What’s my kitty’s breed?

sourpeachcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi~ I’ve had my little girl for about two years already. I adopted her as a kitten from a man who rescued her. He lived in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas NV. He found kittens left behind in his backyard. Therefore, he nor I fully know what breed she might be. Just recently, I discovered the Li Hua Chinese cat. I have a feeling that’s what she is, but I’m not entirely sure. I was hoping I could ask someone with more cat knowledge to help me figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say there is no chance this is a Li Hua. That is a very rare breed, and very unlikely anyone would just leave such kittens abandoned as they'd command quite a high price for a breeder.

Anyway, your cat is a domestic short hair, tabby with a "mackeral" pattern.

Most cats are no specific breed, they are of varied mixed ancestry and it's pretty impossible to tell what they have in their background. Sometimes you can make a guess by outstanding traits that show up in pedigree cats but most times it's still just a guess. Regardless, every cat is still special in it's own way. I really love your girls sweet expression!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Li Hua are cats living in China. So unless you do live in China, the chances of finding Li Hua in USA are slim (not null, because there is always the theoretical possibility of some Chinese immigrants whom had their cats with them, and whom got loose... Or an american quest worker in China, whom took with him a Li Hua back to the States - yes that happens -... And lost his beloved pet).

So, we do as Occam with his razor knife, and choose the most probable solution as the correct one: your furry friend is a domestic short hair, mackerel tabby pattern, The color will be called for brown.

One of USA´s superbt products!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sourpeachcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd say there is no chance this is a Li Hua. That is a very rare breed, and very unlikely anyone would just leave such kittens abandoned as they'd command quite a high price for a breeder.

Anyway, your cat is a domestic short hair, tabby with a "mackeral" pattern.

Most cats are no specific breed, they are of varied mixed ancestry and it's pretty impossible to tell what they have in their background. Sometimes you can make a guess by outstanding traits that show up in pedigree cats but most times it's still just a guess. Regardless, every cat is still special in it's own way. I really love your girls sweet expression!
Oh. I see. Okay awesome. Thank you so much!!😊💗💗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sourpeachcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Li Hua are cats living in China. So unless you do live in China, the chances of finding Li Hua in USA are slim (not null, because there is always the theoretical possibility of some Chinese immigrants whom had their cats with them, and whom got loose... Or an american quest worker in China, whom took with him a Li Hua back to the States - yes that happens -... And lost his beloved pet).

So, we do as Occam with his razor knife, and choose the most probable solution as the correct one: your furry friend is a domestic short hair, mackerel tabby pattern, The color will be called for brown.

One of USA´s superbt products!
Thank you so much. I can rest assured my miyu is definitely a short hair tabby. 😊💗💗