What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t be on TCS much recently. In March my remaining kitty Domino was diagnosed with kidney disease and on Wednesday my Mom died.
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost mine last year, it’s a really stressful/painful time. I hope you have family members to lean on and help you get thru.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven’t be on TCS much recently. In March my remaining kitty Domino was diagnosed with kidney disease and on Wednesday my Mom died.
Oh, bbdoll22 bbdoll22 , I’m so very sorry for the loss of your mom and for the difficult time you’re going through. :hugs:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we started fostering again. I am not sure if it will be only these kittens, but this was an emergency case and I could not say no. Four three-day-old kittens lost their momma to a car yesterday. (They are three days old today.)Three boys and one girl. My husband said that we can keep one of them if I want. If wee one of the bunch lives, I think I might want to keep him. . If we keep him, his name will be Horatio Ephraim Flynn. I think the other two boys will be Cillian and Atlas while we have them. For the girl, I am trying to decide between Clementine, Violette, and Isla.

The Unnamed Girl
20220430_181730.jpg
Cillian (Who does not want his picture taken)
20220430_181930_2.jpg

Atlas
20220430_182020_2.jpg
Horatio, if we keep him
20220430_182108.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we started fostering again. I am not sure if it will be only these kittens, but this was an emergency case and I could not say no. Four three-day-old kittens lost their momma to a car yesterday. (They are three days old today.)Three boys and one girl. My husband said that we can keep one of them if I want. If wee one of the bunch lives, I think I might want to keep him. . If we keep him, his name will be Horatio Ephraim Flynn. I think the other two boys will be Cillian and Atlas while we have them. For the girl, I am trying to decide between Clementine, Violette, and Isla.

The Unnamed Girl
View attachment 418811
Cillian (Who does not want his picture taken)
View attachment 418812

Atlas
View attachment 418813
Horatio, if we keep him
View attachment 418814
How great that you took these babies in - a whole lot of work and lack of sleep for a few weeks but we’ll worth it.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Four three-day-old kittens lost their momma to a car yesterday.
Poor little ones. 😿 So wonderful of you to foster them, Elphaba09 Elphaba09 ! They'll be high maintenance kits for awhile. :hugs:

We had a visitor come knocking on the door this afternoon. Literally. This male California quail walked around on our porch for a long time, looking in first one sliding glass door and then the other. Finally, he began to peck on the door. That woke up the cats who tore over and threatened him through the door. He got scared and took off. But what was he doing?? Perhaps he could see his reflection in the glass and thought it was another quail. You don't usually see them solo; they're usually in pairs.

"Hi! Got any females in there??"
IMG_2144.JPG
t

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They certainly will be high maintenance! This is one time my sleep issues are actually helpful!

Three people are willing to adopt them, and since we know them personally, we know what homes they will be going to. The one who wants the girl prefers the name Clementine, so it looks like we are calling her that!

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Another neighbor adopted a dog!! Oh NO!!.. I am surrounded by them.. Poor Geoffrey..
This one is a small mix... It was quiet, at first.. but. now!!
I am thinking the dog is used to going out for walks.. This woman is very elderly, frail, and uses a scooter.. She is not going to take him out to poop or pee.. Consequently, the dog is barking at the door, wanting to go out..
She is paper training him!!!!!!! OMG>>> She is not a clean person.. This is all I need!!...

I swear, I just do not understand people.. and the stupidity of many of them..

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens went to the vet today just to make sure everything seems okay. They are all doing well. She said that they are definitely not more than five days old, which is what we thought they were, but she thinks they might be only four days old. As of today, all have homes waiting for them! My husband is happy that we are not keeping all of them! Haha!
Atlas is 4.3 oz. Horatio is 4 oz, and Cillian and Clementine are 3.5 oz.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Felix had surgery today to remove a mast cell tumour that went away and came back and another small tumour on the other side of his face. He is doing okay but kept walking around the house confused so we had to put him in a cat cage. He has to wear the cone for 2 weeks and get the stitches out in 2 weeks also. We will know the results of the tumour cells in a week or so.
20220504_171920.jpg
20220504_182031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.