What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently not
The state of Colorado mailed a jury summons to my house in Florida at least a few years after I moved. It wasn't forwarded or anything. They just mailed it to my Florida address. I called them to let them know that I did not live there. The woman I spoke to said that they just assumed that I lived in both places. :rolleyes2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The state of Colorado mailed a jury summons to my house in Florida at least a few years after I moved. It wasn't forwarded or anything. They just mailed it to my Florida address. I called them to let them know that I did not live there. The woman I spoke to said that they just assumed that I lived in both places. :rolleyes2:
That happened repeatedly last year to a friend who moved from Ohio to Texas. He got threatening letters addressed to his Texas home if he didn’t show in Ohio. He had a Texas license and everything at that point. :dunno:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That happened repeatedly last year to a friend who moved from Ohio to Texas. He got threatening letters addressed to his Texas home if he didn’t show in Ohio. He had a Texas license and everything at that point. :dunno:
I called them as soon as I got the summons. I never heard from them again after that. This was at least 15 years ago. Imagine I go to Colorado for something and find out I have a really old outstanding warrant for skipping jury duty. I really have no reason to go back there but for some reason, that wouldn't surprise me. :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
finally got to buy these old ww2 vets that hang out at the doughnutt shop next door to graycies vet a bunch of doughnutts and coffee :biggrin:got to hear a few stories about how my city used to be like when they were younger.hopefully they will be around still for graycies next vet trip:(they all got health issues

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
finally got to buy these old ww2 vets that hang out at the doughnutt shop next door to graycies vet a bunch of doughnutts and coffee :biggrin:got to hear a few stories about how my city used to be like when they were younger.hopefully they will be around still for graycies next vet trip:(they all got health issues
I love hearing stories from people who 'lived' it. Around 30 years ago, I worked with an older black man who would tell stories about how it actually was prior to the civil rights movement. I loved hearing about how he went to see MLK when he gave the speech. I was fascinated and appalled at how the blacks were treated back then. Although, being Indian (Native American, but I look white), I was also treated badly, but not like that.
I wish I was older before my grandfather died. He was in both World Wars. Imagine those stories.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked with an older black man who would tell stories about how it actually was prior to the civil rights movement. I loved hearing about how he went to see MLK when he gave the speech.
For MLK day, the local news outlet did a series of stories about MLK and the civil rights movement. MLK gave a speech in Sioux Falls in 1961 at a local hotel's ballroom, hosted by the Fork and Knife Club. He was not allowed to stay at that hotel. He had to stay at the Black Baptist church's parsonage. He was not allowed to walk in the front door or walk up the steps of the stage, but had to use the back servant's entrance and the butler's pantry stage access.

My grandparents were my age at that time. It wasn't that long ago at all.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I chipped two of my molars and my filling appointment is on Monday and I don't want to go. They have been chipped for about 3 years now or more and they haven't caused pain except for the one of my left side which started recently. I have no idea what the dentist is going to do and the pain isn't even consistent. It's just that sometimes when I bite down on it, I get a shooting nerve pain. I think it's fine, I've been managing. Or maybe I'm just stubborn... or scared. Either way, I have to call 48 hours before to cancel. What should I do? :sniffle:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For MLK day, the local news outlet did a series of stories about MLK and the civil rights movement. MLK gave a speech in Sioux Falls in 1961 at a local hotel's ballroom, hosted by the Fork and Knife Club. He was not allowed to stay at that hotel. He had to stay at the Black Baptist church's parsonage. He was not allowed to walk in the front door or walk up the steps of the stage, but had to use the back servant's entrance and the butler's pantry stage access.
It's hard to believe that after 60 years we've come so very little along that people are treated almost the same as they were then. When will people understand that we are all in this together?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandparents were all good storytellers. 3 were immigrants children so they experienced some things differently. 3 were/are WW2 veterans. I enjoyed my summers with them as a teen after I moved away. Especially now that 3 are gone and 1 is 103.

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Go get them done. Exactly for the reasons AbbysMom said. I was very nervous the first time I needed a filling so I made my mom go with me. If waiting causes more problems; you’ll wish you had taken care of it sooner. :hugs:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chipped two of my molars and my filling appointment is on Monday and I don't want to go. They have been chipped for about 3 years now or more and they haven't caused pain except for the one of my left side which started recently. I have no idea what the dentist is going to do and the pain isn't even consistent. It's just that sometimes when I bite down on it, I get a shooting nerve pain. I think it's fine, I've been managing. Or maybe I'm just stubborn... or scared. Either way, I have to call 48 hours before to cancel. What should I do? :sniffle:
get em done asap longer you wait more it can cost you to repair :lol:i put off a dentist visit for more than 30 years. it ended up costing a few grand along with all my bottom front teeth after all the work i ended up needing by putting dental visits off

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"Soonest seen, soonest mended." My father. He was a smart man. Go, get it over with, and you can forget it. And gnaw stuff.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone has already read someone else a book approximately ten times before 10AM, would it be bad to make said book disappear or the rest of the day?

Asking for a friend. :lol:
yes it would be bad since you could use said book as perfect chance to start teaching that lil person their letters along with how to read and spell:biggrin:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is it with cats? I made some coffee just now and when I was walking back into the living room, Lilith jumped up and started walking in front of me. VERY SLOWLY. As soon as I went around her, she started happily trotting into my room. I told her that I was going to issue her a ticket for obstructing traffic. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would pay good money for someone to print "Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes" in board book format. It was already kind of beat up from going home with students, but it's been taking even more of a beating lately (note, this is not the same book as earlier. I don't mind reading this one ten times in a row because she's so cute reacting to certain pages in this one).

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would pay good money for someone to print "Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes" in board book format. It was already kind of beat up from going home with students, but it's been taking even more of a beating lately (note, this is not the same book as earlier. I don't mind reading this one ten times in a row because she's so cute reacting to certain pages in this one).
jst wait until the lil reader has a favorite cartoon movie that becoms a marathon of must watch every day :rolleyes3:i have the lil mermaid seared into my brain from my baby sister along with episodes of my lil pony and rainbow bright from the middle sister

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone has already read someone else a book approximately ten times before 10AM, would it be bad to make said book disappear or the rest of the day?

Asking for a friend. :lol:
My sister-in-law and I were just talking about this very thing! I bought a book called "The Moon's Daughter" for her daughter's Christmas present. Apparently, she loves it and keeps making my SIL read it to her. It is part of a series and I told her that I would buy my niece the rest of them if she liked the first one, but only so many books are published each year. I have to wait for the next publishing date! I was able to get the third one in the series; however, that does not help my SIL!

*Edit: Just checked and they have the second one! I ordered it and am having it shipped to my niece! I will have to send the third one now. I am so glad this came up! They have all five in French.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
jst wait until the lil reader has a favorite cartoon movie that becoms a marathon of must watch every day :rolleyes3:i have the lil mermaid seared into my brain from my baby sister along with episodes of my lil pony and rainbow bright from the middle sister
My DD and I watched Spongebob together all the time. I still watch it. She'll be 27 in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.