bawling2:i didnt wanna become all scrawny:rolleyes: need to hurry up and get into a real house with gf so i can get gym equipment to really pack some muscle weight on:lol:bonus will be she cant give me dirty looks if i keep losing weight without trying to

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I ordered Hek's new meds yesterday, and almost fainted! With any luck, she'll be able to manage with one dose a day of the arthritis meds. Together, they were almost $100. I may have to learn to skip eating one week a month! We'll manage, though, and I think that her radioactive iodine treatment is covered by Care Credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.