Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've done that too!
Oh, a lot of us have done that, with occasionally hysterical results!

I got to actually pat AJ, one of my ferals, tonight. Not just a quick touch on the head, but a real stroke! Three of them, actually, and on the second and third, he actually arched into my hand! Four years, since I first met him as a kitten to a feral mother, and I got to stroke that sweet boy!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cleaned all morning. I love how a clean room "feels" and sat down to enjoy. That turned into laying down. Moment later I opened my eyes and thought it must be time for lunch. It's 2:45 pm. Oops. 😂
I have that problem when I sit down to listen to my kids reading. :paperbag: Or if we have an audio book portion to a lesson. My mom used to do the same thing. It’s not so funny anymore!:rolleyes2::lol2:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When my dog Tag was in his prime and earning agility titles, a friend of mine got me a wonderful gift. It is a hand made small (about hand-sized) stuffed dog that has all of Tags exact markings, right down to that little white spot in the middle of his back. It sat on a little post, and the artist had fashioned a tiny agility jump so the post could be sat behind the jump and give the illusion Tag was soaring over a jump. She put this on artificial turf and kept it safe in a glass case like a small aquarium. I cherish it!
When I retired Tag in 2019 because I knew he just "wasn't right", the post broke. I attemped to fix it several times but it always immediately gave out. I got it to the point where Tag's little likeness was kind of crookedly soaring over the jump and I just laughed and said he was going so fast, he was on two wheels.
Today, I was dusting and decided I wanted to try to fix it one more time. So I messed with it a bit and set it back up. So far, it's holding, and it has never held this long. It feels so strange, when he was competing and winning, his little likeness was soaring. When he retired, and got sick soon after, it was like his little likeness couldn't soar no matter what, but now, he's soaring again. The symbolism gave me a lift. :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:vibes::redheartpump::angel::redheartpump:

What's on my mind is trying to find a new sports team to cheer for, since Denver's professional football and baseball teams are pretty awful, no matter how much money they spend on filling the wrong positions that don't help the overall team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.