What’s my cats issue

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20E24138-AA4F-44D5-AD7B-9080F2D1A1B9.png
20E24138-AA4F-44D5-AD7B-9080F2D1A1B9.png

so... I have this 4 month old kitten and I can’t tell what’s going on. He’s done this for ever. Hejust does it randomly. I’ll be sitting in a chair or laying in bed andhe runs up to me in this pose! he then will proceed to run around and want to play. he doesn’t do it if I surprise him or if I walking into a room he just comes up to me like this. I know they are just screen shots of a video but ifyou guys have any idea on if he’s playing or being mean I’d love to know.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also I should add he’s never hissed at me ever. But he does this single click noise (like when you click your tongue) when he jumps up at me. I’ve had him try to spit at me twice but it was never in what seemed like an aggressive way almost like a can I do it type way.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It is really hard to tell from this picture. He could just be acting silly, like you are some big enemy he is trying to impress or he could be actually scared. The spitting could also be part of his playing or it could be because he is scared. Given that he plays near you afterwards I think he is just acting silly.

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He jump at me and attack my hand or try and get my hair (it’s long). He’s not aggressive I don’t think he’s just a rough player because he is still a litter and learning. I’ll post some screenshots of him after he pounces. (I wish we could add videos. Life would be easy.)

Attachments

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds as if he wants to play. He is playing “attack” or hide and seek. He wants your attention.

Right now you are his Mom. You need to set boundaries as to what he can get away with.

As long as he is not biting. If he does, say nNO and stop playing with him.

Years ago, I had a cat that would go into this exact same pose and jump sideways, when she wanted to play: Chase!!

Try to chase him around, saying: I’m gonna get you! Here I come!! He will soon learn to play hide and seek

I did this with Artie, who was a playful 8 year old. He learn to play “tag”. Even tagging me at times—- when I pretended to not see him.

Now I am teaching Geoffrey how to do it.
Your little one is still a baby, and very playful.

At least these are my thoughts on the situation.

Have fun. I bet your guy would love a wand toy!! To chase!

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds as if he wants to play. He is playing “attack” or hide and seek. He wants your attention.

Right now you are his Mom. You need to set boundaries as to what he can get away with.

As long as he is not biting. If he does, say nNO and stop playing with him.

Years ago, I had a cat that would go into this exact same pose and jump sideways, when she wanted to play: Chase!!

Try to chase him around, saying: I’m gonna get you! Here I come!! He will soon learn to play hide and seek

I did this with Artie, who was a playful 8 year old. He learn to play “tag”. Even tagging me at times—- when I pretended to not see him.

Now I am teaching Geoffrey how to do it.
Your little one is still a baby, and very playful.

At least these are my thoughts on the situation.

Have fun. I bet your guy would love a wand toy!! To chase!
Thank you! He actually loves when I chase him around and hide around the apartment and the doing it while we are in bed makes sense because sometimes when I want him to leave me alone I’ll hide under the covers lol. I’ll try that out next time! He’s never been aggressive but it makes me feel better know that it could be playing.

RainBoots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His body language - ears, whiskers, fur - all suggest play to me! Plus, his pupils look normal instead of big, which they can do when a cat is stressed or upset.

What a gorgeous little kitten! :)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Very playful! Have you tried throwing him a small toy so he can chase it and land in shipping trash? Any toys he can chew? Sounds like he would like cubes I got at Target for hiding and rolling around in. online only. Did not like the ones from walmart.