What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So, J's allergy testing (I don't remember what thread I mentioned that in) all came back negative. Obviously, this is good news because who wants to have to deal with an epi-pen and potential anaphylaxis and reading labels forever. From what I understand with blood tests false positives happen fairly regularly, but negatives are pretty accurate.

This is also bad news because I'm not sure why she had that reaction after having the salmon. I feel like I need to give her fish again, but am scared to. I suppose it could be an intolerance like the dairy is. We'll see, but if I could add fish back into my diet it would open up so much.
I missed it. What reaction did she have?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed it. What reaction did she have?
It looked like hives to me mostly under her chin but I noticed later after giving her a bit of Benadyl it looked like there were some on the back of her neck and stomach, too. Minor compared to some pictures on the internet, but freaked me out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am also just stunned by Poitier's death...although, I should not have been. All the actors I loved when I was young are dying. I had a tiny bit of extra money this month, so I ordered "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" My mother adored that movie, and it is a pleasant way for me to remember her, and reconnect just a bit.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Wi
I am also just stunned by Poitier's death...although, I should not have been. All the actors I loved when I was young are dying. I had a tiny bit of extra money this month, so I ordered "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" My mother adored that movie, and it is a pleasant way for me to remember her, and reconnect just a bit.
With you there. Can’t they just pass over the good ones? I watched A Patch of Blue not too long ago and for me it held up. His books are superb, too.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been a terrible couple weeks as far as celebrity deaths go. I didn't watch Full House regularly, but did watch him on America's Funniest Home Videos, and he was just on Masked Singer last year, and this one is hitting me.
I grew up watching Full House and America's Funniest. They're how I'll always remember him.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I had Miralax on my list for my trip to the grocery store yesterday, and the shelves were totally empty! I went to another store this morning and no luck. More things than we might imagine could be coming to a screeching halt! :lol: Seriously, though, I need it for Iris. I’ll check Walgreen or order it online. I have some left, but Iris would struggle without it.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit, my husband, my son, and I are all sick. Keep your fingers crossed it is just a cold or the flu. (I was supposed to be getting my booster and flu shots tomorrow!) Sinus issues, headache, soreness, sore throat, exhaustion, mild cough, and sneezing. I am picking up COVID tests tomorrow from our library. I should have picked them up today, but I did not want to go anywhere. Hobbit is with us again to protect his momma just in case it is. Thankfully, his symptoms are not nearly as bad as ours. Unfortunately for me, that means he is much more rambunctious than I am! I had to block off the sitting room because he keeps going into the kitchen for snacks and going towards the stairs saying "Hour!" (He wants a shower.)

My son is isolating in the spare room at their house until I can get the test to him. It just makes more sense for just one of us to make the trip. I am the least sick feeling of the sick adults, so it is going to be me.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Hobbit, my husband, my son, and I are all sick. Keep your fingers crossed it is just a cold or the flu. (I was supposed to be getting my booster and flu shots tomorrow!) Sinus issues, headache, soreness, sore throat, exhaustion, mild cough, and sneezing. I am picking up COVID tests tomorrow from our library. I should have picked them up today, but I did not want to go anywhere. Hobbit is with us again to protect his momma just in case it is. Thankfully, his symptoms are not nearly as bad as ours. Unfortunately for me, that means he is much more rambunctious than I am! I had to block off the sitting room because he keeps going into the kitchen for snacks and going towards the stairs saying "Hour!" (He wants a shower.)

My son is isolating in the spare room at their house until I can get the test to him. It just makes more sense for just one of us to make the trip. I am the least sick feeling of the sick adults, so it is going to be me.
Oh, no! I hope you all are feeling better soon, no matter what it is. :grouphug:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been tryng tor over a week to order my tylenol with my OTC insurance credits, bu/t they are out of stock. Arthritis is gonna be a bad boy if this keeps up.

NO pain/fever control items, no cold/flu remedies. I can, however, order most anything else!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Day two of my handyman visit and pretty excited. Today he is replacing all the two prong outlets in my living room with grounded three prongs. Anyone who lives in an older house knows the frustration of having to hunt for adapters before they can plug in extension cords or other three prong items. To be able to grab anything and just plug it in, now that is luxury!

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Day two of my handyman visit and pretty excited. Today he is replacing all the two prong outlets in my living room with grounded three prongs. Anyone who lives in an older house knows the frustration of having to hunt for adapters before they can plug in extension cords or other three prong items. To be able to grab anything and just plug it in, now that is luxury!
A recent episode of “Ask This Old House” (one of our favorite shows) covered this very topic! My husband did all of the electrical work in our house renovations over the years, but it all confuses me.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our library is out of tests, but the one in a neighboring village has a few available. I just have to wait until after 3 to go. They are holding them for me. Blah! I do feel a wee bit better today. My body hurts less and I am not as tired. Hobbit just seems to have a runny nose keeps sneezing. My poor husband and son feel worse today, though.

On a different note, the BMV said that they are putting the suspensions and the SR22 requirement under review!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Our little Isabelle is 3 months old today! She’s getting over her first cold, but she was a champ through it. Husband is scandalized at how we have to clear her nose with the NoseFrida lol. Now he’s sick though, hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.
BBE09EF3-EB7C-4612-B494-87E5AEF99BB0.jpeg

Watching her grow is amazing and exhausting. She just started blowing raspberries at us yesterday and hasn’t stopped lol. She loves Frosty the Snowman and we are getting lots of smiles. Can’t wait for her first laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.